Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 180. (Read 576775 times)

legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
So, test has begun? 100TH mine shareholders may expect extra divis?
Activity: 408
Merit: 250
Some order stats:

There are only 23 orders to fill to get to Order #50 - this is because OpenCart reserves a lot of order numbers when people add things to their cart, etc.  This pattern continues throughout at about a 2:1 ratio.

There are only 5 full rigs to make in those first 23 orders, the rest are starter kits.

We plan to ship at least something Friday and more on Saturday.  We'll likely lose Monday, but if anyone is open we'll ship everything we have tested.  I expect to have shipped everything by the following weekend if the fab holds to their promises.

Dave

Dave, will you be including tracking numbers immediately upon shipping? I ordered some chips and was sent a notification of shipment, but never got a tracking number (even though the notification said tracking # would follow shortly) and didn't know to stay home to receive the package (not a big deal since I didn't need the chips immediately). Is this a manual process? I'm sure people traveling during the long weekend will need to schedule around delivery.

Expedited shipping should reach the west coast on Saturday if you ship on Friday, right?

thanks!

I think only USPS can do Saturday deliveries, which I'll be totally happy with since they also do signature-required plus insurance. Fedex/UPS only do business-day deliveries AFAIK.
vip
Activity: 472
Some order stats:

There are only 23 orders to fill to get to Order #50 - this is because OpenCart reserves a lot of order numbers when people add things to their cart, etc.  This pattern continues throughout at about a 2:1 ratio.

There are only 5 full rigs to make in those first 23 orders, the rest are starter kits.

We plan to ship at least something Friday and more on Saturday.  We'll likely lose Monday, but if anyone is open we'll ship everything we have tested.  I expect to have shipped everything by the following weekend if the fab holds to their promises.

Dave

Dave, will you be including tracking numbers immediately upon shipping? I ordered some chips and was sent a notification of shipment, but never got a tracking number (even though the notification said tracking # would follow shortly) and didn't know to stay home to receive the package (not a big deal since I didn't need the chips immediately). Is this a manual process? I'm sure people traveling during the long weekend will need to schedule around delivery.

Expedited shipping should reach the west coast on Saturday if you ship on Friday, right?

thanks!
Yvonne has been shipping manually, but we are working to automate it - expecting the email of tracking number to be automated too.  Since these will ship Signature Required, we'll make sure you know when to be home...
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
Some order stats:

Dave

thanks!
vip
Activity: 472
Some order stats:

Dave

Has Dave confirmed that US August Starter kits will get 2 H boards shipped per order like the equivalent EU model to meet the minimum advertised spec?

Yes, he did.

You are buying kits (unless you bought individual h-boards). Therefore, if you paid for a number of 25 Gh/s kits, you'll obviously get an extra h-board for each individual kit to meet the advertised kit specs you paid for.
Similarly, if you purchased a full 400 Gh/s kit, then whatever that whole kit is missing in hashing power would be added ( i.e. perhaps around 3 extra h-boards) to meet the advertised specs of that kit.
Hope that helps.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
whats the lowest order number? I am #13X for a starter kit and an october board

I am itching to have this in my hands ASAP, while profit still exists! Grin
Activity: 420
That's for the version-2 m-boards.  Since Dave is going to be shipping the version-1 boards, the h-boards need to be inserted starting at the beginning with no gaps between them....

Yep. I'll have a version of this instruction for our V1 M-boards.  I have the power adapters in hand, so no worries there.

So far my main points will be:

-use two PCI-e cables (not both plugs on the same PCI-e cable).
-don't hotplug the H-boards
-don't put the H-boards in backwards - the edge connector is universal.  If you plug in the H-board with chips facing away from the rPi end, say goodbye to that board.  I plan to indicate this requirement in a few different ways (labels, etc)
-these M-boards have a single control bus.  Cards need to be loaded in each slot with no gaps (until someone designs a dummy plug anyway)

According to FedEx boards come tomorrow morning, with more Friday.  Fab says all boards ordered will be done and shipped Monday - we'll see about that.

I anticipate going dark on you for a few days while we all focus on assembling, testing and shipping rigs.  I'll pop on with some kind of status & pics as time allows so you know whats going on!

I hope you might be able to ship some orders tomorrow itself given the long weekend :-)
In any case, you are definitely doing an outstanding job, Dave!

Monday is not holiday in The USA?  Dave said going to ship out on Monday.

No.  He didn't say until Monday he said throughout the weekend but since some boards will arrive tomorrow morning I don't see a reason why hold them until Tuesday (Monday's off). Testing shouldn't exceed 24 hours so some lucky orders might get shipped late Thursday or Friday at least.

you are right and for Monday was something else.
That's for the version-2 m-boards.  Since Dave is going to be shipping the version-1 boards, the h-boards need to be inserted starting at the beginning with no gaps between them....

Yep. I'll have a version of this instruction for our V1 M-boards.  I have the power adapters in hand, so no worries there.

-don't put the H-boards in backwards - the edge connector is universal.  If you plug in the H-board with chips facing away from the rPi end, say goodbye to that board.  I plan to indicate this requirement in a few different ways (labels, etc)
-these M-boards have a single control bus.  Cards need to be loaded in each slot with no gaps (until someone designs a dummy plug anyway)

According to FedEx boards come tomorrow morning, with more Friday.  Fab says all boards ordered will be done and shipped Monday - we'll see about that.

I anticipate going dark on you for a few days while we all focus on assembling, testing and shipping rigs.  I'll pop on with some kind of status & pics as time allows so you know whats going on!

I hope you might be able to ship some orders tomorrow itself given the long weekend :-)

No.  He didn't say until Monday he said throughout the weekend but since some boards will arrive tomorrow morning I don't see a reason why hold them until Tuesday (Monday's off). Testing shouldn't exceed 24 hours so some lucky orders might get shipped late Thursday or Friday at least.
ssi
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Got my chips today, thanks Dave! 
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
That's for the version-2 m-boards.  Since Dave is going to be shipping the version-1 boards, the h-boards need to be inserted starting at the beginning with no gaps between them....

Yep. I'll have a version of this instruction for our V1 M-boards.  I have the power adapters in hand, so no worries there.

-don't put the H-boards in backwards - the edge connector is universal.  If you plug in the H-board with chips facing away from the rPi end, say goodbye to that board.  I plan to indicate this requirement in a few different ways (labels, etc)
-these M-boards have a single control bus.  Cards need to be loaded in each slot with no gaps (until someone designs a dummy plug anyway)

According to FedEx boards come tomorrow morning, with more Friday.  Fab says all boards ordered will be done and shipped Monday - we'll see about that.

I anticipate going dark on you for a few days while we all focus on assembling, testing and shipping rigs.  I'll pop on with some kind of status & pics as time allows so you know whats going on!

Yes, it is a national holiday. USPS is closed but other companies are open.

Monday is not holiday in The USA?  Dave said going to ship out on Monday.

Monday is a national holiday. USPS is closed but private companies are open.
Activity: 420

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
The full starter kit is even stressing the official ratings of the 6 Pin PCI Express power cable, but those seem conservative.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#pciexpress

So I would estimate the cut-off point for using 2 connectors on the same cable would between 4 to 8 H-boards.
Activity: 297
any updates on the credit card situation?
Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Is this also necessary when only powering the starter kit, can't we use the second option then?

I assume the problem is in the 250 W / 12 V > 20 A through the wire for the full kit, while 40 W / 12 V is only ~ 3.33 A...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

Any chance October's orders will go out a week or two early since things are going so smooth?

Doesn't hurt to ask.   Grin

I hope not!

Those like me who bought an august unit paid twice as much and so we deserve a little headstart...  Roll Eyes

spiccioli

You're going to punish me because I missed the August cut-off by 2 orders?  I just bought an October starter and 3 H boards so my tiny 100GH/s isn't going to hurt you by much, lol.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore

Any chance October's orders will go out a week or two early since things are going so smooth?

Doesn't hurt to ask.   Grin

I hope not!

Those like me who bought an august unit paid twice as much and so we deserve a little headstart...  Roll Eyes

spiccioli
Jump to: