Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 123. (Read 825850 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
ah,,,, yes it is there.. just no icon, just a white square... Thanks..
Activity: 88
there seems to be a problem with the Viacoin Core version v0.10.6.1 (64-bit) -- it does not minimize to the tray on close, check all the settings and they are correct.. once i hit the X, the only way I can reopen the wallet is C+A+D, end the process and restart.. then it wants to synchroonize all over again..  Huh

anybody have Ideas? or should I go to the 32 bit wallet?

It seems the icon on the taskbar doesn't show up. Its there, but there's no icon. Because of this, I just minimize to tray.
there seems to be a problem with the Viacoin Core version v0.10.6.1 (64-bit) -- it does not minimize to the tray on close, check all the settings and they are correct.. once i hit the X, the only way I can reopen the wallet is C+A+D, end the process and restart.. then it wants to synchroonize all over again..  Huh

anybody have Ideas? or should I go to the 32 bit wallet?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Viacoin is the world-first digital currency which supports CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY. Shocked
"BIP65 CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY provides a reliable way to make payments which are not spendable until a certain time in the future. This technology has a vast array of applications include hub and spoke micropayments, complex escrow and can even replace the need for lawyers in inheritance trusts."
"Merged mining and CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY will be activated from block 598,725 which should occur around 7th January 2015."

Viacoin is the test of BTC new technology, what a great pioneer.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Viacoin is the world-first digital currency which supports CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY. Shocked
"BIP65 CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY provides a reliable way to make payments which are not spendable until a certain time in the future. This technology has a vast array of applications include hub and spoke micropayments, complex escrow and can even replace the need for lawyers in inheritance trusts."
"Merged mining and CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY will be activated from block 598,725 which should occur around 7th January 2015."
legendary
Activity: 1064
Upgraded & currently reindexing. Thanks for the hard work btcdrak.

Let's see how long Cryptsy will take to upgrade this time..

Please note that Viacoin 0.10.6 also contains all the fixes and featuers added to Bitcoin Core 0.10 (which will release shortly). It's literally the most up to date of all Bitcoin forks.
Activity: 88
Upgraded & currently reindexing. Thanks for the hard work btcdrak.

Let's see how long Cryptsy will take to upgrade this time..
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Funny,  that relying on Bitcoin proof of work for network security is also being considered a long term disadvantage, but I'm not sure how that relates to Viacoin maybe advantages of embedded consensus! ... would be nice if someone could explain that, a little.

Interesting links, thanks.
As far as I can see this point of view is heavily influenced by NXT fanboys.  They try to push their own platform..

I believe that high enough transaction volume is necessary to sustain Bitcoin security in the future. At this moment BTC (and Via) security is financed by inflation. This also helps distribution. If there are few Btc transactions in the future then crypto is a failure. I don't see any bright future for NXT in such a case either..

Does anyone here use the exchange bleutrade?  I see they don't have Via trading and was looking to see how to go about requesting they add the coin

No, I prefer poloniex and bittrex, never use this site, it has a few volumes.

Think about xch applications. If you, a company, want to build your business model upon a 2.0 app you would demand security. I could even imagine that such a move was considered from the beginning. Now its possible due to multiple merge mining support from pools. See VIA/XCH long-term vision unfold Smiley

Yeah, that makes complete sense, thanks..
[/quote]

Network security, in comparison to Bitcoin is listed as a disadvantage for Viacoin on the Overstock wiki, so yes I would say part of a long term vision. also users having to stay logged in to trade VIA on the decentralized exchange, Counterparty removed BTC pairing for that reason. https://o.info/index.php/How_to_Issue_a_Cryptosecurity_using_ClearingHouse

Funny,  that relying on Bitcoin proof of work for network security is also being considered a long term disadvantage, but I'm not sure how that relates to Viacoin maybe advantages of embedded consensus! ... would be nice if someone could explain that, a little.

https://o.info/index.php/How_to_issue_a_cryptosecurity#Relying_on_Proof_of_Work
[/quote]

Good links, I see Overstock discussed many crypto currencies, it shows VIA/XCH's disadvantage is:

1.Users have to stay logged in to sell VIA on the decentralized exchange
2.Viacoin has lower network security, when compared to Bitcoin.

I think merged mining is helpful to enhance network security. Maybe in the future, Overstock will use both XCP and XCH Grin
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
VIA was always cool i made good profits on it - but i way out way before clearinghouse went live

[/quote]

Think about xch applications. If you, a company, want to build your business model upon a 2.0 app you would demand security. I could even imagine that such a move was considered from the beginning. Now its possible due to multiple merge mining support from pools. See VIA/XCH long-term vision unfold Smiley
[/quote]

Yeah, that makes complete sense, thanks..
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
I will be adding Viacoin to my multipool/merged mining pool for mining purposes as soon as the new daemon is completed.

DEV = Please contact me to have VIA listed as a buyable coin. (Example: Mine any available algo, get paid in VIA) Check the pool, listed in my signature.  Wink

This would be great !  Smiley
Activity: 448
what is the real advantage for merged mining? it didn't help doge, from a small miners perspective, just pretty much pushed all us little guys out and made it uninteresting to mine, is this pretty much just for security? I only have 150mhs so I wonder what coins it will mine with and if it will stay interesting..

More network Hash. More people hashing means a more secure network.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
what is the real advantage for merged mining? it didn't help doge, from a small miners perspective, just pretty much pushed all us little guys out and made it uninteresting to mine, is this pretty much just for security? I only have 150mhs so I wonder what coins it will mine with and if it will stay interesting..

More network Hash. More people hashing means a more secure network.
Activity: 448
 :
Nice to see that Viacoin should be getting CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY at same time as merged mining within "a few weeks"

https://twitter.com/viacoin/status/546356198984142848

Shocked
Jump to: