Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 74. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Wow thanks I wasn't totally sure and didnt want to ruin them.  Looks like they tack to the boards too!  Come off with force but leave no residue.   
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Does this seem reasonable instead?  I'm NOT trying to buy 400 dollars worth of heatsinks.

Also forgive my ignorance but do I remove these white peices of paper or are they used to give a good contact for thermal paste?

You just peel them off.

If you buy 300 of these you can chip a full kit for about $75

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-14-14-6mm-Aluminum-Extrusion-Heatsink-Cooler-With-Thermal-Adhesive-Tape-/121205809162?pt=US_CPU_Fans_Heatsinks&hash=item1c386de00a

And I've had no component go over 60 C with these on
legendary

Does this seem reasonable instead?  I'm NOT trying to buy 400 dollars worth of heatsinks.

Also forgive my ignorance but do I remove these white peices of paper or are they used to give a good contact for thermal paste?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
With 1TH/s miners from big bitcoin miner mfgrs coming out in 2 months, I'm hoping to see this Bitfury 400GH/s system selling price to be reduce to $4,000 or less next month to justify the ROI. (approximately 80+ days to break even)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
This is what goxed wrote up for me to update chainminer on a V1 M-board and it worked.

cd ~/

a) mkdir chainminer-temp
b) cd  chainminer-temp
c) wget https://github.com/bfsb/chainminer/archive/master.zip
d) unzip master.zip
e) cd chainminer-master
f) change line 6 in miner.h
  f.1) vim miner.h  (do you use vim?)
  f.2) i
  f.3) change the line
  f.4) Esc
  f.5) wq enter
  f.6) you can try nano otherwise (nano miner.h)
g) make
h) cd ..
i) mv /opt/bitfury/chainminer /opt/bitfury/chainminer_v1_original
j) cp -r chainminer-master /opt/bitfury/chainminer
legendary
I just received 5 new-style cards and the last two in the chain are pooping out after just a few minutes.  I have 2-140mm fans in push-pull configuration but no heatsinks (which I won't bother with).  The bad cards are the last in line on the M board.

I assume they are getting too much voltage and getting hot... or whatever. I'm not a technical person at all, so I really have no idea what to do to get these two cards running as best as they can.  I'm not looking for high OC numbers, just good stable middle-of-the-road hash rates.  I don't want to fuss with them.  I just want them to be reliable.

Any ideas?

if the new cards operate at >0.86V they can be quite near their upper limits. They may need better cooling or slight downvolting (0.85v) to be stable

The card(s) that stop hashing now seems to random.  The card in slot 1 stopped now after I swapped card 4 & 5.  Cards 2-5 continued to hash at a good rate after card 1 stopped.

So I guess I don't even know which cards to reduce the voltage on if it's a different card each time.  Btw, do you know which way to turn the pot to adjust the voltage down?  I don't have a way to measure voltage but since I just want to reduce voltage, I'm not to worried.

EDIT  After restarting CGMiner, now cards 3 & 4 are stopped.  Sad

You are running CGminer?

REally stupmed on how to update my miner software...

Thinking that I'm supposed to be using psftp and to literally overwrite the files located here?:  /opt/bitfury/chainminer
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I just received 5 new-style cards and the last two in the chain are pooping out after just a few minutes.  I have 2-140mm fans in push-pull configuration but no heatsinks (which I won't bother with).  The bad cards are the last in line on the M board.

I assume they are getting too much voltage and getting hot... or whatever. I'm not a technical person at all, so I really have no idea what to do to get these two cards running as best as they can.  I'm not looking for high OC numbers, just good stable middle-of-the-road hash rates.  I don't want to fuss with them.  I just want them to be reliable.

Any ideas?

if the new cards operate at >0.86V they can be quite near their upper limits. They may need better cooling or slight downvolting (0.85v) to be stable

The card(s) that stop hashing now seems to random.  The card in slot 1 stopped now after I swapped card 4 & 5.  Cards 2-5 continued to hash at a good rate after card 1 stopped.

So I guess I don't even know which cards to reduce the voltage on if it's a different card each time.  Btw, do you know which way to turn the pot to adjust the voltage down?  I don't have a way to measure voltage but since I just want to reduce voltage, I'm not to worried.

You are running CGminer?

No, sorry!  Just the miner that is on board.
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Any ideas?

You are running CGminer?
Glow Stick Dance!

Any ideas?

vip
Activity: 472
I'd appreciate it if you'd ship my miners that were supposed to be delivered in October before lowering your prices. So I pay $8000 and get my rig this week/next week. Someone else pays say.. $4000 tomorrow and received their rig just a week later than me? Can you not see how anyone would have an issue with this?

I understand you need to lower your prices, but it is like a slap in the face to October orders that have not been delivered yet. Can $8000 October rig buyers switch their orders for later delivery and get store credit or something?

I've said it before, but maybe should clarify.  New gear at new prices won't go up until (probably) December.  Possibly later.  We have big mines to build, so all the product that could be retailed will be going into that.

Hope that clarifies.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I just received 5 new-style cards and the last two in the chain are pooping out after just a few minutes.  I have 2-140mm fans in push-pull configuration but no heatsinks (which I won't bother with).  The bad cards are the last in line on the M board.

I assume they are getting too much voltage and getting hot... or whatever. I'm not a technical person at all, so I really have no idea what to do to get these two cards running as best as they can.  I'm not looking for high OC numbers, just good stable middle-of-the-road hash rates.  I don't want to fuss with them.  I just want them to be reliable.

Any ideas?

Glow Stick Dance!
I just received 5 new-style cards and the last two in the chain are pooping out after just a few minutes.  I have 2-140mm fans in push-pull configuration but no heatsinks (which I won't bother with).  The bad cards are the last in line on the M board.

I assume they are getting too much voltage and getting hot... or whatever. I'm not a technical person at all, so I really have no idea what to do to get these two cards running as best as they can.  I'm not looking for high OC numbers, just good stable middle-of-the-road hash rates.  I don't want to fuss with them.  I just want them to be reliable.

Any ideas?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
This is the way it is always going to be. If you go to the store and something is cheaper than it was yesterday when you bought it, do you throw a hissy fit? I can understand being pissed for not getting your stuff yet, but not complaining about dropping prices. They should stop selling stuff because you want some time before the price drops? Are all the other sellers going to take a break as well? If you have expectations of profit or fairness you are in the wrong game.

I understand your point of view, and I knew there would be at least several responses along these lines.

"If you go to the store and something is cheaper than it was yesterday when you bought it, do you throw a hissy fit?" When I go to the store here to buy something, it is not a money making machine. I don't see how your example here relates, as buying a TV and buying a Bitcoin miner are two very different purchases for very different purposes.

"I can understand being pissed for not getting your stuff yet" Yes, this is my main grievance.

"but not complaining about dropping prices. They should stop selling stuff because you want some time before the price drops?" The problem is that I will not get ANY time... not even "some time" to mine before the price drops. He is talking about lowering the price and I haven't received anything yet.

"Are all the other sellers going to take a break as well?" - Obviously not, but each manufacturer should try to make it right by their previous customers, otherwise they will not be in business very long. Although this community is growing rapidly, it is still a small community and only so many bitcoin miners looking to purchase equipment. Especially after so many have been burned by previous manufacturers.

"If you have expectations of profit or fairness you are in the wrong game." I'm pretty sure that's why 99% of the people that buy mining equipment are looking for. The problem is, I just want to break even at this point. My expectations of profit went out the window when my Batch 3 Avalons only gained back 50% of their ROI to date (we have lost about 361 BTC up to this point.) All I want is to break even on my bitfury purchase, is that so much to ask?

No, I return it and buy it again, or buy a new one and return it with my day old receipt. Not exactly an option here.
Activity: 512
I plugged in my unit this morning Smiley

Noncerate: 579.391GH/s !!!!! Great job guys it's a very nice product!

Pics please. 
Activity: 351

Awesome hash rate! What are you cooling it with?
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Let's ship Oct orders faster and worry about lower price later Cheesy
Though I'm gonna hashing with it at 400Million, now it's 510M and not shipped.
I'd appreciate it if you'd ship my miners that were supposed to be delivered in October before lowering your prices. So I pay $8000 and get my rig this week/next week. Someone else pays say.. $4000 tomorrow and received their rig just a week later than me? Can you not see how anyone would have an issue with this?

I understand you need to lower your prices, but it is like a slap in the face to October orders that have not been delivered yet. Can $8000 October rig buyers switch their orders for later delivery and get store credit or something?

I agree.  Bitfury needs to protect the network for their October customers for a little while longer.  There will be no future generations worth purchasing if ASIC manufacturers keep irresponsibly moving so much TH out the door.

This is the way it is always going to be. If you go to the store and something is cheaper than it was yesterday when you bought it, do you throw a hissy fit? I can understand being pissed for not getting your stuff yet, but not complaining about dropping prices. They should stop selling stuff because you want some time before the price drops? Are all the other sellers going to take a break as well? If you have expectations of profit or fairness you are in the wrong game.

We're talking about the difference between $8K and $4K.  Not a lamp from wal-mart (which you can price match in 90 days anyway)

It's amazing how rude people are to others.  Yep, fuck fairness.  I got mine so screw everyone else.  You'd be singing a different tune if you were on the outside looking in I'm sure.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust

I understand your point of view, and I knew there would be at least several responses along these lines.

"If you go to the store and something is cheaper than it was yesterday when you bought it, do you throw a hissy fit?" When I go to the store here to buy something, it is not a money making machine. I don't see how your example here relates, as buying a TV and buying a Bitcoin miner are two very different purchases for very different purposes.

"I can understand being pissed for not getting your stuff yet" Yes, this is my main grievance.

"but not complaining about dropping prices. They should stop selling stuff because you want some time before the price drops?" The problem is that I will not get ANY time... not even "some time" to mine before the price drops. He is talking about lowering the price and I haven't received anything yet.

"Are all the other sellers going to take a break as well?" - Obviously not, but each manufacturer should try to make it right by their previous customers, otherwise they will not be in business very long. Although this community is growing rapidly, it is still a small community and only so many bitcoin miners looking to purchase equipment. Especially after so many have been burned by previous manufacturers.

"If you have expectations of profit or fairness you are in the wrong game." I'm pretty sure that's why 99% of the people that buy mining equipment are looking for. The problem is, I just want to break even at this point. My expectations of profit went out the window when my Batch 3 Avalons only gained back 50% of their ROI to date (we have lost about 361 BTC up to this point.) All I want is to break even on my bitfury purchase, is that so much to ask?
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

I agree.  Bitfury needs to protect the network for their October customers for a little while longer.  There will be no future generations worth purchasing if ASIC manufacturers keep irresponsibly moving so much TH out the door.

Pages:
Jump to: