Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 211. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So as for the credit card situation. I had placed a wire transfer order noting CC payment and have been awaiting an e-mail or something.
Do I continue to wait to be contacted, or do I now cancel it and just put through a new order with CC on the website?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Do you still accept credit cards for new orders?

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Activity: 882
Merit: 547
BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more
A few new things:

-I pulled down the bulk and 10pc chip sales in advance of a new tiered pricing structure. 
-I also disabled August product, so those won't show up anymore.

There's a new M-board design for retail boards!  It has two Molex connectors for power (still retains original Keystone terminals too), 3 Minifit-Jr fan connectors and has been reorganized a bit.  It provides 4 SPI channels rather than one long one.  This design is not tested yet, though prototypes are coming this week.

Niko will have pictures when they come in.  *If* they test well and I can ship these for August without incurring a delay, this is what you will get.  Otherwise, you will get the first version M-board, which has a Keystone Terminal http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/8197/8197K-ND/316833 for power. 

I'll get you clarification on this asap, so you can prepare your PSU setup...

Hey dave,

Does the mboard mounting hole alignment stay the same?
Activity: 532
Merit: 104
Guys, let me describe how my sales are structured and maybe it will clear things up.  First - I have three sales channels, not all of which are run through the online store:

Retail: online eCommerce - megabigpower.com, affiliates and partner sites (pool ops for example)
Wholesale: private mines, large hosted placements, investor/customers & various flavors of mining bond/share based mining
OEM: bulk chip sales for manufacture

The Retail channel was opened up first to give the best opportunity to the community.  The starter kits were also discounted for this reason.  The Wholesale channel was opened up for October delivery and has a minimum $250k commitment with a demonstrated potential for larger purchases and re-buys.  OEM is chips by the reel or participatory investment in chip orders, i.e. Metabank.

Lab_Rat controls a potential hardware buy of up to $1m with rebuys.  These guys don't operate through a website to make these kinds of purchases.  Usually there's negotiation, pro-forma sales terms, proof (usually in person), deposits, delivery, final payment. 

Lab_Rat isn't even in the Retail queue - he's in the Wholesale side, though he mis-characterized that in his comments.  I have a completely different Test & Ship Team for Retail & Wholesale channels.  For now, bulk chips are sold as drop ship from Europe, but that may change too.

Understand that if you are in this half of the world and you want to buy BitFury, you have to buy it from me at the moment.  There is a lot of money coming into Bitcoin mining and each type of customer requires a different structure.
I would also like to state to all those who have sour grapes:  This kind of structuring is very very common in the 'real world'.  Take a look at WalMart as a good example.

Terrible example. All the product available at Walmart are sold off the shelf.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Anybody that tried using Square for credit card processing got auto-refunded.  Since there are fees and possibly exchange rate losses associated with this, I will credit your order with compensation for this.  We have all the transactions on the Square side, so no need to contact me.  I'll have Kat start working on this.

Thanks Square!

Dave

Not all of us got refunded... if the transaction went through ok is that going to change or is it a done deal at this point?
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Anybody that tried using Square for credit card processing got auto-refunded.  Since there are fees and possibly exchange rate losses associated with this, I will credit your order with compensation for this.  We have all the transactions on the Square side, so no need to contact me.  I'll have Kat start working on this.

Thanks Square!

Dave
vip
A few new things:

-I pulled down the bulk and 10pc chip sales in advance of a new tiered pricing structure. 
-I also disabled August product, so those won't show up anymore.

There's a new M-board design for retail boards!  It has two Molex connectors for power (still retains original Keystone terminals too), 3 Minifit-Jr fan connectors and has been reorganized a bit.  It provides 4 SPI channels rather than one long one.  This design is not tested yet, though prototypes are coming this week.

Niko will have pictures when they come in.  *If* they test well and I can ship these for August without incurring a delay, this is what you will get.  Otherwise, you will get the first version M-board, which has a Keystone Terminal http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/8197/8197K-ND/316833 for power. 

I'll get you clarification on this asap, so you can prepare your PSU setup...
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
The 1% is taking over the mining game and allowing the fiat governments to feed off of bitcoin. Don't support these guys.

Go back to your tin foil house.
Activity: 606
Merit: 273
The 1% is taking over the mining game and allowing the fiat governments to feed off of bitcoin. Don't support these guys.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
very nicely put! thanks for the update!

Guys, let me describe how my sales are structured and maybe it will clear things up.  First - I have three sales channels, not all of which are run through the online store:

Retail: online eCommerce - megabigpower.com, affiliates and partner sites (pool ops for example)
Wholesale: private mines, large hosted placements, investor/customers & various flavors of mining bond/share based mining

The Retail channel was opened up first to give the best opportunity to the community.  The starter kits were also discounted for this reason.  The Wholesale channel was opened up for October delivery and has a minimum $250k commitment with a demonstrated potential for larger purchases and re-buys.  OEM is chips by the reel or participatory investment in chip orders, i.e. Metabank.

Lab_Rat controls a potential hardware buy of up to $1m with rebuys.  These guys don't operate through a website to make these kinds of purchases.  Usually there's negotiation, pro-forma sales terms, proof (usually in person), deposits, delivery, final payment. 

Lab_Rat isn't even in the Retail queue - he's in the Wholesale side, though he mis-characterized that in his comments.  I have a completely different Test & Ship Team for Retail & Wholesale channels.  For now, bulk chips are sold as drop ship from Europe, but that may change too.

Understand that if you are in this half of the world and you want to buy BitFury, you have to buy it from me at the moment.  There is a lot of money coming into Bitcoin mining and each type of customer requires a different structure.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
Dave has avoided pitchforks once again. lol Smiley j.k.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Makes sense Dave, thanks for claifying !
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks

I would also like to state to all those who have sour grapes:  This kind of structuring is very very common in the 'real world'.  Take a look at WalMart as a good example.
vip

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
07/19/2013
Big News About BitFury Coming Soon!
As a feature of security, BitFury has agreed to "lock-in" my place in line without delivering funds until a working prototype is presented. This is to ensure that no funds are allocated irresponsibly.

I assume now that tytus has presented a 400 GH hand assembled prototype model running, it is pay up or ... It sounds like the deal may have been with bitfury and not dave.
Activity: 692
If anyone had been there... They'd know that was taken out of context.  I was referring to the Oct delivery date and I'm not "cutting in line."  I just have my spot reserved from the time I contacted Dave.

Hi Labrat. Can you please tell us on what date you struck the deal with Dave ? As all readers of this thread are aware. Paying with credit card is not easy/possible at the moment and I would like to know where my order stands in the queue.

Thanks

Addendum: found it on your blog
07/19/2013
Big News About BitFury Coming Soon!
As a feature of security, BitFury has agreed to "lock-in" my place in line without delivering funds until a working prototype is presented. This is to ensure that no funds are allocated irresponsibly.
Activity: 336
Dave,

Can all your previous paid in full customers form a co-op or group buy and you host it for us? We will order now and pay you later. You know like your deal with LabRat. I dont know how much we want yet because we haven't even talked amongst ourselves yet. I know I am being an ass here but this dont look right Milo...

Let's let Dave respond (if he wishes) before stringing him up in the town square.

See, I was right about being quoted, LOL. I agree with you Swimmer63.
Activity: 336
Dave,

Can all your previous paid in full customers form a co-op or group buy and you host it for us? We will order now and pay you later. You know like your deal with LabRat. I dont know how much we want yet because we haven't even talked amongst ourselves yet. I know I am being an ass here but this dont look right Milo...

You know I must apologize for this. To some extent Dave did post in this thread trying to see if there was any interest in us buying equipment from him at a lower rate and letting the gear partially pay for itself while he hosted it. I would just delete the post but fear someone may be quoting it now and then I will be accused of trying to hide something. So, nope. Not hiding. Just the post and me saying I'm sorry to Dave cause I posted like an ass. And you know, I actually like Dave!
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Dave,

Let's let Dave respond (if he wishes) before stringing him up in the town square.
Jump to: