Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 207. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
I'd be down for some rejected boards too. Cheesy

Heck... if the boards just do "adds" rather than hashes, I think folks here would be salivating to put them in their starter kits.

Not sure I follow you j

Would be some expensive placeholders.

Well... yes... expensive if they were totally non-functional... but I was trying to say, apparently not very clearly, that people are so interested in hashrate that boards that barely worked would still have a market for folks here. 

If the average broken board produced 12 GH... some might produce 17 and some might produce 5... but if they were priced at the average, I think they would sell well.  Maybe you would get a lucky one  Smiley  If upto 30% of boards are not upto spec, this could be a nice way of making lemon-ade with some lemons.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hah!  I was just talking to Niko about selling reworkable boards to "advanced hobbyists" out there.  We'll see what makes sense...

Also interested. Just got set up with some SMT rework gear and would very much like more reasons to use it Wink
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Heck... if the boards just do "adds" rather than hashes, I think folks here would be salivating to put them in their starter kits.

Not sure I follow you j

I'm wondering if someone will want to design dummy plugs for the slots, so they can space their boards out more.  Makes sense to me...

[EDIT] New M-board provides 4 banks of 4 slots.  To fill the first four cards, you would place A1, B1, C1 and D1, which are spaced apart, so my comment above might apply more to v1 M's.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

Not sure I follow you j

Not sure I follow you j

I think he means it doesn't matter if the boards work, people would to put them in their starter kit just as placeholders, as long as they LOOKED like they worked....

affirmative.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Not sure I follow you j

I think he means it doesn't matter if the boards work, people would get them to put them in their starter kit - just as placeholders, as long as they LOOKED like they worked as they were sitting there.......

EDIT:  I'd guess you could probably sell mostly blank boards with nothing but a couple of blinky LEDs on them if they were the right size to fit...
vip

Not sure I follow you j

Activity: 120
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

Christmas?  Say it ain't so!

Haha - was waiting to see how long it would take for this Tongue

BitFury says Christmas in August now!

August? Website says "October delivery". I haven't read any bet the first and last pages of this thread so if you've already addressed this I apologise.

There is an August batch and an October batch. Obviously august is sold out by now(infact very quickly), so you can only order from the October batch now

Ah, got it. Cheers for that, Stack.
Activity: 238

August? Website says "October delivery". I haven't read any bet the first and last pages of this thread so if you've already addressed this I apologise.

There is an August batch and an October batch. Obviously august is sold out by now(infact very quickly), so you can only order from the October batch now
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

vip

Activity: 158
That reminds me - please everybody consider getting an anti-static wrist strap (and use it).  Intron could comment on the ESD characteristics of the design, but we are working with open circuit boards here and I don't want you zapping your miners on Christmas morning!

Christmas?  Say it ain't so!

J/K. . . couldn't resist.

Put me down for ANY extra hash you have.  I've got another starter kit to populate.  Smiley
vip
That reminds me - please everybody consider getting an anti-static wrist strap (and use it).  Intron could comment on the ESD characteristics of the design, but we are working with open circuit boards here and I don't want you zapping your miners on Christmas morning!

I think that "advanced hobbyist" means, "here's a copy of the schematic and a dead board, have at it, and good luck."

In that case I will chop the board up and make necklaces for a BTC.  Smiley  LOL
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I think that "advanced hobbyist" means, "here's a copy of the schematic and a dead board, have at it, and good luck."

Count .. me.. in..

Keep in mind tho. I am a noob but I do have BS in IT. I don't have any soldering experience. Is there a friendly instruction? Just wondering.

I dunno, but I am hoping that the board will still hash, just at lower rate.
Beyond that I am in the same n00b camp as you. Lol
Activity: 331

Count .. me.. in..

Keep in mind tho. I am a noob but I do have BS in IT. I don't have any soldering experience. Is there a friendly instruction? Just wondering.
Activity: 631
I'd buy 'bad' boards too :-)

Hah!  I was just talking to Niko about selling reworkable boards to "advanced hobbyists" out there.  We'll see what makes sense...

count me in!
Jump to: