Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 198. (Read 576776 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
will the Oct kit still be profitable?

Based on the http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

It shows that the Oct kit assuming you start mining in the beginning of Nov.

You will make 2060 dollars net profit by Sept 2014.

Will there be a reduced pricing anytime soon ROI now takes over 3 months for Oct shipments.

That is still 25% 1st Year ROI after initial investment recapture

How did you get a profit?

Oct kit:
--------
Rate: 25 GH/s
Power usage: 75W (maybe wrong)
Price: $1400 ($1300+$100 shipping)
Mining starts: Nov, 2013

All other values left as defaults.

I get a loss of $852 by June, 2014, after that the board will mine at loss.

August kit looks a bit better.

It all sounded like a good deal when we ordered.  I'm glad I only ordered two of the August kits.

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

Will there be a reduced pricing anytime soon ROI now takes over 3 months for Oct shipments.

That is still 25% 1st Year ROI after initial investment recapture
Activity: 576
Merit: 500

Bitcoin is not a get rich fast scheme. Sure the very early adopters to ASICs will make a lot of money bitcoins, but we are getting past that stage now of getting your unit and getting ROI of 15 days or so. The Bitfury's IMO are priced just right (if not better then I expected).

Here is a convo I had on IRC last night:
Code:
 but at these diffchanges roi seems just impossible
i dont really think it seems impossible
diff change will not always go up 35+%. it will level off eventually
<@MobiusL> up front is where the bulk of the investment recapture will take place, after that it's really a residual income until break even
yeah. back with my 4 fpgas i used to make about $20-$30 a day. i expect difficulty go to up to the point where i am only making that with asics before it levels off
its got a long ways to go up still
500 mil difficulty to put my 4 fpgas = 4 asics in amount earned per day
<@MobiusL> yep
at 500 mil difficulty, full bitfury would make around $40 a day or 200 days to break even at $8k
assuming price stays the same
which still isnt bad in my mind. im in this for the long run
(plus you will make more the first few months since difficulty wont be 500 mil)

Back when I was debating buying FPGAs, I was figuring my ROI to be about 160 days, which was very good IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

Activity: 539
I think this has somthing to do with tytus.

Found it... Dr. Leszek Rychlewski and Maciej Kaźmierczyk of the 100TH mine.  Makes sense.
Activity: 882
Merit: 547
BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more
I think this has somthing to do with tytus.
Activity: 539

Dave - the chip seems to be slightly different than what we've seen on the previous photos. Is it just the marking that's different? How about the chip dimensions, pins, pad locations/size, etc mechanical parameters - are they the same?

Chip seems to be marked bioinfobank with that "bitfury" lotus like symbol from the chip pics a month ago.

Coincidence?  http://bioinfo.pl/
vs3
Activity: 622
Here's a closeup of the factory board.  On the back there's actually a 4 also, so one would think that a 2 & 3 are implied.

https://megabigpower.com/images/bad2layerH.JPG

Dave - the chip seems to be slightly different than what we've seen on the previous photos. Is it just the marking that's different? How about the chip dimensions, pins, pad locations/size, etc mechanical parameters - are they the same?

Also - I posted a page or two ago and I guess you may have missed it - how about chips availability via the web site? Do you have any guesstimate when would that be back as an option in the store?

I'm looking to buy some bare chips for my test project and I'm looking to have a better idea or some reasonable expectations on when could I have more chips in my hands.

edit: I was referring to this announcement:
A few new things:
-I pulled down the bulk and 10pc chip sales in advance of a new tiered pricing structure. 
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Any update on the CC merchant account?

For those wishing to purchase hardware with CC now, is the procedure still to place an order as 'bank transfer' and just state in the notes that 'CC payment is requested'? And what happens next?
My guess (and I have about 6 payments outstanding at the moment)...  Once he has a new payment processor, he (or Kat) will email instructions....
That's my guess as well, but I'd like BuzzDave to update us on the official word so we can avoid guessing.

I continue to talk to credit card processors and continue to be denied due to high risk.  Tomorrow I have a meeting with a company that attended Bitcoin NYC and specifically addressed providing services to high risk businesses like ours.  Hope to have good news.

Meantime: if you want to get your payment done, you can still:

-process a wire transfer
-make a Dwolla account and have us send a Dwolla payment request
-buy Bitcoin and have us invoice you from BitPay

Sorry for the delay, but I'm trying...
vip
Here's a closeup of the factory board.  On the back there's actually a 4 also, so one would think that a 2 & 3 are implied.

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Actually may make sense. I think board v1.0 was 2 layer board and possibly Les used the same PCB manufacturer and they still assumed 2 layer board.

If you take a look carefully on top right corner of v1.0 board, it shows 1 and 2 layers.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Dave and the entire BF crew - I too want to thank you all for the open and frank talk about this project's status.  I really feel great knowing that I'm a bit player (ever so small) of this wonderful experiment - and am having a great time of it all. 
Activity: 294
so what;s the update on payment plans?

if i were to pay via bitcoins. what is the pegged rate? having problems paying via bitcoins (some error msg about not being able to connect to provider)
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Any update on the CC merchant account?

For those wishing to purchase hardware with CC now, is the procedure still to place an order as 'bank transfer' and just state in the notes that 'CC payment is requested'? And what happens next?
My guess (and I have about 6 payments outstanding at the moment)...  Once he has a new payment processor, he (or Kat) will email instructions....
That's my guess as well, but I'd like BuzzDave to update us on the official word so we can avoid guessing.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

Layers two & three have about 120 routes on them.  Believe me I thought about soldering some interconnect wires.  However, the factory can depop these for very little cost, so we will send them back.  If something changes, I will let you all know.  

Ah. Good to hear the chips aren't going to waste  Grin
+1
Activity: 631

Layers two & three have about 120 routes on them.  Believe me I thought about soldering some interconnect wires.  However, the factory can depop these for very little cost, so we will send them back.  If something changes, I will let you all know.  

Ah. Good to hear the chips aren't going to waste  Grin
vip
Do the broken boards have ASIC chips soldered on them?

Most likely not. They were just produced wrong before assembly.

They do - we were going full speed ahead with production.  Luckily it was caught before too many of these Factory Fakaps were made.  The fab is making it right - they are massively expediting PCBs and assembly at their cost, but yes we will be paying for new PCBs.  The fab wanted to take time to send us verification boards first, and we said no - run 'em at our risk.

Saddest thing is the boards look great - just like the real thing :/

Maybe we can harvest the ASIC chips. or manually solder wires for SPI comm. How much would these boards sell for? Or if you guys have no use for these boards, can you please send us a  few to some of us for free with our order?

Layers two & three have about 120 routes on them.  Believe me I thought about soldering some interconnect wires.  However, the factory can depop these for very little cost, so we will send them back.  If something changes, I will let you all know. 
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Thanks for the update Dave, even though it is a slight delay update, it still made me feel better.

Believe me... a 3 day delay is much better than the 1 year delay going on at BFL and the months of delays that Avalon has had. If you guys get your product out on time or even a few days late, you will be tremendously more successful than BFL/Avalon. I'd venture to say you will have many more customers for later shipments as well.  Grin

Good luck!
Activity: 631
100th->200th would make these retail miners less valuable - sigh
it'd be nice for a discount or price drop based on this - we'll see

Very true. He does say a 'cumulative' roll out over 2 months, so let's hope the bulk is towards the end of the 2 month window.

We will get retail boards out before the 100TH -> 200TH begins to build up.  It will happen fast though, once the retail kits are out the door.  It was bound to happen anyway, somewhere on the network...

I'm still planning on producing rev 2 M-boards domestically, similar to what Niko is doing, so it shouldn't change your plans with respect to powering the boards.

This is an interesting statement. It seems to imply that there is/was a stash of 100TH that is/was available before October. Could this be a private stash? I know the initial order was large, but the expected hash rate per chip is also much lower than expected....it must have been a pretty big initial batch to service 200TH, plus metabank, plus August (EU/US) orders.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501

The fab wanted to take time to send us verification boards first, and we said no - run 'em at our risk.

Ouch again...  Maybe a round trip ticket to China and back to check them ends up being cheaper next time?
Jump to: