Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch - page 13. (Read 48763 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

After i installed the new wallet 0.4.0c, when i click "setting" in the new wallet it goes blank.
There nothing in the "setting" when i click it, it just empty blank, it that normal?

By the way, i'm on Windows 10

Please try:
1. Close Agama
2. Delete %AppData%\Roaming\Agama\*.* (only the contents of that folder)
3. Restart Agama

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

After i installed the new wallet 0.4.0c, when i click "setting" in the new wallet it goes blank.
There nothing in the "setting" when i click it, it just empty blank, it that normal?

By the way, i'm on Windows 10

Sapling activates at block 227520 - Pre-Sapling activation version, including Stake Guard, Cheat Catcher, and better Multi-coin support in Agama, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Zcash, and Dash by default, as well as most Komodo ecosystem coins. We were not able to get Pirate support into this release, but we will be sure to add support for it in in the Verus enhanced Agama in coming updates.

In addition to basic Sapling support, included in all versions from 0.4.0 on, the 0.4.0c GUI includes support for Sapling compatible, lite mode transactions. 0x03.services, has deployed our updated Electrum servers with Sapling support, as well as helped ensure that all know Verus Pools are ready for the transition, so this update includes ecosystem rollouts for seamless support of lite mode wallets and mining through the transition. For lite mode usage on the Verus Coin or Zcash networks, you will need this version of the wallet.
In addition to Sapling and support for Stake Guard transactions, 0.4.0c also includes a powerful “Cheat Catcher” that can earn you extra Verus by catching cheaters, whenever you are mining or staking. This “Cheat Catcher” identifies stakers who are claiming rewards on more than one version of the blockchain with the same coins, and once found, allows the miner or staker who caught the cheater to spend the cheater’s actual reward if they have won one with that approach. This also means YOU SHOULD NOT STAKE ON THE SAME WALLET WITH MULTIPLE COMPUTERS UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THEY WILL REMAIN COMPLETELY IN SYNC. The new “Cheat Catcher” support requires a Sapling z-address, either passed in to the CLI wallet with the “-cheatcatcher=zaddress” option, or added in the Settings->App config of the enhanced Agama GUI.
Once your cheat catcher address has been set, your full node wallet that is mining OR staking, will also be looking for any forks where the same winning coins may be posted on different forks, signed by the same private key. If you discover such a fork, your wallet will hold the cryptographic proof, and when the coinbase for that staking transaction becomes mature, your wallet will create a transaction with the evidence and use Stake Guard to spend that coinbase to your Sapling address, before the cheater has a chance to spend it.
That means that while staking or mining, anyone who has a Sapling cheat catcher address set, may periodically find an additional shielded coinbase or two in their cheat catching address. Earning cheat catching rewards does not new create coins, but actually takes them from cheaters, so DON’T CHEAT :smiley: ! Earning a cheat catching reward can also occur whether or not you earn a block reward and is available equally across the network to all miners and stakers, not weighted by staking or mining power, but more dependent on who actually sees the fork with cheating on it.
*Version 0.4.0c also fixes the following issues reported in prior versions:
*Some non-Latin usernames cause failure to load
*Wallet balance can get out of sync with blockchain when staking - IF YOUR WALLET IS OUT OF SYNC, YOU CAN RESCAN TO FIX THE PROBLEM.
    For CLI:
        simply add the parameter “-rescan” when starting the daemon.
    For GUI:
        close, wait for the GUI to close, then restart the GUI
        when restarting, select “Activate Coin”, not a dropdown shortcut
        on the “Activate Coin” screen, select “Verus” and select “Native mode”
        choose the “daemon param: rescan” option
        click “Activate Coin”
As usual, all releases are available on the website: https://veruscoin.io/
You can get also get source code from the Verus Coin github at: https://github.com/veruscoin

Morning! Just to be sure, I should ask:
can I keep using Komodo Agama wallet or rather the seed and wifkey for my VERUSCOIN exported with Agama?
the reason why I ask is that Ihave not quite yet understood whether VERUS is a full Komodo clone that will at some point diverge from Komodo or whether it will remain in the same scope of keyspaces... 
and how does the wallet on VRS website:
Agama-linux-x64-v0.4.0a.tar.gz
relate to Agama 43c?

You can still use the same seed and WIF key for both wallets and all Komodo family coins. Verus is not really a clone as much as a friendly fork with its own technology and features. At the same time, we intend to remain compatible with Komodo as an ecosystem coin, meaning we intend to remain compatible with formats and share technologies. Sapling keys, for example are not supported yet in Komodo, but when they are, they will be compatible, as we will work with Komodo to integrate compatible changes. We have our own work on Verus Enhanced Agama, and though we expect a lot of our changes to be picked up by Komodo's Agama, they are also making changes, so there is not 100% overlap. We do pick up changes from them and vice versa. We will either converge changes more regularly or rebrand our version of the GUI wallet at some point with attribution. Until then, you should consider them generally compatible with feature differences, and you will need the Verus enhanced wallet to run Verus.

We are working on a Verus Branded, React Native mobile wallet as well, which will also be compatible with the same seeds and WIF keys. Until that is released, we recommend using the Agama or Pungo wallet on mobile.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

Morning! Just to be sure, I should ask:
can I keep using Komodo Agama wallet or rather the seed and wifkey for my VERUSCOIN exported with Agama?
the reason why I ask is that Ihave not quite yet understood whether VERUS is a full Komodo clone that will at some point diverge from Komodo or whether it will remain in the same scope of keyspaces... 
and how does the wallet on VRS website:
Agama-linux-x64-v0.4.0a.tar.gz
relate to Agama 43c?
List of Verus mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/veruscoin

Nice! Thanks!

Not sure if you're affiliated, but it seems to be missing: http://vrsc.jeepool.com/
Activity: 588
Merit: 1
List of Verus mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/veruscoin
First a couple of the exciting items.  Besides all the improvements and features being activated on Verus at block 227520, this week we completed two very important developments. The first major development is with regards to Electrum server support for Sapling.  In our research we could not find Electrum support for Sapling, so we coded support into the Verus Electrum server, which is being tested now for a smooth transition on lite wallets. Secondly, we didn’t find an open source solution for upgrading pool software, so we also took on the task of coding support for Sapling into our pool software. Not only does the pool software in VerusCoin github repos now fully support Sapling, it will activate seamlessly at block 227520 for Verus and as open source.  This means it can even be used by other projects who are implementing Sapling! It's difficult to adequately communicate the gravity of moving all ecosystem software over in synchrony with our small community team. It was a significant effort and positions us to have full Sapling support throughout our technology.

We also need to share a couple items that aren't so exciting, but we believe it’s important to let everyone in the community know about imperfect situations as well as successes.

One of the things we love about Verus is the active and supportive community. It's also easy in such a positive environment as this to let our guard down. Unfortunately I personally made such a mistake with regards to the Stex listing. The good news is, we are approved for listing as we announced and VRSC/BTC pairing is coming soon. The bad news is that the messages and email we received asking for 0.2 BTC for the listing was spoofed and by the time we heard back from the real Stex, our payment of .2 BTC had been sent to the scammer’s BTC address. As it turns out, Stex has progressed significantly since they were a stocks exchange.  They have mobile trading apps for Android and IOS, and are now offering USD, GBP, EUR, and JPY markets as well, though listing fees for those are out of our range at this time. It also turns out that the actual listing price for Stex will be 1 BTC, not the 0.2 BTC that the scammers led us to believe. The community donated immediately and generously for the listing, and the Verus Coin Foundation is willing to make up the difference.

This sort of thing happens all the time in these types of projects, but we wanted to be fully open with our community about this occurrence. Also, as this is the first instance of a real scam connected to our Discord, we want to remind all of us to keep our guards up while still recognizing and appreciating what an incredible community we are.

Lastly, although we are absorbing this hit on the Foundation level, we are willing to refund anyone who donated and feels unhappy about this situation. As mentioned, the actual fee to list is 1 BTC and we will be paying the difference of donations and the fee from the Foundation, as we believe this listing is important, as is following through on our commitment to the community. Ultimately, we believe that moving forward with Stex will be the best move for Verus, the project, and the community.

The second item I’d like to discuss is the block height vs the date of October 28. Those of you who did the math have no doubt noticed block height 227520 lands us at right about 8:30 PM EDT on October 30 for the activation of Sapling.  When first coding Sapling into the Verus code I set this block height to allow a couple days of buffer, in case we found issues while we were testing things, etc. As it turned out, we did not need the buffer and our intent was to update this number to land us directly on October 28 before releasing the upgrade. The task of setting that number back the 2 days was mine, and it simply fell through the cracks, as I was focused on functionality and the importance of the coding and testing to be thorough and completed in time. It was only quite recently that I realized the issue myself and once the working software has been released that isn’t something we can now change.

What this means is Verus will still activate at block 227520, as originally stated, with all features described, however that is actually going to occur on October 30 at ~8:30 PM EDT.  This is not a problem of course, and we did release Sapling support, a solution for nothing at stake that allows all of us to earn more by catching stake cheaters with plenty of time to hit an earlier date. At the same time, these are corrections to what we’ve explained so far and we wanted to talk about it and let the community know the adjusted target date of activation.

Looking ahead to this coming week, we hope you will join us in celebrating new capabilities and the activation of arguably the most technically advanced blockchain running today, as we welcome these exciting new Verus technologies when they activate on Tuesday!

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this announcement further, please join us in the #general-discussion channel on our Discord: https://discord.gg/YqnhueF.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
I want to ensure that I will do all correctly...

To "shield" coinbase transactions before I can use them I have to:
1) Create a private z-address. It's a 78 characters address beginning with "z" letter.
2) On the "Send" screen I have to check "Shield all recent coinbase transaction", enter a private address created on the 1st step and then click on "Shield Funds" button.

After this step all my mature coinbase transactions that must be shielded will be sent to the private address and then I should send them back to any of my public addresses?

And what if I will mistake and enter wrong z-address on the 2st step? I will lose all my mined coins? Or there will be an error?
Activity: 658
Merit: 534
Trying to send coins in Agama wallet but get an error:
"An unknown error occured, if you are sending mined funds, check that you have shielded them to a private address before attempting to send"
WTF???

The rule for coinbases on Verus, Zcash, and a number of other coins with zk-SNARKs, is that you must "shield" your coinbase transactions before you can use them, by sending them entirely to a z-address first, then back to a t-address. the Wallet has a shield all recent coinbases option, but you must make a private address (use legacy until Sapling activates) before you will see the option in the send screen. it is possible to send the entire amount to a z-address manually, but the easiest way to do it is by using the automatic shield coinbase option on the send screen.
What is the "the automatic shield coinbase option" on the send screen?
There are only 2 options:
1) "Send from the private address". I created private address but there is 0 balance on it. Should I send coins to this address?
2) "Shield all recent coinbase transactions". If I understand correctly, when enabling this option all coins will be send to the private address?

For #2, it will only select mature coinbase transactions that must be shielded and leave all other transactions alone.
What are the "mature coinbase transactions" that must be shielded? All mined coins must be shielded?
Where can I read information about that in details?

mature means they have gone through the required confirmations. Yea you just send them to your shielded address and then send them back.
"An unknown error occured, if you are sending mined funds, check that you have shielded them to a private address before attempting to send"
WTF???

The rule for coinbases on Verus, Zcash, and a number of other coins with zk-SNARKs, is that you must "shield" your coinbase transactions before you can use them, by sending them entirely to a z-address first, then back to a t-address. the Wallet has a shield all recent coinbases option, but you must make a private address (use legacy until Sapling activates) before you will see the option in the send screen. it is possible to send the entire amount to a z-address manually, but the easiest way to do it is by using the automatic shield coinbase option on the send screen.
1) "Send from the private address". I created private address but there is 0 balance on it. Should I send coins to this address?
2) "Shield all recent coinbase transactions". If I understand correctly, when enabling this option all coins will be send to the private address?

For #2, it will only select mature coinbase transactions that must be shielded and leave all other transactions alone.
What are the "mature coinbase transactions" that must be shielded? All mined coins must be shielded?
Where can I read information about that in details?
WTF???

WTF???

WTF???

WTF???
Activity: 658
Merit: 534
Is it safe to trade on Digitalprice Exchange www.digitalprice.io?
Can't find any information about it...
I see there was problems with VSRC coins there... (Now fixed?)
But were there any issues with deposit/withdraw btc?

All the issues have been resolved, and its been working good.
Is it safe to trade on Digitalprice Exchange www.digitalprice.io?
Can't find any information about it...
I see there was problems with VSRC coins there... (Now fixed?)
But were there any issues with deposit/withdraw btc?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Tell me, step by step instructions for solo extraction on GPU Huh
How to encrypt wallet in Agama app?
Helloo Dev, what is the mining block reward?

Mining and staking block rewards are 24 right now, with the next halving in about 2 years. You can also earn rewards by catching proof of stake cheaters when the Verus Sapling compatible protocol activates. Cheat Catching is not actually creating new coins, just using proof that a previous staker cheated by staking the same coins on the main chain as well as one or more orphans to spend the reward they received on the main chain before they can. When mining and staking after Sapling activates, those full nodes who have set a sapling cheat catcher address will sometimes receive an extra coinbase shielded to their Sapling address.
Pages:
Jump to: