Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch - page 39. (Read 48752 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hey, I started the daemon, but it seems to be syncing the komodo chain. The daemon is komodod?
Activity: 42
Yes after the failure the funds are still visible in the z-address, I only shielded my mined funds to the z-address.

Did you leave room for the fee by subtracting 0.0001 from the total, or send much less than the amount?

Tested it with all possible amounts, even with only 1 VRSC it shows this error message.

Can you try the following:
1. Close the wallet software
2. Backup your wallet - on Windows, it is in \Users\\AppData\Komodo\VRSC\ as a file named wallet.dat, on linux ~/.komodo/VRSC/ .
3. Delete everything in that VRSC directory, except VRSC.conf and wallet.dat (it should be fine, just good to backup before deleting anything in that directory)
4. Reload the wallet and wait until sync
5. Confirm your balances

It's likely that will solve the problem, and if so, you had some corruption in your local chain state.

I have done the needed steps but I can not send even 1 VRSC, screenshot: https://snag.gy/eYXw2V.jpg

Please help
Activity: 175
Merit: 12
mining in wallet under linux doesnt work

Are you using the GUI wallet? Many of us have been using that wallet. What specifically is the problem? Can you describe it?

Hello, do you find out the error, that comfirmation > 100, the coin still not transfer to the balance?

Hi, Verus is emitting very large rewards right now, and at 192 reward or above, all coinbase transactions are randomly time locked for a period of from 3 months to 2 years and 3 months from the genesis block. Rewards will go up to 384 in the next couple days, then stay there for one month, releasing all randomly time locked coin bases. One more month at 192 will also be time locked. After that, the next month will be 96, not time locked, which will mature normally after 100 blocks, then one month at 48, one month at 24, then halving every two years. Blocks to maturity on time locked transactions show when it will be released.
Activity: 30

Are you using the GUI wallet? Many of us have been using that wallet. What specifically is the problem? Can you describe it?

Hello, do you find out the error, that comfirmation > 100, the coin still not transfer to the balance?

Activity: 430
Merit: 22
Professional user
Interesting project. Since I am not able to mine I would like to buy some coins. However it seems it is not listed anywhere yet. The opening post is also focusing on the description on the project and lacks of information like roadmap, exchanges, etc. So does the website. Hope those information will be added to the OP soon.

We will work on getting on solid exchanges, and we will help pools as well as are likely to run a community pool ourselves. Pools will have to wait until after time locks are off, I believe. We are working to get into Barterdex as soon as possible, and depending on volume, we would be happy to get onto other major exchanges.
We want to thank all of you for the incredible support we received on Verus Coin’s launch. We’d like to discuss how it went from our perspective, apologize for not being available to help everyone as much as we would have liked, and talk about a major incident we’ve had (don’t worry, it doesn’t affect the chain’s operation or your coins) and what we’re planning to do about it.

First, what went well:
We took MUCH, MUCH more hashpower than we ever expected on our launch, and both the proof of work and proof of stake algorithms worked beautifully as designed.
Since both are brand new algorithms written from scratch, borrowing some averaging techniques from zawy, and a quantum secure Haraka512 v2 core for the CPU-hash algorithm, we couldn’t have been more pleased to see them prove themselves in a blast furnace so early in the game.
In this first part of our launch, we have had literally thousands of computers mining. Thousands of connections, many thousands of cores, and people obviously spent some significant money to mine what they got. We all experienced how hard it was to get a block. Based on transactions we saw that looked like they were coming from some very big miners, I’d be very surprised if this was done by botnets, but we can’t know for sure.

So, what did we learn that will require change? Primarily, we learned that we can’t predict the world’s response, and even when you think you’ve planned for everything, it can surprise you. Like you, we were very surprised at the amount of hash power pointed at our network from launch onward. It’s great that we were noticed and appreciated so much, even when that wasn’t our first priority. Our goal was a truly fair launch, and we achieved that. We also believed that we’d be able to mine enough coins on our own to allow us to get through the early days with enough coins to keep the project going for many years, and see our vision realized. We designed fair algorithms, made a launch plan, implemented seamless time-locks to guard against any possible pump and dump, prepared our mining equipment, provided notice, and launched.

We all know what happened next. Some number of people decided that something about our coin was different. We believe so too, so we can’t fault people for recognizing. We immediately started with bigger response than expected, but we just smiled and mined. Then came more power, our first gigahash, but we mined and staked. Then more power, before we knew it we were at 3 GH/s on the network, eventually surpassing 10 GH/s, and we were starting to believe our plan to support the project by investing in a fair launch was at risk. By the second day, we realized that without significantly increasing our mining budget, we would get very little, certainly not enough to fund our coin development for one year, let alone many, regardless of how it succeeds. We made the decision to spend personal money that we hadn’t budgeted to commission more outside servers, which we did. Unfortunately, in the process of doing that, we set ourselves up for an infrastructure error of our own. In the end, we did mine enough coins for us to believe that we could move forward, get to the next phase, and create a truly fair coin, without a dev fee or founders reward, but with enough forethought to have funding for its development in place.

This morning, I was preparing to write a completely positive message to all of you, apologizing that I couldn’t answer more questions earlier, answering, and announcing a wallet update for tomorrow. I’m going to answer the outstanding questions, but first...

This happened... Due to an error on the infrastructure side, all of the wallets that we mined to from funds we spent personally, the majority of what we mined, are gone. Really, truly, gone. One member of our team took it so hard that we started to worry about him, but before you get concerned, he’s ok. We considered what options we had to deal with this. Generally, we wanted this chain to be fair, pure, and to have absolute integrity. Everyone can make mistakes, and we will have updates as we improve, but we believed a fair coin could be launched thoughtfully, giving everyone equal opportunity, and in a way that could support its development through its growth in value over time.

If we do not have a way to recover our coins, we do not know how to sustain the realization of the Verus vision. Most of the coins we mined, we had planned to put towards future development. So, we have come up with a plan that we believe respects the fairness we intended in this launch, and enables us to move forward. We know how to recognize our lost transactions. We will make an update that will allow us to spend those and only those specific transactions to our development wallet, and we will roll out that update, move our transactions back into addresses that we control, preserve all other earnings and transactions, not modify the total supply, not change anything else, and put ourselves back in a position to carry the project forward. We will not touch any transactions that were not ours, meaning we spent our fiat funds to get by mining or staking along with you. We will not change the supply. We will not roll back and put your hard earned mining rewards at risk. We will identify and recover our transactions, no more. We have already done a post mortem, and I can assure you that an error like this will never happen again.

As believers in blockchain and what it really means, we understand that some might see this as violating immutability. I can only answer this with the following:
1. These are our transactions. We paid more than we had expected to mine them, and they don’t belong to anyone else.
2. We will not change the coin supply or any other transactions, nor will we rollback the chain, and most of all…
3. We want to work for the community and realize what we know this coin can become. This puts us at a crossroads where if we don’t take this action, we don’t know how to move the Verus project forward.

We hope everyone who cares about Verus and it’s potentially very bright future sees this as a good solution, one that selectively returns a major portion of the development team’s earned resources necessary to complete the vision to the rightful owners. We will roll out a new wallet within the next two days, which will contain a solution for this issue as well as fix some issues that were discovered during the launch.

We appreciate the incredible response from all of you, dedicated small and large miners alike. We hope that everyone can support our plan, so we can move forward together with a community powered coin that we hope to take the the next level and far beyond.

Thank you,
The Verus Team
Activity: 41

I can't (read: don't want to) open that URL because it has a self signed SSL certificate, it seems. Can you maybe install a real one (use certbot from let's encrypt, it's free!), so we know that our connection isn't hijacked?

Thanks Smiley

Please solve the https problem, thanks!

I'm bumping this, since it seems quite simple to solve and seems important (for some users, including me). Thank you for taking the time to address this.

Thank you. We are going to look into your suggestion, but we have had some things come up. Also to address a few other questions quickly before we post an update:

1. The person who posted a photo asking "what is this?", you were lucky and staked two blocks!
2. Those asking about encrypted wallet support, I will get back to you. I believe we should have no trouble to enable that, but I'm not sure of the time frame.
3. People asking about not being able to send from a z-address... I'm not questioning if it happened, but we haven't seen that problem, and there were a lot of z-transactions over the past couple days. Please PM me, and we can discuss.

We are about to post an update on the launch and what we're planning going forward. It was incredible to see how well our system and its new algorithms worked under pressure. We also appreciate jl777's comments about what we've achieved. The Komodo platform gave us a solid, comprehensive base from which to build our technology, and their team has been great and super supportive. We couldn't be happier that we chose Komodo as a base upon which to develop our technology, and we hope to bring significant value to the Komodo ecosystem as we grow and contribute technology back for others to use.
Activity: 30
Looks like right now, the balance will not raise, the coin adds to the balance when the confirmation reaches 100 before, now, it never adds to the balance now, was this the reason the network droped from 15G to 5G now?
Activity: 2
Activity: 42
Where can I buy VRSC?

Interesting project. Since I am not able to mine I would like to buy some coins. However it seems it is not listed anywhere yet. The opening post is also focusing on the description on the project and lacks of information like roadmap, exchanges, etc. So does the website. Hope those information will be added to the OP soon.

I have a few, please PM me if interested.
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
it should be available in barterDEX network next month
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
FYI you cannot compile this wallet on a machine that does not have the AES instruction set available (of which most virtual machines don't)
Likely it means that to GPU mine it, it will need the equivalent to the AES instructions, so it seems that GPU might not get much of an advantage over CPU.

It seems we have a brand new CPU hashing and it has been quite effective so far

Don't worry, I managed to get it to compile properly.

However, it is just regular komodo with some extra hash functions built into it. The wallet executable is even called komodod and the default coin is KMD, and it also has a bunch of asset chains for KMD in there as well, all of which work as normal.

The compiled wallet in the OP seems like an Agama wallet with the asset chain parameters built in, however the VerusCoin wallet from the github source does not have any of these parameters (other than a few 'test' bits for VRSC and VERUSTEST). Is this coin a Komodo asset chain using a different algorithm? If so, how can one use the Komodo wallet to mine if the chain parameters aren't included?
yes it is an enhanced assetchain

dev branch
./komodod -ac_name=VRSC -ac_algo=verushash -ac_cc=1 -ac_veruspos=50 -ac_supply=0 -ac_eras=3 -ac_reward=0,38400000000,2400000000 -ac_halving=1,43200,1051920 -ac_decay=100000000,0,0 -ac_end=10080,226080,0 -ac_timelockgte=19200000000 -ac_timeunlockfrom=129600 -ac_timeunlockto=1180800 -addnode=185.25.48.236 -addnode=185.64.105.111 -gen -genproclimit=6
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
Activity: 130
When I read it the information above on this project, it looks like a comprehensive information, and I want to track it and maybe invest a little soon, hoping to make a good profit.
egretia
Activity: 298
Merit: 100
hashbag.cc
FYI you cannot compile this wallet on a machine that does not have the AES instruction set available (of which most virtual machines don't)
Likely it means that to GPU mine it, it will need the equivalent to the AES instructions, so it seems that GPU might not get much of an advantage over CPU.

Don't worry, I managed to get it to compile properly.

However, it is just regular komodo with some extra hash functions built into it. The wallet executable is even called komodod and the default coin is KMD, and it also has a bunch of asset chains for KMD in there as well, all of which work as normal.

The compiled wallet in the OP seems like an Agama wallet with the asset chain parameters built in, however the VerusCoin wallet from the github source does not have any of these parameters (other than a few 'test' bits for VRSC and VERUSTEST). Is this coin a Komodo asset chain using a different algorithm? If so, how can one use the Komodo wallet to mine if the chain parameters aren't included?
Activity: 1622
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Wallets and all that is needed to mine and stake: https://veruscoin.io

There is nothing there.
Only on http://veruscoin.io
Is it official non https site?

Pages:
Jump to: