Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 128. (Read 825850 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
How about merged mining? When will it be implemented? I think merged mining is very helpful to Viacoin
legendary
Activity: 1064
What's Bitcoin UTXO set?

Unspent Transaction Outputs, it's a database of what is spendable.
Is Viacoin based on  Bitcoin UTXO set ?

Reason I ask is because I'm reading a paper titled Accelerating Bitcoin's Transaction Processing (Fast Money Grows on Trees, Not Chains)
and in a thread related to the paper Peter Todd discusses the idea of a treecoin merge-mined with Bitcoin, that could eventually lead to a "pure" Bitcoin implementation. It's a fascinating read.

Just dice also sounds like fun

What's Bitcoin UTXO set?
Hei, guys. Talking to dooglus, let him add viacoin to just-dice.com, which was the best dice site.

Massiva adoption, gogogo!!!
legendary
Please, no price talk.
OK, we talk about the project and future,
dev should update the process.

Karmala is publishing bi-weekly updates on reddit. That is enough.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
Please, no price talk.
OK, we talk about the project and future,
dev should update the process.
 Just-Dice.com Relaunched! With CLAM!   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/just-dicecom-relaunched-with-clam-884724

Guys, come here to ask just-dice.com owner to add viacoin!

Just-Dice.com can add CLAMcoin, I think they can also add viacoin to their dice game. If many via fans ask they add VIA.

Massive adoption!!! Let's do!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/dooglus-3420  Let's contact dooglus, he is just-dice's owner. I just sent him a PM

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/just-dicecom-now-with-added-clams-play-or-invest-238613  Just-dice thread.
legendary
Please, no price talk.
 Shocked A huge green candle Shocked
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
wow.... thank you for your very generous tip!!! Thats huge Smiley

How many? congratulations.

he tipped me 200. Very generous.

A question: I have my bip38 private key and can decrypt it offline. However, is there any way (offline) I can check if the decrypted private key is actually working. As I understand it, you should only spend your balance once with cold storage. So, I cannot sweep a part of the balance in order to test it.
haha, that's good for the donation from the community,
exchange means nice try.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

A question: I have my bip38 private key and can decrypt it offline. However, is there any way (offline) I can check if the decrypted private key is actually working. As I understand it, you should only spend your balance once with cold storage. So, I cannot sweep a part of the balance in order to test it.

You can spend many times. Maybe you are mixing it up with offline signing where you would sign the transaction offline so your private key is never used on an online machine.

yes, as I understood it you would avoid to use your private key more than once on an online machine for security reasons. Is this too paranoid? is it advisable to sweep my existing balance into clearwallet for a test of the woodwallet?
legendary

You can spend many times. Maybe you are mixing it up with offline signing where you would sign the transaction offline so your private key is never used on an online machine.

Thanks Ryse, that's cool, brings us closer to a community mining account.

btw, for those who are intrested,

Genesis mining isn't accepting Viacoin payments yet maybe in the future they will also they sold out of Scrypt and aren't offering Sha256 Auto Viacoin (trading engine) at the moment. I've asked them if they will in the future but for now, only those with existing Scrypt contracts can mine Viacoin at GM

That means they dont sell scrpyt mining contracts anymore? oh oh....
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Good day Viacoin community,

Hey Karmalala & Yingsena, can you please post your viacoin address? I'd like to donate for your outstanding community efforts.

wow, thats sweet. I just got my VIA woodwallet and would love to see some tips on it Smiley http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3827/73o4sgr8_jpg.htm

you could further test our android wallet by scanning the qr code on the wood with it. I have problems with the android wallet. Seems to be not compatible with my device or with my network. It does not sync as syncing slows down exponentially.

Sent.

Scanned the QR code from your woodwallet with my phone. Worked like a charm. Have to get me one of those woodwallets eventually.  Wink

Thank's I've sent you the clearwallet address I'm using for the community Viamine and Vialove projects, you can donate Viacoin there towards the community mining account if you wish.  

Consider it done.  Grin

Hey Karmalala & Yingsena, can you please post your viacoin address? I'd like to donate for your outstanding community efforts.

wow, thats sweet. I just got my VIA woodwallet and would love to see some tips on it Smiley http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3827/73o4sgr8_jpg.htm

you could further test our android wallet by scanning the qr code on the wood with it. I have problems with the android wallet. Seems to be not compatible with my device or with my network. It does not sync as syncing slows down exponentially.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10

You also conveniently forgot blockchain notary, which is actually pretty big.

600 BTC is worth around $225,000 at the moment and could go lower.  I've worked closely with a number of start ups and the cost of having a team of 1 full time developer, one part time dev, and one part time chief scientist would typically be around $15k per month on the low end.  So basically 600 BTC gets them around 15 months of runway under normal start up circumstances.  However unlike normal startups, altcoins can't expect to have the opportunity to raise more capital through later rounds of funding, so the right approach is to be insanely frugile if you want to keep things going for 3 to 4 years.  Expecting him to be spending on much more than the team he currently has would ensure the project doesn't have the runway it needs.    

There's likely a lot more going on behind the scenes than you realize.  For instance, I also work closely with Darkcoin, and helped put together the Darkcoin foundation.  While it might seem like a trivial project, it took us just under 6 months to get it up and running.  Also, we were hesitant to announce anything about it until we knew for certain it would go live.  

Just because we don't hear anything doesn't mean things aren't happening.  

Fair enough.

Use partial of 610BTC to set buy support will be good for viacoin now. Like archcoin did
Jump to: