Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 70. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
 I think sd image came with most of time 10.x.x.x ip from test run and I think sure change back to to auto DHCP.

Mine didn't, and I only received it a few days ago.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
i was getting overlapping ip addresses.  i have my router set on dhcp but i've noticed that altho each raspi is supposed to let itself be assigned a new address each time on connection w/o any overlap from other BF's, some time it does and some times it doesn't.

I have no idea what the motivation was behind using DHCP to find the subnet and then just ignore the result and try grabbing .249 on it.  Why not just let DHCP do its job?  Any halfway-decent router's web interface will show you what devices are where; finding your rig's IP address is trivial.

As shipped, /etc/network/interfaces looks something like this after it's booted up once and found an address:

Code:
auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.100.249
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.100.1

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

up route add default gw 192.168.100.1 eth0
dns-nameservers 192.168.100.1 8.8.8.8

Something like this will just get out of the way and let DHCP do its job.  If you want the rig at a certain IP address, create a DHCP reservation for it.  More importantly, this will let DNS do its job so you can refer to the rig by its hostname (which you probably want to set to something sensible with raspi-config, BTW).

Code:
auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0
auto wlan0
#iface wlan0 inet manual
#wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

This is for a wired network.  For WiFi, follow one of the many guides out there on getting WiFi working on a Raspberry Pi.

I think sd image came with most of time 10.x.x.x ip from test run and I think sure change back to to auto DHCP.
i was getting overlapping ip addresses.  i have my router set on dhcp but i've noticed that altho each raspi is supposed to let itself be assigned a new address each time on connection w/o any overlap from other BF's, some time it does and some times it doesn't.

I have no idea what the motivation was behind using DHCP to find the subnet and then just ignore the result and try grabbing .249 on it.  Why not just let DHCP do its job?  Any halfway-decent router's web interface will show you what devices are where; finding your rig's IP address is trivial.

As shipped, /etc/network/interfaces looks something like this after it's booted up once and found an address:

Code:
auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.100.249
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.100.1

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

up route add default gw 192.168.100.1 eth0
dns-nameservers 192.168.100.1 8.8.8.8

Something like this will just get out of the way and let DHCP do its job.  If you want the rig at a certain IP address, create a DHCP reservation for it.  More importantly, this will let DNS do its job so you can refer to the rig by its hostname (which you probably want to set to something sensible with raspi-config, BTW).

Code:
auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0
auto wlan0
#iface wlan0 inet manual
#wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

This is for a wired network.  For WiFi, follow one of the many guides out there on getting WiFi working on a Raspberry Pi.
I find that bfg does not load the spi drivers properly itself and just click start then stop miner in the web interface before starting bfg

Something like this will load the necessary kernel modules so that bfgminer will work:

Code:
sudo modprobe i2c_bcm2708
sudo modprobe spi_bcm2708
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
turns out the sd cards weren't corrupted.

i used one of my spare raspi's lying around to figure out that the cards weren't corrupted and determine that the ip's were in fact overlapping.

it's definitely an annoying problem given all the resets/reboots i'm having to do given the prevalence of sub par H board hashing.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Can a Pi be run off of a usb device instead of the SD card?  The SD cards just seem so easily corruptible compared to usb distros I have used.
Activity: 420
.05 BTC to the guy who helps me reimage 2 corrupt SD cards back to latest Chainminer.

pm me.

i actually have another SD card with a good image on it so it should just be a matter of copying it over.
   You better off not use sd for FS but you can usb flash for FS and use work better.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Just use w32diskimager found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

On linux I think you can just use dd.

legendary
.05 BTC to the guy who helps me reimage 2 corrupt SD cards back to latest Chainminer.

pm me.

i actually have another SD card with a good image on it so it should just be a matter of copying it over.
Activity: 327
Is Luke actively working on getting Bfgminer to work completely with the Rigs? I realize hes done something since its working I just wonder if you have heard he is trying to get it stable.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Thanks MBP. I still can't believe my eyes 579 GH/s!!!

http://i.imgur.com/RxT6gBx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4zEpLTJ.jpg

ericdc_6 is my full rig Wink
http://i.imgur.com/dit1EH7.png
Tried to compile bfgminer and ran into a wall here:
"Could not find HASH_ITER - please install uthash-dev"

This was near the end when running:
./configure --enable-bfsb

Must've forgotten to include that in the dependencies...my post with the instructions has been updated.

Went ahead and tried cgminer and got it to compile, but it could not detect the bitfury (I am on a V1 M-board).

cgminer doesn't support these boards.

That said, now that I'm near my mining rig for testing, I'm trying to get bfgminer running stable on it.  It runs for a few minutes, getting ~80 GH/s out of my two boards (and another 11 from the BFL hardware also plugged in), but then it starts throwing a bunch of errors in a loop.  I think it's trying to drive the chips too hard by default.  If I change the oscillator setting for each chip from whatever default bfgminer is picking to 52, the hashrate falls back to ~68 GH/s (close to what chainminer was delivering).  So far it's still running as I write this. 

Looking at the bfgminer source code, we find this in driver-bfsb.c, in bfsb_init():

Code:
                bitfury_init_chip(proc);
                bitfury->osc6_bits = 53;
                bitfury_send_reinit(bitfury->spi, bitfury->slot, bitfury->fasync, bitfury->osc6_bits);
                bitfury_init_freq_stat(&bitfury->chip_stat, 52, 56);

I think it's starting with 53 and then setting itself to adjust later between 52 and 56.  Without heatsinks, though, my rig isn't stable at 53 long enough for this mechanism to kick in, so I'm better off fixing it to run at 52:

Code:
                bitfury_init_chip(proc);
                bitfury->osc6_bits = 52;
                bitfury_send_reinit(bitfury->spi, bitfury->slot, bitfury->fasync, bitfury->osc6_bits);
                bitfury_init_freq_stat(&bitfury->chip_stat, 52, 52);

AFAICT there is no way to set this in bfgminer.conf.  You can edit chip speeds at runtime, but the only way to make this setting permanent for now is to edit and recompile the source.

Here's a screenshot of bfgminer in action...currently at 10 minutes, and the ASICs are running in the mid-40s according to the temperature probe I have on one of them:

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
My first BTC was paid out from my Bitfury device today

*tear*

48 hours running stable at 360 GH/s since I dropped the voltage on those two cards.
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
I have been using bfgminer  since i received my bitfury instead of chainminer and find its a lot more stable and seems to work fine with all the pools i have tried as it does  stratum itself there is no need for the proxies.

This seems reasonable to me as I am a long term cgminer user.

Any tips on how to set it up?
Sorry been tied up have you got it working ?

according to bfgminer readme, it says there is no thermal shutdown regulation.  do you have heatsinks installed?

I don't think chainminer is any different. AFAIK, the boards have no temp sensors anywhere.
legendary
I have been using bfgminer  since i received my bitfury instead of chainminer and find its a lot more stable and seems to work fine with all the pools i have tried as it does  stratum itself there is no need for the proxies.

according to bfgminer readme, it says there is no thermal shutdown regulation.  do you have heatsinks installed?
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Tried to compile bfgminer and ran into a wall here:
"Could not find HASH_ITER - please install uthash-dev"

This was near the end when running:

Went ahead and tried cgminer and got it to compile, but it could not detect the bitfury (I am on a V1 M-board).

Back to chainminer for now.  Sad
Within the Pi itself run stop-stratum.sh?  There is no way to stop it from the interface.
There should be no need to touch the original proxys  but is you want to stop them from starting at boot comment the line out in /etc/rc.local
i have commented out the chainminer start as well.
I find that bfg does not load the spi drivers properly itself and just click start then stop miner in the web interface before starting bfg
When bfg is running you will see lines saying the last 8 results where bad etc you can ignore these its just bfg doing auto tune
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
I have been using bfgminer  since i received my bitfury instead of chainminer and find its a lot more stable and seems to work fine with all the pools i have tried as it does  stratum itself there is no need for the proxies.

This is cribbed largely from my post yesterday on bringing up cgminer...main difference is that bfgminer needs libjansson, and the configure invocation's a little different:

Code:
# install dependencies

apt-get install autoconf automake libtool libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-1.0-0 libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev libjansson-dev

# clone the repo

git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer
cd bfgminer

# build and install

./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install

Compiling on the RPi will take a few minutes...be patient while it does its thing.

Once it's installed, use something like this to run it:

Code:
sudo bfgminer -S bfsb:auto

Support for a bunch of other ASIC miners will be included, so you could (if you wanted) connect them to your RPi through a powered hub and have one bfgminer instance running all of them.  I was getting good speed with the pools I tried, but the warning (see the Bitfury section in README.ASIC in the repo) about a lack of thermal shutdown support at this time means I'll hold off on running this until I get my heatsinks in.

Was looking around and didn't find much, but would love to see a "howto" if there is one for bfgminer and a fully 16-card Bitfury v1 kit.  chainminer to date has not impressed me.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Within the Pi itself run stop-stratum.sh?  There is no way to stop it from the interface.
Pages:
Jump to: