Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 72. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
thanks for the pic taco.

i really don't get this.  i've got stable speeds right now around 550 GH/s in the BF GUI yet my stratum pool monitor shows btwn 78.8 and 193 GH/s.  it's been consistently showing this disparity.  

problem is that my Avalons show consistently accurate readings on this same stratum pool monitor of 82-84 GH/s and in its cgminer GUI.

might be kind of silly but did you change all three pools to the same pool/worker name?  these aren't failovers, the device will mine on all three pools at the same time

My final suggestion is to just switch to BTC guild and then make the sharediff 256 or 512
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I have been using bfgminer  since i received my bitfury instead of chainminer and find its a lot more stable and seems to work fine with all the pools i have tried as it does  stratum itself there is no need for the proxies.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
thanks for the pic taco.

i really don't get this.  i've got stable speeds right now around 550 GH/s in the BF GUI yet my stratum pool monitor shows btwn 78.8 and 193 GH/s.  it's been consistently showing this disparity.  

problem is that my Avalons show consistently accurate readings on this same stratum pool monitor of 82-84 GH/s and in its cgminer GUI.

Did you adjust the Difficult for the BF? Just a thought not sure if it helps.

+1

Chainminer/bitfury boards seem to be very sensitive to low diff work.  Lots of low diff shares get queued up and the miner falls behind (polling the chips sequentially) and can't submit fast enough.

My preferred pool/s use variable difficulty and this can also be a problem. The pool will increase diff but the miner is left submitting (or proxy is rejecting) shares that are below target and can take a long time for the pool to climb to a useful diff.

To work around this, on reboots, I restart chainminer every couple of  minutes (which seems to purge the queue) until it reaches the desired diff.  Two to three times usually does it.

However, note that it can still be an issue if the pool changes the diff frequently.  If it lowers, the miner is left submitting old shares of a higher diff for a short delay which, while valid, aren't counted/rewarded appropriately.  If it raises they get rejected as below target temporarily.  Approx once a month I've checked on my miner only to find its thrashed itself back down to minimum diff shares and the pool reporting ~1GH/s.  Normally it will avg same as bitfury web.

If your pool supports setting diff target, rough guidance would be ~1 per GH. eg. full rig 512 diff.

Does anyone else have similar experiences with vardiff pools?... I don't believe there is a way in stratum for miner/proxy to 'request' a given difficulty from the pool.
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
i have the entire Bank 1 at zero hashing (first 4 slots)  Sad  i have 3 140mm fans and one large box fan blowing at it.

have v2.2 H boards with v3 M board.  doesn't matter which H boards go into those slots.

any suggestions?

Im going through something sort of similar however I found that it was becasue my best.cnf file was not configured properly.

I'm tuning each chip to AIfDSo

Bank 1      Bank 2                Bank 3                            Bank 4
1: 35.137GH/s      5: 2.407GH/s      9: 32.583GH/s      13: 34.36GH/s
2: 31.768GH/s      6: 32.583GH/s      10: 0.815GH/s      14: 34.915GH/s
3: 32.175GH/s      7: 7.775GH/s      11: 36.581GH/s      15: 33.471GH/s
4: 34.915GH/s      8: 33.693GH/s      12: 35.804GH/s      16: 30.213GH/s

Bank 1                           Bank 2      Bank 3                        Bank 4
1: 36.86GH/s      5: 34.456GH/s      9: 10.545GH/s      13: 19.936GH/s
2: 31.699GH/s      6: 18.045GH/s      10: 30.834GH/s      14: 20.129GH/s
3: 30.802GH/s      7: 34.424GH/s      11: 4.167GH/s      15: 18.045GH/s
4: 22.565GH/s      8: 20.417GH/s      12: 5.353GH/s      16: 15.353GH/s

Bank 1                          Bank 2                 Bank 3      Bank 4
1: 30.68GH/s      5: 9.964GH/s      9: 35.004GH/s      13: 35.276GH/s
2: 32.212GH/s      6: 19.556GH/s      10: 28.576GH/s      14: 20.186GH/s
3: 32.227GH/s      7: 14.574GH/s      11: 23.293GH/s      15: 13.157GH/s
4: 13.085GH/s      8: 21.289GH/s      12: 23.221GH/s      16: 12.541GH/s

This is my result from 3 tests at 5 minutes in on those settings - I saw a chron job 1-line script here that Keefe wrote that is supposed to reset stratum every 10 minutes, I want to try that script but to restart my miner every 5 minutes - seems like I'm getting solid hashrate within that 1st 5 minutes then everything runs - but as you can see from my past tests - my hashrate seems to drop every time after 5 minutes - I have 6 120 mm fans going and heatsinks so I have no idea what gives Huh

Chainminer's autotune function doesn't kick in until 5 or 10 minutes (not sure which) after it starts. Also, the stats in the first 5 minutes aren't reliable. But if you think autotune is the problem, create /opt/bitfury/best.cnf like this and restart chainminer:
Code:
1 aIfDSo 53
2 aIfDSo 53
3 aIfDSo 53
256 aIfDSo 53
Note: Not sure if it matters, but those are tab chars between the columns, not spaces.

Here's a simple script to easily create such a best.cnf:
Code:
rm /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; for i in {1..256} ; do echo -e "$i\taIfDSo\t53" >> /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; done
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I'm happy to report my 5x $1300 August starter kits have now made  24.6619  btc  (1.25btc  x 5.00 compensation for august late delivery for each kit).  If i cashed out at $260 more i would have broken even (not including power costs).

It was a risk and still is a risk, however I am happy with the results.  If BTC stays above $300 I will surely make ROI.

Thank you Buzzdave and your team.  My only disappointment has been the 100TH stock Sad.  I hope you guys can turn this issue around too.

**Edit** Although business has not been perfect, I really appreciate your guys customer service and I will definitely consider doing more business.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
There should be a spot for it under your worker settings for the Pool. I dont know where they are for Ozcoin, but I know Bitminter has them under the worker config.

Now if I can only get it to connect to a pool. I tried all the addresses for ozcoin and noneof them work as I  said above. Frankenmint is having trouble too.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
There should be a spot for it under your worker settings for the Pool. I dont know where they are for Ozcoin, but I know Bitminter has them under the worker config.

legendary
thanks for the pic taco.

no i haven't.  i assumed the settings for my avalons would apply to the BF's but i might be wrong.

what's the party line for diff for the BF's and where is it adjusted ?
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
thanks for the pic taco.

legendary
thanks for the pic taco.

legendary
It's a bit blurry but sure

edit:

How to read voltage
On the side of the inductor (big cube labeled "pulse") there is a strip of metal.  This is your +'ve read point.  On the M-board itself at the end opposite the rasp pi are a 12v + and - cable attachment point.  Touch the -'ve end of your multimeter here and you should get a read of 0.860 V ish
legendary
Got antsy, so I cranked down the voltage on the trimpot to 0.840 V on my card that always shuts off.  I'll see if this makes the card last any longer.

Note for users: use a tiny philips screw driver and turn right to increase voltage, left to decrease voltage.

can you give us a pic of the trimpot?
legendary
Preliminary results -- cards that were "bad" are no longer shutting down at 0.840 V and 0.820 V respectively.  Hash rates are about 34 GH/s per each.  I guess I can cancel my RMA if this works out okay!

For people getting new boards that are shutting down, check the voltage.  The one card I had that was shutting down was at 0.870 V, compared to 0.860 V for a lot of the others.

I'm now getting 360 GH/s for 10 cards @ 406 W, if the thing was fully populated it'd be getting 575 GH/s.  I'd recommend people play with their voltages, as the default voltage seems to be not absolutely necessary for peak function.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero
I added tiny heatsinks on the back of my Hcards over the voltage regulator along with box fans, and I'm seeing a stable 500GH with only 2-3 cards lagging behind.

I just got a lot of slightly larger heatsinks to place on the back side of the chips, but they don't have adhesive tape on them. I do have permanent arctic silver adhesive, but I'm nervous to use that in case I need to take them off. Anyone have opinions on tape/epoxy, or can recommend tape that they use?
legendary
Got antsy, so I cranked down the voltage on the trimpot to 0.840 V on my card that always shuts off.  I'll see if this makes the card last any longer.

Note for users: use a tiny philips screw driver and turn right to increase voltage, left to decrease voltage.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
I managed to get my Unit working Stable, it seems these guys want to be cooled in a specific way. I added 3 120MM fans to the top with 1 Box fan pushing air across it from the side. The real trick is it did not like the air on the same side as the regulator, no clue why but once I moved it to the other side it has hashed at 575-580 for about 11 hours now.

Now I need to move it off my workbench to where its going stay for good, lets hope my results do not vary. At least I have an idea what to do I suppose.

I asked Mega to stop my RMA for now since all the Units appear to work fantastic with Proper cooling.

I installed more heatsinks and I'm seeing this too from my tests - Looks like fans should not be on the "PULSE" chip side at all.

The startminer chronjob seems to keep my unit hashing at around the 500s between 5-600 when it restarts, but I don't know if I"m effectively increasing my hashrate overall as btcguild reports only half my speed (I did set the correct difficulty on the pool settings)
legendary
anyone successfully connect to ozcoin or slush?  if so, what addresses are you using?  for instance, my typical addresses to connect aren't working:  stratum.ozco.in:3333, us.ozco.in:3333, stratum+tcp://stratum.ozco.in:3333.

my solo mining stratum port monitor 8889 hashrate shows a huge discrepancy vs. the hashrate advertised in the BF GUI.  i'd like to connect to a pool to see if i see the same discrepancy.

to that note I'm also having problems connecting to pools except btcguild.  I cannot connect to neither eligius nor bitminter.  using mint.bitminter.com, 3333, usr, pwd,
legendary
anyone successfully connect to ozcoin or slush?  if so, what addresses are you using?  for instance, my typical addresses to connect aren't working:  stratum.ozco.in:3333, us.ozco.in:3333, stratum+tcp://stratum.ozco.in:3333.

my solo mining stratum port monitor 8889 hashrate shows a huge discrepancy vs. the hashrate advertised in the BF GUI.  i'd like to connect to a pool to see if i see the same discrepancy.
legendary
This was it here to quote so that I can find it myself easily next time:

Someone may find this useful... If your pool reports your hashrate dropping regularly DESPITE bitfury admin showing steady noncerate:

1) ssh into your pi
2) run command: crontab -e
3) add this line at the end of file:
*/10    *       *       *       *       sudo /opt/bitfury/start-stratumproxy.sh
4) save & exit

It will restart your stratum proxy every 10 minutes from now on. If you want to cancel it, just run the command again and delete the line.

I took this from the EU bitfury maitenance/tuning thread.

[changed mine to */10 * * * * sudo /opt/bitfury/start-miner.sh]

(crossing my fingers that this doesnt break anything and I'm hoping it keeps my hashrate high)
legendary
i have the entire Bank 1 at zero hashing (first 4 slots)  Sad  i have 3 140mm fans and one large box fan blowing at it.

have v2.2 H boards with v3 M board.  doesn't matter which H boards go into those slots.

any suggestions?

I'd assume a problem with the M-board. RMA?

i can't think of anything else.
Pages:
Jump to: