Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 174. (Read 576775 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD
Hey Dave..!!

Any updates on the packages.? How is the testing coming along.
A few pics would be really appreciated.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Did the CC order stuff ever get cleared up or is that still in limbo? (For the October orders.)

As far as I know, The Credit Card issue is still being worked on.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Did the CC order stuff ever get cleared up or is that still in limbo? (For the October orders.)
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
I hope they didn't drop that box on top of Dave.  Shocked

I heard there was a problem with one of the miners that they were testing, the box said "HAL" on it.  Shocked
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
I hope they didn't drop that box on top of Dave.  Shocked
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
about time for an update from Dave, isn't it? Ideally, he should have all the boards in assembly and testing phase at this point

Yes, but it's just 6:00 AM on the left coast.  Probably isn't even awake yet, especially if they had a long night last night.  We're all anxiously awaiting news - I'm going to wear out my F5 key if he doesn't post something soon...  Smiley

Darn... I thought this was an update, but it was just others saying they thought the unread new posts were updates but were actually others saying they thought ... (queue "inception" intro).

Anyway, Dave has been very communicative about any delays and their contingency plans, so strangely enough... with this particular vendor... no news really is good news.  That being said, I am sure we will hear something tonight even if it is, "well we are going to have to wait until tuesday due to x, y and z" at least we will know about it.  I think Dave is still working like crazy to keep his word of shipping something out before the end of August.

Godspeed Dave/Megabigpower
Activity: 574
about time for an update from Dave, isn't it? Ideally, he should have all the boards in assembly and testing phase at this point

Yes, but it's just 6:00 AM on the left coast.  Probably isn't even awake yet, especially if they had a long night last night.  We're all anxiously awaiting news - I'm going to wear out my F5 key if he doesn't post something soon...  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Mining for the hell of it.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy
That too is true. But nobody like a burnt raspberry pi.  Wink Cheesy
BUT By powering the pi over the GPIO you are bypassing the built-in fuse(protection) of the pi.

Which is mostly there to protect the RPi from a GPIO or USB peripheral trying to draw too much power, or a bad wall-wart.  If the m-board's power regulators fail, you will have much more expensive problems to worry about than just the cost of a replacement RPi...  
BUT By powering the pi over the GPIO you are bypassing the built-in fuse(protection) of the pi.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
   RPI need power by microusb that only way to power up RPi.
This is incorrect.
   why dont you let us know how RPi got power from?

From the m-board.

This is on and mining, note the empty power jack. Power is drawn from the M-board.
This is incorrect.

The rPi I have gets power over microusb.

There are multiple ways to power the RPi:

1.) MicroUSB and your wall-wart,
2.) power via the USB cable, or
3.) power through the GPIO header pins. 

Since the m-board provides power via the GPIO connector, you don't need the first two...
Activity: 420
Here's pinout diagram of the RPi I/O connector. There's a +5V pin that can be used to power the RPi. On the m-board is a 12V->5V regulator that feeds into that pin.

Thank you for information pin 2 and 4 are 5.0V power that RPi can use.
What's the word on CC orders?  I sent an e-mail through the "contact us" page interface.  Is that the way to do it?

No.  You place an order and specify bank-draft.  In the order comments place a note that you want to pay by credit card.
Activity: 408
How are people planning to power their rPI?  is there an easy way to use the ATX PSU or are people going to run off a wall wart?

Lol. Here we go again. This has been answered numerous times. :p
Activity: 251
Here's pinout diagram of the RPi I/O connector. There's a +5V pin that can be used to power the RPi. On the m-board is a 12V->5V regulator that feeds into that pin.
Activity: 314
Merit: 100
This is incorrect.

The rPi I have gets power over microusb.
Jump to: