Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch - page 37. (Read 48763 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello, I can't build using instructions on github. I clone the wallet repo. The only daemon I see if komodod. I start it and it syncs komodo chain.

I fixed an issue that was in a build after release last night. You'll want to make sure you have a build from after that. I've implemented our chain as a significantly enhanced Komodo asset chain, and our komodod works for Verus as well as all of the other Komodo family coins. The command line to start verus, which will be checked in soon, is:

./komodod -ac_name=VRSC -ac_algo=verushash -ac_cc=1 -ac_veruspos=50 -ac_supply=0 -ac_eras=3 -ac_reward=0,38400000000,2400000000 -ac_halving=1,43200,1051920 -ac_decay=100000000,0,0 -ac_end=10080,226080,0 -ac_timelockgte=19200000000 -ac_timeunlockfrom=129600 -ac_timeunlockto=1180800 -addnode=185.25.48.72 -addnode=185.25.48.236 -addnode=185.64.105.111

Then followed with whatever parameters you'd want.

There's also a bash script in veruscoin/src/fiat/verus, where you will want to change the name from VERUSTEST to VRSC, and I've noticed that it needs chmod +x as well. You can use that as the client, with the parameters above as the server.

I have when trying to start with those parameters.
Code:
./komodod -ac_name=VRSC -ac_algo=verushash -ac_cc=1 -ac_veruspos=50 -ac_supply=0 -ac_eras=3 -ac_reward=0,38400000000,2400000000 -ac_halving=1,43200,1051920 -ac_decay=100000000,0,0 -ac_end=10080,226080,0 -ac_timelockgte=19200000000 -ac_timeunlockfrom=129600 -ac_timeunlockto=1180800 -addnode=185.25.48.72 -addnode=185.25.48.236 -addnode=185.64.105.111
ASSETCHAINS_ALGO, algorithm set to verushash
perc.0
ERA0: end.10080 reward.0 halving.1 decay.100000000
ERA1: end.226080 reward.38400000000 halving.43200 decay.0
ERA2: end.0 reward.2400000000 halving.1051920 decay.0
call komodo_args.(./komodod) NOTARY_PUBKEY.()
>>>>>>>>>> VRSC: p2p.27485 rpc.27486 magic.e2588aad 3797453485 0 coins
initialized VRSC at 1527232669
finished loading blocks VRSC
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Activity: 476
Merit: 133
If there is a list of the specific utxos that the devs mined that nobody else is able to spend, then it seems that their story (as unlikely as it sounds) is the most plausible explanation.

They claim they scrambled to use AWS instances (which anybody else was also able to do) and botched it. Doesnt reflect too well on their ability to manage AWS instances, so it is a good thing this coin isnt about managing AWS instances.

This is a brand new coin and relatively speaking most of the moving parts have worked. If what they claim is true, we are talking about the dev team's coins that they mined paying premium rates via AWS. It seems to me it is in the interest of all that they are able to access their coins, as long as they really did mine them. After all do we want a dev team with more or less funds?

I suggest we wait to see the list of utxos, make sure none of them are still actively being spent and that nobody is able to show they can spend any of the utxo. In this case there are no new coins being created, nobody is losing coins, I can only see one problem that makes it a bit unfair.

It seems that others that paid big prices for AWS might feel it is unfair that they cant get an advantage due to the dev teams mistakes. If there are any such large AWS miners that feel this way and prefer that the dev team not have enough funds to continue development, let them come forward and present their case.

From what I can tell 100,000 VRSC would have cost quite a lot of money and it shows very good potential for this project that the devs decided to do it. I dont think they are quite telling how severely it would be hurting the project if they cant recoup these coins.

Activity: 175
Merit: 12
Hey, VerusCoin, I need your little time here, buddy.

A little confuse here, by all I understand, all the coins that I mined above 192 locked randomly now, but they will all released to balance by the end of the 384 month? Or they will still keep locked by 3moths-2years no matter how?

Hi jackbtc1,
They will release sometime between the next 3 months from now and 2 years and 3 months from now. Exactly when is uniformly random over that time period.
Activity: 30
Hey, VerusCoin, I need your little time here, buddy.

A little confuse here, by all I understand, all the coins that I mined above 192 locked randomly now, but they will all released to balance by the end of the 384 month? Or they will still keep locked by 3moths-2years no matter how?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Yes after the failure the funds are still visible in the z-address, I only shielded my mined funds to the z-address.

Did you leave room for the fee by subtracting 0.0001 from the total, or send much less than the amount?

Tested it with all possible amounts, even with only 1 VRSC it shows this error message.

Can you try the following:
1. Close the wallet software
2. Backup your wallet - on Windows, it is in \Users\\AppData\Komodo\VRSC\ as a file named wallet.dat, on linux ~/.komodo/VRSC/ .
3. Delete everything in that VRSC directory, except VRSC.conf and wallet.dat (it should be fine, just good to backup before deleting anything in that directory)
4. Reload the wallet and wait until sync
5. Confirm your balances

It's likely that will solve the problem, and if so, you had some corruption in your local chain state.

I have done the needed steps but I can not send even 1 VRSC, screenshot: https://snag.gy/eYXw2V.jpg

Please help

Anybody? Verus? Btw i can transfer funds beteeen z addresses but cant transfer to transparent one

Hi,
I may know what the problem is and if so, there is a fix in the coming wallet. Do you only have money in z-addresses and not t? If so, that will be fixed shortly. I will PM you with something to try.

Thx for your reply. Yes, only on z addresses now. Thanks!

Hi, I can't PM you. We have intermediate builds that are likely to fix the issue, but they are not considered released. You can try one from my google drive:
Windows: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iLwcq3rP3U3agIY4tDtymqH7VxKAVmwJ
Mac: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18CPZFZ7l8c2praj-XJTeAh9zplGwMC3p
Linux: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ovCJVMY8Eg1NoEq8O73i8AfPOrUExfn8

I hope this helps.

Thanks! It's work!
thats fine, we just want proof, and im 100% sure you guys know roughly how much is owed to you..............so, how much

I don't actually know. I know its something over 100,000, but I've been focused on development of the code and not the mining systems. The person who does or will know exactly is sleeping, and after what he went through today, we're going to need to wait until tomorrow to know for sure.

so youre telling me you mined 100,000 coins? you have to be kidding right? ive got a $2,000 1950x AMD Ryzen Threadripper (16 Core, 32 threads) on this 12 MH/s and ive mined approx 3,000 coins from the start, how the hell do you think you have 100,000 of them mined already.

im sorry but this is dodgy as.

They said maybe 100000+, that means, they need over like 500+ E5 2680 computer to mining from the start, that's insane, the team need prove to all the miners

30-500 computers, didn't backup the wallet.dat, but somehow kept track of all the transactions. Please at least explain more of what happened.

Yes, does not make any sense at all

This is what we'll do to allay any skepticism. These are our transactions, and we will post a list of transaction ids. If anyone can spend one of those, then it is not ours. No one will be able to because they are ours. They have proof of work or proof of stake proof, and that can't be faked. That is definitive proof that we will provide.
Activity: 30
thats fine, we just want proof, and im 100% sure you guys know roughly how much is owed to you..............so, how much

I don't actually know. I know its something over 100,000, but I've been focused on development of the code and not the mining systems. The person who does or will know exactly is sleeping, and after what he went through today, we're going to need to wait until tomorrow to know for sure.

so youre telling me you mined 100,000 coins? you have to be kidding right? ive got a $2,000 1950x AMD Ryzen Threadripper (16 Core, 32 threads) on this 12 MH/s and ive mined approx 3,000 coins from the start, how the hell do you think you have 100,000 of them mined already.

They said maybe 100000+, that means, they need over like 500+ E5 2680 computer to mining from the start, that's insane, the team need prove to all the miners

30-500 computers, didn't backup the wallet.dat, but somehow kept track of all the transactions. Please at least explain more of what happened.

Yes, does not make any sense at all
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Yes after the failure the funds are still visible in the z-address, I only shielded my mined funds to the z-address.

Did you leave room for the fee by subtracting 0.0001 from the total, or send much less than the amount?

Tested it with all possible amounts, even with only 1 VRSC it shows this error message.

2. Backup your wallet - on Windows, it is in \Users\\AppData\Komodo\VRSC\ as a file named wallet.dat, on linux ~/.komodo/VRSC/ .
3. Delete everything in that VRSC directory, except VRSC.conf and wallet.dat (it should be fine, just good to backup before deleting anything in that directory)
5. Confirm your balances

It's likely that will solve the problem, and if so, you had some corruption in your local chain state.

I have done the needed steps but I can not send even 1 VRSC, screenshot: https://snag.gy/eYXw2V.jpg

Please help

Anybody? Verus? Btw i can transfer funds beteeen z addresses but cant transfer to transparent one

Hi,
I may know what the problem is and if so, there is a fix in the coming wallet. Do you only have money in z-addresses and not t? If so, that will be fixed shortly. I will PM you with something to try.

pm me too. same problem with transfer from z-address. all coins on z-address.

5. Confirm your balances

Please help

Hi,

Hi, I can't PM you. We have intermediate builds that are likely to fix the issue, but they are not considered released. You can try one from my google drive:
[edit: I deleted these links because they will fork at height 10080, we will release the actual update tomorrow, which will be a critical update that will activate on Tuesday. Please upgrade ASAP, especially if you have these intermediate wallets. If they cause you to fork, I can help you get back on.]

I hope this helps.
what part of fair launch says that this is fair?

devs prep themselves, getting amazon servers ready prior to launch, mine +100,000 coins not enabling ANYONE else to mine their coin fairly, suddenly they lose these coins somehow and now want to hardfork to get them selves another +100,000 coins because of their stuff up.

good luck....

how you think this is a fair launch is beyond me........

We commissioned those servers AFTER the larger miners were on, and we were never able to get near the hash power of some other miners, so I'm sure we weren't the only ones who had to use Amazon.
Activity: 42

5. Confirm your balances

Please help

Hi,

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
no wonder no one could find any blocks, because you devs were hogging the whole lot! so all in all , devs have 20% premine

lol
what part of fair launch says that this is fair?

devs prep themselves, getting amazon servers ready prior to launch, mine +100,000 coins not enabling ANYONE else to mine their coin fairly, suddenly they lose these coins somehow and now want to hardfork to get them selves another +100,000 coins because of their stuff up.

good luck....

how you think this is a fair launch is beyond me........
can i ask you one thing, what cpus did you use to mine +100,000 coins?

72 core c5.18xlarge amazon servers.

5. Confirm your balances

Please help

Hi,
can i ask you one thing, what cpus did you use to mine +100,000 coins?
a fair launch? i doubt that, when you claim to have 1/6th of all the coins mined you make yourself look silly

Bitwookie, you've been claiming false accusations since the beginning, first claiming that we were GPU mining on a new CPU-only algo made specifically to prevent that possibility, when we were dealing with the same issues as everyone in hash rate. I've explained our position fairly, and if you cared about the value of the coin, as we do, I would think you'd support us getting our fair share, not falsely accusing more. We paid more money than we expected for the same reasons others found mining hard, as I told you. I've tried to be open with you, but I should not have to because these transactions are ours. We paid for the computer power, and we mined them, just like any other miner. What is your goal? Just troll and falsely accuse? We have been honest. If you can't see that, I'm sorry.
Activity: 42

5. Confirm your balances

Please help

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

a fair launch? i doubt that, when you claim to have 1/6th of all the coins mined you make yourself look silly
Pages:
Jump to: