Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 71. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I have been using bfgminer  since i received my bitfury instead of chainminer and find its a lot more stable and seems to work fine with all the pools i have tried as it does  stratum itself there is no need for the proxies.

Does the stratum proxy need to be explicitly disabled on reboot in order for this to work?  I was able to get it installed but it just throws me a TON of hardware errors and doesnt seem to kick over properly.

should not mater as bfg does not use them you need to stop chainminer though once the pi is started up before you run bfg
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I have been using bfgminer  since i received my bitfury instead of chainminer and find its a lot more stable and seems to work fine with all the pools i have tried as it does  stratum itself there is no need for the proxies.

This seems reasonable to me as I am a long term cgminer user.

Any tips on how to set it up?
Sorry been tied up have you got it working ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
I have been using bfgminer  since i received my bitfury instead of chainminer and find its a lot more stable and seems to work fine with all the pools i have tried as it does  stratum itself there is no need for the proxies.

Does the stratum proxy need to be explicitly disabled on reboot in order for this to work?  I was able to get it installed but it just throws me a TON of hardware errors and doesnt seem to kick over properly.

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
That did it    Shocked ITS WORKING Shocked

PM me an address and I'll shoot you a tip.  Thanks again!  Now I'm off to convert this to a BFG bitfury.

You were right too - Work settings work but this router has funny defaults in it which it why it wasn't seeming to work. 

you have to look at /etc/network for file interfaces and you need to change ip in the interfaces file.
legendary
That did it    Shocked ITS WORKING Shocked

PM me an address and I'll shoot you a tip.  Thanks again!  Now I'm off to convert this to a BFG bitfury.

You were right too - Work settings work but this router has funny defaults in it which it why it wasn't seeming to work. 

Activity: 681
Merit: 500
Maybe the router is only telling you the devices that requested an IP via DHCP?

Once logged into the rPi with putty, try a traceroute to some internet IP address (i.e. 74.125.224.164) and see if/where it stops.

Ok tried this.

From 192.168.1.249 icmp_seq=148 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.249 icmp_seq=149 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.249 icmp_seq=150 Destination Host Unreachable

Seems that I cannot send anything outbound at all. its not the 2nd half where dave says to set the gateway on the image either because I've done this before and the setup was working correctly at my workstation not too long ago. 

Check that it has the right gateway address. Is your router 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or something else? My router is 192.168.0.1 and my rPi is correctly using it as its default gateway:
Code:
pi@192-168-0-249:~$ route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
default         192.168.0.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
192.168.0.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
legendary

Once logged into the rPi with putty, try a traceroute to some internet IP address (i.e. 74.125.224.164) and see if/where it stops.

Ok tried this.

From 192.168.1.249 icmp_seq=148 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.249 icmp_seq=149 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.249 icmp_seq=150 Destination Host Unreachable

Seems that I cannot send anything outbound at all. its not the 2nd half where dave says to set the gateway on the image either because I've done this before and the setup was working correctly at my workstation not too long ago. 

donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
Got my October kit yesterday and I'm happy to find out that it fits the Spotswood v2 case perfectly. The auto-IP configuration script worked flawlessly too.

With just fans and no heatsinks it only hashed  at 400-450 GH/s due to the H-cards frequently shutting down. With a single goxed-style copper heatsink behind the regulator the nonce rate went up to 525 GH/s. There is still plenty of shutting down of the H-cards going on, and I would probably need to add more heatsinks when I find the time.

IMHO these Oct H-cards come a little to hot from the factory for the average mining enthusiast. Fortunately you have the option of turning the voltage down.

The picture below shows it sitting on top of an August kit.

okay so i took my full kit to its final home and now its acting wierd:

I can access it through putty and also through the ip address to get to the bitfury web interface.

I CANNOT see it on my router at all.

It is not hashing at all  Sad

I figured it was an ip conflict but I can manually ip to the bitfury using my browser, although on the router interface, I do not see the device at all.  While in testing mode at work I was able to see it appear as rasberrypi.  Any ideas guys?  Using a generic ATT 2wire wireless router.

legendary
okay so i took my full kit to its final home and now its acting wierd:

I can access it through putty and also through the ip address to get to the bitfury web interface.

I CANNOT see it on my router at all.

It is not hashing at all  Sad

I figured it was an ip conflict but I can manually ip to the bitfury using my browser, although on the router interface, I do not see the device at all.  While in testing mode at work I was able to see it appear as rasberrypi.  Any ideas guys?  Using a generic ATT 2wire wireless router.
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C

This is cribbed largely from my post yesterday on bringing up cgminer...main difference is that bfgminer needs libjansson, and the configure invocation's a little different:

Code:
# install dependencies

apt-get install autoconf automake libtool libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-1.0-0 libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev

# clone the repo

git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer
cd bfgminer

# build and install

./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-bfsb --disable-opencl --disable-adl
make
(cd libblkmaker && sudo make install && sudo ldconfig)
sudo make install

Compiling on the RPi will take a few minutes...be patient while it does its thing.

Once it's installed, use something like this to run it:

Code:
sudo bfgminer -S bfsb:auto

Support for a bunch of other ASIC miners will be included, so you could (if you wanted) connect them to your RPi through a powered hub and have one bfgminer instance running all of them.  I was getting good speed with the pools I tried, but the warning (see the Bitfury section in README.ASIC in the repo) about a lack of thermal shutdown support at this time means I'll hold off on running this until I get my heatsinks in.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
can someone link me to directions on how to make a backup image of the SD card onto a new one?  these look to be of poor quality and i think i have a corrupted one.
legendary
arghhhh.  these things are really sensitive.

just tried redirecting to a pool and needed a reboot.  now not working at all.  

any suggestions when one gets zeros across all slots?

Reboot again or restart chainminer.

i did.  several times.  finally got it to come back up but at suboptimal rates.

these things are really finicky.  once you get them running at optimal rates i wouldn't fiddle with them.  i'm learning to appreciate my avalons coupled with cgminer.

also, it appears to me that the stratum proxy within chainminer does not interface well with a local instance of stratum on one's server when solo mining.  so i'm forced to pool Sad  if i get around to it i may install bfgminer or even cgminer to try and solo once again.  
arghhhh.  these things are really sensitive.

just tried redirecting to a pool and needed a reboot.  now not working at all. 

Reboot again or restart chainminer.
legendary
arghhhh.  these things are really sensitive.

just tried redirecting to a pool and needed a reboot.  now not working at all. 

Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I think I have things running at a stable 70 GH/s for two boards now.  It took a bit of stopping and restarting, and I ended up switching from BTC Guild to EclipseMC, but both the web interface and the pool say I've been mining at a bit over 70 GH/s for several hours now.

Last night, I pulled out the D945GNT and the GPUs and added a power adapter cable and a USB hub. The "adapter cable" is a 24-pin ATX extension modified as follows:

1. Tie PS_ON to GND so the power supply stays on as long as it's plugged in (mine has a hard switch on it that can be used to shut it off).
2. Bring out the two +12V pins (and GND) to a pair of 2.5mm barrel plugs for my Jalapeños.

I might add a smaller barrel connector on one of the +5V lines to power the USB hub; that'd allow me to get rid of the wall wart that was included with the hub.

This is what I currently have running:

• v3 M-board with two v2.2 H-boards and a Raspberry Pi model B (version numbers are IIRC)
  • Seasonic SSR-550RM power supply (was originally purchased for GPU mining)
  • Cooler Master JetFlo 120 fan (maxes out at 95 cfm @ 2000 rpm, but I have it connected through an (included) adapter that knocks the speed back to 1600 rpm as full speed may have been cooling it too much)
  • a powered USB hub
  • Coldtears 2.8" USB LCD
  • two BFL Jalapeños
  • D-Link DAP-1522 wireless bridge

The Kill-a-Watt says all this is pulling about 140W at 80 GH/s.  The motherboard-and-GPUs combo was pulling another 300W or so for about 450 kH/s of scrypt mining.  Even with Novacoin mining being worth 10x the equivalent Bitcoin mining, 300W for ~4.5 GH/s equivalent is a bit much...the Jalapeños do that with a tenth of the power.  I could probably knock a few watts off that by replacing the wireless bridge with either a USB WiFi dongle or a proper wired network connection, and by running the hub off of the power supply.  I'd like to put the Bitfury rig in one of the Spotswood cases...waiting for the $ to arrive from CampBX.

I have a bunch of RAM heatsinks on the way...will probably be a week or two before they arrive.  When they do, what's the best way to install them?  Some pictures show them applied to the component side, but most seem to have them on the other side.  I know there are a bunch of thermal vias under each chip, which would seem to indicate that placing the heatsinks on the back of the board would possibly be more effective at getting heat away from the chips.  Are the thermal vias tented or exposed, though?  I've not tried looking at them through a magnifying glass yet, and my near vision apparently isn't what it once was (now get off my lawn!).  If exposed, heatsinks on the back would definitely be the way to go, right?  If tented, it's not so obvious which would be better.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
i have the entire Bank 1 at zero hashing (first 4 slots)  Sad  i have 3 140mm fans and one large box fan blowing at it.

have v2.2 H boards with v3 M board.  doesn't matter which H boards go into those slots.

any suggestions?

Im going through something sort of similar however I found that it was becasue my best.cnf file was not configured properly.

I'm tuning each chip to AIfDSo

Bank 1      Bank 2                Bank 3                            Bank 4
1: 35.137GH/s      5: 2.407GH/s      9: 32.583GH/s      13: 34.36GH/s
2: 31.768GH/s      6: 32.583GH/s      10: 0.815GH/s      14: 34.915GH/s
3: 32.175GH/s      7: 7.775GH/s      11: 36.581GH/s      15: 33.471GH/s
4: 34.915GH/s      8: 33.693GH/s      12: 35.804GH/s      16: 30.213GH/s

Bank 1                           Bank 2      Bank 3                        Bank 4
1: 36.86GH/s      5: 34.456GH/s      9: 10.545GH/s      13: 19.936GH/s
2: 31.699GH/s      6: 18.045GH/s      10: 30.834GH/s      14: 20.129GH/s
3: 30.802GH/s      7: 34.424GH/s      11: 4.167GH/s      15: 18.045GH/s
4: 22.565GH/s      8: 20.417GH/s      12: 5.353GH/s      16: 15.353GH/s

Bank 1                          Bank 2                 Bank 3      Bank 4
1: 30.68GH/s      5: 9.964GH/s      9: 35.004GH/s      13: 35.276GH/s
2: 32.212GH/s      6: 19.556GH/s      10: 28.576GH/s      14: 20.186GH/s
3: 32.227GH/s      7: 14.574GH/s      11: 23.293GH/s      15: 13.157GH/s
4: 13.085GH/s      8: 21.289GH/s      12: 23.221GH/s      16: 12.541GH/s

This is my result from 3 tests at 5 minutes in on those settings - I saw a chron job 1-line script here that Keefe wrote that is supposed to reset stratum every 10 minutes, I want to try that script but to restart my miner every 5 minutes - seems like I'm getting solid hashrate within that 1st 5 minutes then everything runs - but as you can see from my past tests - my hashrate seems to drop every time after 5 minutes - I have 6 120 mm fans going and heatsinks so I have no idea what gives Huh

Chainminer's autotune function doesn't kick in until 5 or 10 minutes (not sure which) after it starts. Also, the stats in the first 5 minutes aren't reliable. But if you think autotune is the problem, create /opt/bitfury/best.cnf like this and restart chainminer:
Code:
1 aIfDSo 53
2 aIfDSo 53
3 aIfDSo 53
256 aIfDSo 53
Note: Not sure if it matters, but those are tab chars between the columns, not spaces.

Here's a simple script to easily create such a best.cnf:
Code:
rm /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; for i in {1..256} ; do echo -e "$i\taIfDSo\t53" >> /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; done

i would suggest checking the voltage on the problem boards. over 0.86V and it might just be that they are getting a little too much voltage and thats causing issues without intensive cooling. try tuning the voltage on problem boards to <0.85V

opposite for the boards that are stable but less than 35GH. check thier voltage and perhaps try tuning it up 0.005-0.01V and see what happens; you should get an extra 1-3GH
legendary
I have been using bfgminer  since i received my bitfury instead of chainminer and find its a lot more stable and seems to work fine with all the pools i have tried as it does  stratum itself there is no need for the proxies.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Dave, any idea when you'll get a phone number setup. I'd like to call you guys with a somewhat urgent matter.
legendary
Anyone here solo mining with slush's stratum locally?

It uses vardiff. Now the 8889 port monitor shows zero hashing while chainminer  has been showing a stable 550 all night Sad
Pages:
Jump to: