Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 68. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I got two full rigs today. One is running at 225 Gh and the other is running at 0 Gh.

Glad to know it's not just me Sad

You need to start  one at time to check for bad Hboard.
Activity: 420
I got two full rigs today. One is running at 225 Gh and the other is running at 0 Gh.

here good section to read https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-bitfury-miner-supporttuning-287590

I got 2 Hboards stop working yesterday.

ps: did anyone return bad hboards to Dave for replacement and I got 2 Hboards for replacement and need to return bad Hboards to Dave.  I am waiting for information to return bad hboard for long time now.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Hrm. This is not exactly how I envisioned this going. This is very frustrating.. my Avalons and KNCminers I was able to setup and get hashing within minutes. Add the assembly time of a full rig, plus the fact they're both not working....

Code:
Rig 1:
Bank 1
1: 33.415GH/s
2: 33.443GH/s
3: 20.702GH/s
4: 21.79GH/s
Bank 2
5: 4.223GH/s
6: 0GH/s
7: 0GH/s
8: 0GH/s
Bank 3
9: 15.677GH/s
10: 10.107GH/s
11: 11.167GH/s
12: 13.758GH/s
Bank 4
13: 9.621GH/s
14: 9.893GH/s
15: 10.165GH/s
16: 20.916GH/s

Rig 2:
Bank 1
1: 0GH/s
2: 0GH/s
3: 0GH/s
4: 0GH/s
Bank 2
5: 0GH/s
6: 0GH/s
7: 0GH/s
8: 0GH/s
Bank 3
9: 0GH/s
10: 0GH/s
11: 0GH/s
12: 0GH/s
Bank 4
13: 0GH/s
14: 0GH/s
15: 0GH/s
16: 0GH/s

I'm certain everything is hooked up correctly. I have checked several times. I tried replacing the PSU and that didn't do anything. I am using a 1200w to run both full rigs. I'm sorry if this is covered... (I'm going to go back and read through this thread now.) Any quick suggestions though? This thread is so long..

I'm not sure if this matters, but it seems the two rigs might have different firmware versions. One says this on the main admin screen the other does not: "Attention! Please set pool difficulty on your pool to 32-512 depending on your hashrate. Low difficulty setting will result in work queue overload, and drop your hashrate substantially. If running a full unit, please make sure all cards are installed in slots written on the back side of the card. Due to SPI bugs, the miner may need to be stopped and restarted using the buttons above."
Activity: 327
If its one of the new m-boards, the cards are divided into groups of 4.

Oh, I see, so 16 boards should appear as 4 miners to BFGMiner ?

Yes 4 banks of 4.

Bank 1
1: 39.084GH/s
2: 37.08GH/s
3: 37.366GH/s
4: 36.808GH/s
Bank 2
5: 36.808GH/s
6: 37.638GH/s
7: 35.935GH/s
8: 38.254GH/s
Bank 3
9: 36.808GH/s
10: 37.581GH/s
11: 34.66GH/s
12: 37.338GH/s
Bank 4
13: 34.675GH/s
14: 30.909GH/s
15: 33.887GH/s
16: 35.949GH/s
legendary
Christian Antkow

Oh, I see, so 16 boards should appear as 4 miners to BFGMiner ?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
I have 1 bad H-card what will not hash at all... Waiting on RMA, how long does it usually take?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Huh Hi guys I have this card that keeps going to 0GH/s. I already used the last slot for a card with high miso error count. Any idea what procedure I should be following to get my rig working at 100% reliably?

legendary
Merit: 1005
Huh Hi guys I have this card that keeps going to 0GH/s. I already used the last slot for a card with high miso error count. Any idea what procedure I should be following to get my rig working at 100% reliably?

You need to turn the voltage down, scroll back a few pages to see how to adjust the trimpots
Odd I am using ghash.io with no issues. Make sure to cool it enough, but don't over-cool it! Haha.  The heatsinks on the back of the regulator help I have found as well.

Did you have to preface the ghash.io url with "stratum+tcp://nl1.ghash.io" in Chainminer ?

No, and make sure you use a password it doesn't like the blank one.

I just have nl1.ghash.io in all 3 boxes.
legendary
Christian Antkow
Odd I am using ghash.io with no issues. Make sure to cool it enough, but don't over-cool it! Haha.  The heatsinks on the back of the regulator help I have found as well.

Did you have to preface the ghash.io url with "stratum+tcp://nl1.ghash.io" in Chainminer ?

EDIT: sshing into the pi gets me this;

Using username "pi".
[email protected]'s password:
Linux bf01 3.6.11+ #474 PREEMPT Thu Jun 13 17:14:42 BST 2013 armv6l

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Mon Nov 11 22:44:37 2013 from soundwave.home.lan
cat: .stat.log: No such file or directory
pi@bf01:/run/shm$

Guess the .stat.log not being where it is might explain something wrong with why Chainminer isn't starting up....
I've written a cgminer driver (it's in the current cgminer 3.8.0/3.8.1) for the BlackArrow Bitfury V1 boards.
I've no idea if that is the same as a standard Bitfury board - I never had one and the twits would never sell me one either.
... maybe I should have put in the copyright header that Punin and Buzzdave aren't allowed to use the driver Cheesy

Anyway, as I posted about it the other day:

For anyone who has a V1 BlackArrow Bitfury board - the latest cgminer 3.8.1 (3.8.0 also) has the RPi source for a driver now - consider it an early release since there are certain improvements I'll make to it that I've already sorted out what to do - in future versions - but it already runs with great performance.

The configure option is --enable-bab

It runs at 39.9GH/s valid shares with a bit under 10% HW errors above the 39.9GH/s on a standard board
i.e. if you were to also count bad nonces returned (which I prefer not to but I will mention in case anyone wishes to compare that number) it's returning 44GH/s of good+bad nonces.

I've run it with a single board on Raspbian to write and test it - it's based on the V1 initialisation of a single board.
I based the I/O code on the chainminer GPIO/SPI code as should be obvious for anyone who looks at my driver-bab.c and chainminer (as I also mention that at the top of driver-bab.c)

It's a bit CPU hungry so soon I'll be spending more effort on reducing that - 20% CPU with a single board - I've only tested with a single board.

It also doesn't tune the chip at all - so there is also assured performance improvement there - it runs at default settings at the moment.
That's the next effort I'll expend on the driver.

If anyone has a standard V1 BitFury board I'd also be curious to know if it works with them.

Id love to see this running on a V3 rig, I miss having fail-over. Its Cainsmore all over again for me.
Got my rigs in, and can't get chainminer connected to ghash.io at all Sad Trying to build BFGMiner...

Poop.

EDIT: Fuck my ass. BFGMiner only picks up 4 of 16 boards on the first rig I'm trying to bring up... it's going to be a long night...

Odd I am using ghash.io with no issues. Make sure to cool it enough, but don't over-cool it! Haha.  The heatsinks on the back of the regulator help I have found as well.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I've written a cgminer driver (it's in the current cgminer 3.8.0/3.8.1) for the BlackArrow Bitfury V1 boards.
I've no idea if that is the same as a standard Bitfury board - I never had one and the twits would never sell me one either.
... maybe I should have put in the copyright header that Punin and Buzzdave aren't allowed to use the driver Cheesy

Anyway, as I posted about it the other day:

For anyone who has a V1 BlackArrow Bitfury board - the latest cgminer 3.8.1 (3.8.0 also) has the RPi source for a driver now - consider it an early release since there are certain improvements I'll make to it that I've already sorted out what to do - in future versions - but it already runs with great performance.

The configure option is --enable-bab

It runs at 39.9GH/s valid shares with a bit under 10% HW errors above the 39.9GH/s on a standard board
i.e. if you were to also count bad nonces returned (which I prefer not to but I will mention in case anyone wishes to compare that number) it's returning 44GH/s of good+bad nonces.

I've run it with a single board on Raspbian to write and test it - it's based on the V1 initialisation of a single board.
I based the I/O code on the chainminer GPIO/SPI code as should be obvious for anyone who looks at my driver-bab.c and chainminer (as I also mention that at the top of driver-bab.c)

It's a bit CPU hungry so soon I'll be spending more effort on reducing that - 20% CPU with a single board - I've only tested with a single board.

It also doesn't tune the chip at all - so there is also assured performance improvement there - it runs at default settings at the moment.
That's the next effort I'll expend on the driver.

If anyone has a standard V1 BitFury board I'd also be curious to know if it works with them.
legendary
Christian Antkow
Got my rigs in, and can't get chainminer connected to ghash.io at all Sad Trying to build BFGMiner...

Poop.

EDIT: Fuck my ass. BFGMiner only picks up 4 of 16 boards on the first rig I'm trying to bring up... it's going to be a long night...
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
Anyone got bfg working with new v3 boards  as it cannot seem to see them with normal settings that work for v1-2 ?

Been working for me for the past couple of days, built from GitHub HEAD.  I posted build instructions earlier in this topic.
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I Too compiled BFG miner and it only ran with 100% hw errors as well (after 15 minutes of running the timings never adjusted upward as they are expected.)   Angry

Have you tried patching the bfgminer source to start at a slower speed, as I've done?  I have mine locked at 52, and it's been running for close to two days now.  The hardware error rate over that period has been about 0.25%...not as good as the BFL miners (one of those logged one error in the same period, while the other has zero), but still fairly low.  At 52, I'm getting 68-69 GH/s from two H-boards.
legendary
Merit: 1005
So, a couple of my cards started turning off permanently until reboot again and I cranked their voltage down to about 0.8 V.

Rig is hashing at about 352 GH/s now instead of 360, but it seems stable.

so how do you "anticipate" the amount of counterclockwise turning of the trimpot nut needed to decrease voltage?

It seems like about a quarter turn or so is 0.050 V, but it's not consistent among cards I find

any response on the rma to return heatsinked defective h boards?

Nah, haven't heard anything one way or the other, but since I adjusted the trimpots everything has been running more or less okay.

Probably Dave is sitting around tweaking 8 bajillion of them in the TH/s mine at the moment
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
So, a couple of my cards started turning off permanently until reboot again and I cranked their voltage down to about 0.8 V.

Rig is hashing at about 352 GH/s now instead of 360, but it seems stable.

so how do you "anticipate" the amount of counterclockwise turning of the trimpot nut needed to decrease voltage?

It seems like about a quarter turn or so is 0.050 V, but it's not consistent among cards I find

any response on the rma to return heatsinked defective h boards?
Pages:
Jump to: