Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 205. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 547
BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more
Gosh, why did we work so hard to get them fully working?  We could have been selling non-functional boards ages ago!

That would still beat the competition in terms of delivery....

I'd buy halffast boards today over full-fast boards next month Smiley

The proto rig is rock-solid after 24 hours of running at the new chip.conf.  

These asics are curious critters - if you have a bad chip on a board, software will disable the chip in config.  This causes adjacent chips to see a little more power and therefore get a slight overclock.  For example most chips are producing around 1.5 - 1.6 GH/s actual nonces.  But some chips are at 2.1 GH/s.  In this way, even with some duds the full rig is producing 410 - 415GH/s actual accepted shares.  Even Slush stats have caught up and show average hashrate over 400G at the pool.

I think this is unique - it seems most mining hardware is rated at a certain hashpower, but true output is typically less than promised.

Any info on the chip temperatures on this prototype?
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Same problem.  Sad  I will keep clicking it I guess

edit: Got through after about 30 clicks.  Now I have 15 minutes, which isn't enough time to get to my offsite wallet.  Sigh.  I'll have to do this in a bit.

If BitPay gives you trouble, run the order as Bank Transfer, indicate a note Pay in BTC and Kat will send you a BitPay invoice - that will give you plenty of time to access your wallet...

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I've seen this issue with BitPay before - I'll ask them if they are aware of it.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

edit: Got through after about 30 clicks.  Now I have 15 minutes, which isn't enough time to get to my offsite wallet.  Sigh.  I'll have to do this in a bit.

Should be worth the effort Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Try again - it was giving me the same error - just got back from lunch and it went through (5 min ago).

I'm trying to pay with BTC and it's giving me an error connecting to the payment provider.
Activity: 420
I'm trying to pay with BTC and it's giving me an error connecting to the payment provider.
  Some people said work ok and not work for some people.   Can you re-try?  what is exchange rate for btc on bitpay?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I would still almost sell my first born to OC these boards.  Cooling is not an issue for me.  Smiley
Activity: 364
Gosh, why did we work so hard to get them fully working?  We could have been selling non-functional boards ages ago!

These asics are curious critters - if you have a bad chip on a board, software will disable the chip in config.  This causes adjacent chips to see a little more power and therefore get a slight overclock.  For example most chips are producing around 1.5 - 1.6 GH/s actual nonces.  But some chips are at 2.1 GH/s.  In this way, even with some duds the full rig is producing 410 - 415GH/s actual accepted shares.  Even Slush stats have caught up and show average hashrate over 400G at the pool.

I think this is unique - it seems most mining hardware is rated at a certain hashpower, but true output is typically less than promised.

That's all well & good that there seems to be an overclocking effect that compensates for dead or underperforming chips. The danger comes from long term overclocking of the other chips and the excesss heat/voltage generated from the overclock leading to prematurely failing ASICs and other components.

As a lot of us IT system builders & designers know when overclocking: heat is the enemy.

At the lab I used to work for, we had a saying about blown or burnt electronics: "When the magic smoke comes out of the box, it'll no longer work."
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
He's just under-spec'ed the boards is all  - Dave should be selling them as 30 Gh/s +/- 16%  Grin

grrrr...you woke some anger i've suppressed for that incompetent company that still hasn't delivered a year after ordering from them. negative roi ftl. i really hope the images on bitfurystrikesback.com ring true and bfl gets mauled by all the new comers.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
He's just under-spec'ed the boards is all  - Dave should be selling them as 30 Gh/s +/- 16%  Grin
Activity: 490
Quality - Meeting, and/or sometimes exceeding, the customer's expectations.  Cheesy
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Better than advertised always sounds good to me.   Grin
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
Another first
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

Aha, so desolder a chip per board sell it for profit.., and still have your full hashing power. Smiley Got it. hehehe
vip

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
The key is the discount..  No one would pay full price for the broken boards, but if you were going to junk them... Well, for a reasonable average GH/$, they would find happy homes. 
Activity: 574

Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
Gosh, why did we work so hard to get them fully working?  We could have been selling non-functional boards ages ago!

Hey, I was only requesting halfassfunctional boards Smiley
vip
Gosh, why did we work so hard to get them fully working?  We could have been selling non-functional boards ages ago!
Jump to: