Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 182. (Read 576775 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 101
No one ever said your order will be on you door on August 31st.

I am not a native english speaker, so maybe I have some misunderstanding what does "August delivery" mean. Could you please describe why "August shipment maybe if everything goes well" is equal to the "August delivery" I purchased?

Valle,

Sorry if I came across terse. The quote you used makes me sound like an ass  Embarrassed Sorry.
My statement comes from this post:

Dave stated back on Aug 2nd he hoped the first shipments to be out by Aug 31st. That does not mean all of them. But I believe they will be out quick. So far this is the best experience I have had with ASIC vendors.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2854485

Best Regards,

Mark

Sorry for that, Mark. Thanks for the clarification. Could you share why do you think that it will be out quick?

Now I see 100Thash ghash.io what consist (according rumors) of bitfury hardware and that there are "fast delivery" appeared what cost almost 200$, but no August orders have received/(shipped?) yet even with a regular delivery. It looks like the hardware is ready but it is currently in use and they aren't going to send it soon. According to this pessimistic point of view I see no difference between "soon" and "in 2 weeks".
I don't want to "hold them at their throat" but it doesn't look good to me.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

I am not a native english speaker, so maybe I have some misunderstanding what does "August delivery" mean. Could you please describe why "August shipment maybe if everything goes well" is equal to the "August delivery" I purchased?

Valle,

Sorry if I came across terse. The quote you used makes me sound like an ass  Embarrassed Sorry.
My statement comes from this post:

Dave stated back on Aug 2nd he hoped the first shipments to be out by Aug 31st. That does not mean all of them. But I believe they will be out quick. So far this is the best experience I have had with ASIC vendors.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2854485

Best Regards,

Mark
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD

Dude seriously..? You are holding them at their throat for a delay for about 2 - 3 days..?
Are you new to bitcoin ASIC's arena..?
Products of other companies have been overdue for almost a year now.

Or are you unaware that just recently their manufacturer produced 2 layer H-boards as against the designed 4 layer H-Boards.
Still they found it out and got it right and reproduced. Atleast bitfury is starting to ship in Aug.

Be happy for that.!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

In the bitcoin world, your translation is pretty spot on! 
Frankly delivering within a couple of days of the promised date is closer to 3 months early (compared to competitors -- AM doesn't count since their miners are for entertainment purposes only).
Activity: 177
Merit: 101

Activity: 602
Has Dave confirmed that US August Starter kits will get 2 H boards shipped per order like the equivalent EU model to meet the minimum advertised spec?
yes, read his comments from today
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Has Dave confirmed that US August Starter kits will get 2 H boards shipped per order like the equivalent EU model to meet the minimum advertised spec?

It is a bit disheartening to see the bitcoin mining taken over by large ventures.  Not much room in the future for the hobbyist miner to make some coin.
This is worrying to have governments subsidizing or backing the bitcoin ventures.  

However, the spokesperson says that Massive Luck owns and controls all of that power, promising that the Chinese government won’t be able to begin manipulating the market with it.

^ Yeah Right.  That government has a history of taking what they want. Tongue
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

6) Using the ship date from question #2, what would be the estimated (although hard to predict, so just looking for a rough ballpark estimate) time for 100% ROI?

Here's a direct link to the ROI analysis as computed by The Genesis Block... http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/f4a38b80d7

I personally don't think the difficulty increase will continue to be this aggressive after the next few months so ROI might be much better than is shown above.  Once we get into next year, it's going to be very difficult to double and triple the network speed because of the massive amount of ASICs that will be hashing by then.  To double the network speed would mean that for ASIC currently hashing, another will have to be added to the network.  IMO, that is not as likely to happen as The Genesis Block makes it appear.

Of course, it could be worse too.
About to make the plunge into the ASIC market.  Lots of coin to spend.  Been slow to do it, due to all of the scams, preorders, delays, etc.

Without scanning the 75 pages this thread has turned into, can anyone provide a quick answer to the following questions?  (Yes, I'm sure the answer is in this thread somewhere, but it would not only benefit me, but others I'm sure to get these basic questions answered.)

I'm referring to the full 400Gh/s system. 

1) Can bitcoins be used as payment?
2) When will the unit ship, assuming an order date of today? (as closely estimated as possible)
3) Does this unit contain everything I need to immediately start mining?
4) What size PSU do I need to run it?
5) What cooling do I need to run it?
6) Using the ship date from question #2, what would be the estimated (although hard to predict, so just looking for a rough ballpark estimate) time for 100% ROI?

Anything else, that I'm missing would be helpful.

Its spelled out here:
https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

1) yes  See website.
2) Huh Who knows???  By the end of October has been stated.
3) Yes read website
4) Read website.
5) UNK
6) Everyone situation is different.  Do your own math.  This calculator can help.  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

This is a plug n play "kit" - all components are mounted on the boards, no soldering required.  You will plug your H-board into the M-board, connect the preconfigured rPi unit, connect to a PSU and fire it up.  You should be mining in 10 minutes.

Features:

Modular design makes maintenance and upgrading easy
Easy to install into racks
Compatible with ATX PSU
Performance:

400GHash/s
Total power  draw max. 400W (Efficiency at wall depends on your PSU)
What’s included:

1 Master board
16 hashing boards with 16 Bitfury 55nm ASIC chips for total of 256 chips
Raspberry Pi Model B with SD card and software preinstalled
2 x Ring terminal to Molex-Jr adapter cable
Instructions for assembly and setup
Activity: 686
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
About to make the plunge into the ASIC market.  Lots of coin to spend.  Been slow to do it, due to all of the scams, preorders, delays, etc.

Without scanning the 75 pages this thread has turned into, can anyone provide a quick answer to the following questions?  (Yes, I'm sure the answer is in this thread somewhere, but it would not only benefit me, but others I'm sure to get these basic questions answered.)

I'm referring to the full 400Gh/s system. 

1) Can bitcoins be used as payment?
2) When will the unit ship, assuming an order date of today? (as closely estimated as possible)
3) Does this unit contain everything I need to immediately start mining?
4) What size PSU do I need to run it?
5) What cooling do I need to run it?

Anything else, that I'm missing would be helpful.

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Considering the good news, I'm rather surprised to see 160 hashing boards still available for October.  I thought there would be a run on the shop as soon as shipping day was confirmed.  Maybe I should go snap up a few more before it's too late.   Wink

I've bought (and am continuing to buy) a bunch of the October h-boards, but I want to see what the bare chips cost.  In the hands of someone like Burnin, or maybe an s-hash c-scape type overclockable board, you might be able to get more ooomph out of buying chips and third party boards....
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Considering the good news, I'm rather surprised to see 160 hashing boards still available for October.  I thought there would be a run on the shop as soon as shipping day was confirmed.  Maybe I should go snap up a few more before it's too late.   Wink

Calculating it out and assuming that Birfury chips get out in a reasonable timeframe, between the European sales, the 200 TH/s mine with Dave, the private Bitfury pool (already >100 TH/s), and all the North American sales, unless another company brings something dramatic to the table (probably KnC) it's likely that by the beginning of November half the blocks on the network will be hashed with a Bitfury device
Activity: 574
did they ever work out the credit card issues?

No.  I've been buying Bitcoins and paying off my orders with BTC one at a time.  Six October H-board orders paid off in BTC (converted over from credit card) and six left to go.  I've been paying for my new orders in BTC...
Activity: 490
did they ever work out the credit card issues?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Considering the good news, I'm rather surprised to see 160 hashing boards still available for October.  I thought there would be a run on the shop as soon as shipping day was confirmed.  Maybe I should go snap up a few more before it's too late.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
By October, we'll have worked out this issue.  We are playing with different R01F (input) resistors now to see how well that works. 

Cool, sounds good
Activity: 692
ssi
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

One thing we do know for sure - bare chips will be early October.

Best news I've heard all day Smiley

Any idea when you'll have the new pricing?
Jump to: