Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 214. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
the 400ghash unit for Oct is that by the end of Oct?

yes, most likely at end of Oct. and for Aug. also end of Aug.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
the 400ghash unit for Oct is that by the end of Oct?

Activity: 285

What's the warranty on this? I didn't see any details on the site, and I tried reading through 9 pages of discussion to find something
I'll be posting our T&C on the site soon - basically refund policy is 100% refund, warranty is 60 days manufacturer defect, replacement.  BTC refunds are done based on USD value NOT BTC-BTC.  I don't support transferring orders.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks for the response. Smiley  So what happens if it dies after 60 days?  Am I stuck with an oversized paper weight?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
I don't think anyone has asked this yet. the starter kit comes with a raspbery Pi, are you just running regular software on that, like cgminer? or, is it running something proprietary? Can the MBs be connected to a regular PC via usb?

The rPi is it's own self contained computer, should be able to plug it into an ethernet port and ride the hashtrain
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
What's the warranty on this? I didn't see any details on the site, and I tried reading through 9 pages of discussion to find something
I'll be posting our T&C on the site soon - basically refund policy is 100% refund, warranty is 60 days manufacturer defect, replacement.  BTC refunds are done based on USD value NOT BTC-BTC.  I don't support transferring orders.

Cheers,
Dave

Hope this all works out awesome for you dude...after the Basic debacle you went and stayed classy

You deserve a WIN Cheesy
vip
Activity: 472

Cheers,
Dave
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
When in doubt, the search box in the corner is your friend.  If in a thread, it will search the thread.  If in a forum, I believe it will search all the threads in the forum.

Here is what I found:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg2765072;topicseen#msg2765072
Activity: 285
Activity: 322
Supersonic
I don't think anyone has asked this yet. the starter kit comes with a raspbery Pi, are you just running regular software on that, like cgminer? or, is it running something proprietary? Can the MBs be connected to a regular PC via usb?

Nothing proprietary just cgminer but it uses a SPI interface. You would probably need some kind of SPI controler for PC....
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
There is not USB.  Connecting to RPi and using GPIO connector for SPIO protocol.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
So how are the boards going?  Any shipped from the fab?  Received any for the 100TH yet?  Tested any of the production boards?  Any news for us?

A fan power connector or three on the M-board would not be a bad idea....
vip
Before anybody mortgages their house on more boards or cancels their super secret OC board project...you can only tweak clock rate in software by about 3% and it costs you a lot of wattage...

Tongue

any chance of component tweaks between the august/october kits that might improve the situation? you know, lessons learned, etc..

Surely if we find issues with the current design, we'd consider making some changes.  At this point I'm not aware of any intention to add OC features.  With 16 boards in a rig, the rPi is using about 40% of its capacity, so its not overstressed either.  Maybe we will integrate some fan power...
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Before anybody mortgages their house on more boards or cancels their super secret OC board project...you can only tweak clock rate in software by about 3% and it costs you a lot of wattage...

Tongue

any chance of component tweaks between the august/october kits that might improve the situation? you know, lessons learned, etc..
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
I really hope someone constructs a little cheap Bitfury powered ASIC, c'mon let us "less fortunate" people get some proper stuff! Im sick of running my screaming gpus for ~1gh

Intron is designing a two-chip USB miner - he posted on Bitfury's thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitfury-is-looking-for-alpha-testers-of-first-chips-free-money-here-228677

Surely someone will make these when the design is done...
Thankyou so verymuch!
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
I really hope someone constructs a little cheap Bitfury powered ASIC, c'mon let us "less fortunate" people get some proper stuff! Im sick of running my screaming gpus for ~1gh

Intron is designing a two-chip USB miner - he posted on Bitfury's thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitfury-is-looking-for-alpha-testers-of-first-chips-free-money-here-228677

direct msg link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2859481
"bi•fury now, a dual bitfury USB device."
"Very early stage though, no idea yet if we will
get it hashing:)

intron"

QG
vip

vip
Wha?!  I let something slip?!

I see what you did there ....  Wink

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Wha?!  I let something slip?!

I see what you did there ....  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Jump to: