Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 177. (Read 576775 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506
Are there any components on the non-chip side of the BitFury boards? Any photos available?

I bet there aren't. They'll need the back side completely flat for the heat sink.

You can see some examples in the EU thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3031271
(although their boards are likely slightly different, but the point is the same - you need it as flat as possible)

Here are some more images:
(check 72 and 73)

The circuitry seems so much more simple than BFL's stuff. Which is a good thing, imo. Maybe, I'm missing something.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
Hi, I'd like to post this here as well

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3041531

given that a lot of hashing power is going to be delivered soon to this side of the pond.

spiccioli
Activity: 427
Merit: 251
- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -
Are there any components on the non-chip side of the BitFury boards? Any photos available?

Most of bottom layer is kept free of components,
except for some passive near the DC/DC converter:

intron
vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500

I bet there aren't. They'll need the back side completely flat for the heat sink.

You can see some examples in the EU thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3031271
(although their boards are likely slightly different, but the point is the same - you need it as flat as possible)

Here are some more images:
(check 72 and 73)
Merit: 506
Activity: 408
Merit: 250

Yup. When they know they've screwed and it's too late already they rush it next day first thing in the morning. Who knows, maybe they send Dave a FedEx girl like the UPS one to make it up :-)
Nope.  Its now in Memphis TN.  BOX #1 Why didn't you get off the plane??!!

Wow. That's FedEx' SuperHub baby: "The SuperHub is a world unto itself, with a hospital, a fire station, a meteorology unit, and a private security force; it has branches of U.S. Customs and Homeland Security, plus anti-terror operations no one will talk about. It has 20 electric power generators as backup to keep it running if the power grid goes down.
Every weekday night at the SuperHub, FedEx lands, unloads (in just half an hour, even for a super-jumbo 777), reloads, and flies out 150 to 200 jets. Its aircraft take off and land every 90 seconds. This all happens between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. Central Time. "

I'd say if Box#1 doesn't move in the next 2 hours, most likely will have to spend the night at MEM. I'd certainly hand her a blanket and give her some company if I saw it over there. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
UPS is strange company indeed. Once I've ordered laptop from UK. After two weeks of waiting I contacted them and they say that they delivered but I wasn't home. Well, I was and no single trace (aviso) that they were at my door. Next day package arived and next surprise. I've ordered one laptop and got TWO Wink Who made mistake, dunno till now... But my girlfriend was very happy that she got new laptop Wink
vip
Activity: 472
Well, this feels like Christmas without the batteries Sad

I got 1 of 2 expedited boxes.  You can guess the way this story goes - all H-boards, no M-boards.

Super annoyed. 

The M's will arrive tomorrow, along with another shipment from the factory.  I also arranged for Saturday delivery of their next shipments.  So we are looking towards tomorrow now.  Could not find anyone at FedEx who could tell me where box #1 is (let the conspiracy theories begin...)

i've had fedex deliver one package and forget to deliver the 2nd one when they have actually had it.

Needless to say, I called their line back and say hey...tracking shows they had it, we were here and they forgot to deliver both packages.

delivery in 1 hour Cheesy

Yup. When they know they've screwed and it's too late already they rush it next day first thing in the morning. Who knows, maybe they send Dave a FedEx girl like the UPS one to make it up :-)
Nope.  Its now in Memphis TN.  BOX #1 Why didn't you get off the plane??!!

I got 1 of 2 expedited boxes.  You can guess the way this story goes - all H-boards, no M-boards.

Super annoyed. 

The M's will arrive tomorrow, along with another shipment from the factory.  I also arranged for Saturday delivery of their next shipments.  So we are looking towards tomorrow now.  Could not find anyone at FedEx who could tell me where box #1 is (let the conspiracy theories begin...)

i've had fedex deliver one package and forget to deliver the 2nd one when they have actually had it.

Needless to say, I called their line back and say hey...tracking shows they had it, we were here and they forgot to deliver both packages.

Merit: 1000

Super annoyed. 

Activity: 336

Super annoyed. 

I doubt there will be much complaining. Of course everyone wants everything now, But you guys have been stellar in this endeavor as far as communication, transparency. Just getting something on the west coast in this time frame is almost unbelievable to me. Kudos to you Punin and your team in the great NW.

I can actually feel good about my order.

Regards,

Mark
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
(raises hand)  Oh.  Oh.  Call on me.  I know this one...  

Stuck in customs for two weeks?  Right?  Grin
vip
Activity: 472

Super annoyed. 

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Thanks guys...

I must confess... I remember the hot UPS girl (and the strange lounge chair in the back ground)... but completely spaced on the actual info that preceded it!
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
You forgot the picture that followed that post - of the UPS girl  Shocked 
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Hey Arorts -

I quickly did a search in the thread looking for this information.
When pertaining to the free shipping, I couldn't find any info.

The answer is yes to all those items for expedited (for $200), but I didn't see the answers to those items for the free shipping or how exactly the free shipping would be shipped (i.e. USPS, UPS Ground, etc.)

If you know the answers, please add a link to the post with the info.

Here ya go!

Hi guys - expedited shipping is up on the site.  I decided to offer one option only - for $199 we will ship any order of any size overnight (or international expedited).  Please no credit cards for August orders - this must be paid in advance.  If you want to use your credit card for October orders, please wait until I get the CC processing in place.

Here's the particulars:

This flat fee will upgrade your shipping to Priority Express overnight if you are in the US, or Global Express if you are International.

We estimate this shipping will provide a 1-3 business day shipping time.

***All packages require signature on delivery***  Make sure you track your package and make arrangements to sign for it!

We will make every effort to combine your orders if quantities allow. 

Please order (1) Expedited Delivery per order you want to expedite.

Dave, here are some shipping questions for August delivery products:

1. What is standard (included) shipping method and expected lead time?
2. Where is shipping originating from (USA or international)?
3. Will both standard and expedited methods be "trackable"?
4. If we have multiple orders (that you intend to combine), would that be 1 expedited fee total?
5. Can you make sure the Fedex girl is gorgeous? It will help make the delivery experience be just that much more enjoyable... Wink

Thanks,

Rusty

1. USPS standard - probably 5 days for US domestic shipping.
2. Shipping will originate from US
3. Definitely tracking numbers and signature delivery is required on all packages
4. *If* I can combine orders it will be a single fee.  I don't know how well I can track this.  If you have multiple orders that are spaced apart by a few days, chances are less.
5. I googled "hot fedex girl" and I'm sorry to say, they must not exist.
Hey Arorts -

The answer is yes to all those items for expedited (for $200), but I didn't see the answers to those items for the free shipping or how exactly the free shipping would be shipped (i.e. USPS, UPS Ground, etc.)

There's info on that. There are several links so check posts #1364 and around the next 10 afterwards.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Hey Arorts -

Not to derail the "Avalon sucks... but maybe not as badly as everyone is saying" off topic...

but...

Has there been any info on what exactly is the free shipping?
Seemed like there were some open questions about:
1) Sign for delivery
2) Insurance
3) Tracking info

Maybe there was another that someone asked about international to canada or something.

Any word?

Derailing that topic doesn't hurt at all. Answers to most of all those topics have already been posted before...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Not to derail the "Avalon sucks... but maybe not as badly as everyone is saying" off topic...

but...

Has there been any info on what exactly is the free shipping?
Seemed like there were some open questions about:
1) Sign for delivery
2) Insurance
3) Tracking info

Maybe there was another that someone asked about international to canada or something.

Any word?
Jump to: