Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 5. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
When is bitfury (particularly MBP) going to start selling to customers again?

I find it disgusting that my September starter kit STILL is not filled entirely because the prices have been 2-4x more then reasonable for the last 3 months or more.

Its a great machine and I would be happy to replace every single antminer with them if they were just priced properly and/or chips were sold at a reasonable price ($15 for a 2.5GH chip?Huh??)

We are waiting for next-gen machines to come down the line soon.

You mean Rev.2 bitfury chips or other?

other.. namely v.3 Smiley

Right now all we have internally are the 1.5TB machines like this:

These still use the current chip, but take 3 PSUs to power.

So how much W/GH?
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
How soon we talking about?

You all will be the first to know! I also post releases on Facebook and Twitter, so if you use social networking - we're there.

https://www.facebook.com/megabigpower
https://twitter.com/_MegaBigPower
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
How soon we talking about?

I find it disgusting that my September starter kit STILL is not filled entirely because the prices have been 2-4x more then reasonable for the last 3 months or more.

Its a great machine and I would be happy to replace every single antminer with them if they were just priced properly and/or chips were sold at a reasonable price ($15 for a 2.5GH chip?Huh??)

other.. namely v.3 Smiley

Right now all we have internally are the 1.5TB machines like this:

These still use the current chip, but take 3 PSUs to power.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

Activity: 631
Let's be real...bitfury was not community funded. They had private investors...true they had preorders but that was after the fact. Fwiw, I have not recouped hundreds of btc on my early preorder but that's the risk I took. I gambled that they would deliver early (which Europe did) but the factory f-up screwed us big time.
Activity: 504
Agreed,  or um greed.... the community funded this company with preorders,  we helped them make so much money and funded their personal farm.   We are no longer needed for them to remain profitable,  they can mine themselves,  and fund future chips from the current farm and keep all the profits.....
legendary
Activity: 910

I don't think they will. Dave is busy with the massive farm. If he does offer any for sale, they will still be overpriced.

I would look elsewhere. Retail sales is not the path this group has taken.
Activity: 816
I wonder if they will make the transition to gen2 gear and sell off the current farm?  I Imagine the savings on electricity costs would be considerable with that amount of hardware.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I don't think they will. Dave is busy with the massive farm. If he does offer any for sale, they will still be overpriced.

It almost makes me sick that my preorders basically funded his own farm, rather than an ongoing business relationship.  The only saving grace is that my unit is in the green already
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I wonder how he maintains that farm. Knowing bitfury rigs to be flaky I wonder if he's got some guy whose sole job is to toy around with the best.cnf file or to reboot and/or start/stop miners like a madman.

It was odd to see all of the miners laying on their sides. Maybe that will help the dreaded card wobble due to the fans I have on them.

That will indeed increase stability of the H-CARDs.
Sticking packing foam peanuts between the cards
also helps a lot:)

Packing peanuts? The heat insulation ack. Or do you mean just along the top?

I managed to get a full rig recognized and stably hashing on bfgminer with the V1 Mboard that has all chips in 1 long spi chain Tongue

Like so:

http://i.imgur.com/XbdZjyM.jpg

What is that sexy device pictured? Looks like a shortened Mboard had a baby with you shash

Exactly right:) It's an 8 slot M-board with Ethernet.

Me want
Activity: 427
Merit: 251
- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

I wonder how he maintains that farm. Knowing bitfury rigs to be flaky I wonder if he's got some guy whose sole job is to toy around with the best.cnf file or to reboot and/or start/stop miners like a madman.

It was odd to see all of the miners laying on their sides. Maybe that will help the dreaded card wobble due to the fans I have on them.

I managed to get a full rig recognized and stably hashing on bfgminer with the V1 Mboard that has all chips in 1 long spi chain Tongue

Like so:

What is that sexy device pictured? Looks like a shortened Mboard had a baby with you shash

Exactly right:) It's an 8 slot M-board with Ethernet.

Like so:

Like so:

Brilliant!

Also random question. R01F on the cards I just bought from MBP have R value ~1.8KOhm. What could I safely pencil mod it to 1725 and lower has been tried on one that had 4 crappy chips to see but it eventually would overheat or overcurrent shutdown and make bfgminer throw bitfury_init_oldbuf giving up after 4 tries

Errors like that

Like so:

Pages:
Jump to: