Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 206. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hmm.., so Dave is on a new venture?

www.davessemiworkingboards.com should still be available. Smiley

(if he hurries)

Smiley lol

$500 for a pack of 3 naughty boards? (because everything naughty happens in 3's)

I'd hit pay that
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I think the moral of the story regarding bad boards is - you are probably able sell boards - H-boards - as fast as you can make them and as many of them as you can make.   Even just 10 Gh/s boards....
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
Hmmmm... thinking about this. The chips seem amazing!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If you are looking for PSU to power up the Full Kit, you should consider using Server PSU's. They are dirt cheap and rock solid :-)

Here is good guide how to use them as an 12V power source: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292514

It is the path I will take for my 400GH kits.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
So Dave... This response to bad boards was what I meant when I joked about there being a market for the boards if they only "added" rather than hashed.  Though obviously they would have to hash a little for most people to really want them.  Zero hashing boards I think would need a STEEP discount (and an EE degree Grin).
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
Hmm.., so Dave is on a new venture?

www.davessemiworkingboards.com should still be available. Smiley

(if he hurries)

Smiley lol
Activity: 408
Merit: 250
We all want faulty boards so to save the length of this thread it might be easier if only those who don't want faulty boards say so. :-)
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Please count me in for some of the Bad Boards.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Silently following, just want to throw down that I too would be interested in partially faulty boards.
Activity: 364
Hmm, of course I'd need an M-board to host it or it'll sit until the October shipment.

Any "naughty" M-boards not up to spec in that batch that just need a little TLC like capacitor swaps or something minor? Had to ask while we're on the subject.   > I'll be more than happy to take that naughty board & give it a good e-spank. Grin
Activity: 364
Hi Dave,

Please put me down for a couple of "bad boards" too!

If they even partially hash they're still better than nothing. I used to be a Sr. E-tech & I have access to a full lab that we could hook it up to an o-scope & other fun tools.
Activity: 631

There's something different about those chips...a clue perhaps to a question I asked on the OP [EDIT] Err. second post?

is it a tree instead of a flower? money tree!  Tongue
Activity: 420

There's something different about those chips...a clue perhaps to a question I asked on the OP [EDIT] Err. second post?

Asic chip same inside but only package not same.
vip
Activity: 472

Activity: 631
I'd be down for some rejected boards too. Cheesy

Heck... if the boards just do "adds" rather than hashes, I think folks here would be salivating to put them in their starter kits.

Not sure I follow you j

Would be some expensive placeholders.

I'm wondering if someone will want to design dummy plugs for the slots, so they can space their boards out more.  Makes sense to me...

[EDIT] New M-board provides 4 banks of 4 slots.  To fill the first four cards, you would place A1, B1, C1 and D1, which are spaced apart, so my comment above might apply more to v1 M's.

I wonder if a fan-spacer card would be good.  It would pass SPI and use power for fan(s).  This would be great for someone with room to alternate cards...

I was just thinking about this today. These would be nice to have (if cheap).
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Activity: 988

Heck... if the boards just do "adds" rather than hashes, I think folks here would be salivating to put them in their starter kits.

Not sure I follow you j

I'm wondering if someone will want to design dummy plugs for the slots, so they can space their boards out more.  Makes sense to me...

[EDIT] New M-board provides 4 banks of 4 slots.  To fill the first four cards, you would place A1, B1, C1 and D1, which are spaced apart, so my comment above might apply more to v1 M's.

I wonder if a fan-spacer card would be good.  It would pass SPI and use power for fan(s).  This would be great for someone with room to alternate cards...

+1

a spacer plug would be quite useful
legendary
Activity: 910

I wouldn't want to use a slot for non hashing equipment if I was full up. I think there will probably be lots of cases available for these units. At 8k for 400 GH/s they are going to destroy BFL. I am looking forward to the December batch (or whenever) when I am ready to go full tilt for a couple of TH.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Sounds like another great product idea.

Personally, I like that the base design is fanless/silent.  
I plan on using 1 big external fan to cool the whole thing. That being said, I think just a spacer plug to just pass spi would be popular in and of itself.

For me the silent operation is golden... giant plus for wife acceptance factor!
vip
Activity: 472

Not sure I follow you j

[EDIT] New M-board provides 4 banks of 4 slots.  To fill the first four cards, you would place A1, B1, C1 and D1, which are spaced apart, so my comment above might apply more to v1 M's.

I wonder if a fan-spacer card would be good.  It would pass SPI and use power for fan(s).  This would be great for someone with room to alternate cards...
Jump to: