Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 139. (Read 825850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Btw, has everybody recognized how productive, supportive and steady this thread is becoming  Smiley
of course, the via has a big community support!
we believe!
Activity: 784
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
So I set up a 25 mh/s lifetime mining contract on genesis mining that I'm devoting to just mine via.

Which pool do you recommend?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Btw, has everybody recognized how productive, supportive and steady this thread is becoming  Smiley
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
I also bought 2mh lifetime scrypt at genesis mining and set up VIA and it is going to be there forever... Great ideas!

nice one

Yes, percentage of mined profits could be retained for funding community projects or used to pay dividend.  Bounties could be paid in the form of community asset tokens or a mix of Via + asset advantage of asset would be it's potential to earn through dividend.

In this scenario the dividend would be a payment made by the community (call it Viacorp) back into the community. As a distribution model it might serve the community quite fairly while at the same time as an incentive, rewarding participation, encouraging hording of community asset tokens etc.    

I like it  Cheesy

It might be worth reaching out to Genesis CEO Marco Streng, see if he would like to contribute some hashing power to kick start it.

we might also go a step further. The community asset could invest, next to direct via mining, into more profitable cloud minng operations paying out in ltc or btc. The payout could be used to buy via on the xchanges which produces a small but constant buy pressure. Via could then be distributed as dividents and used for bounties. It would still not be a for-profit investment into a community token as roi is unsure and parts of payouts would not be used for dividents rather than for bounties.

However, we would have some benefits:
1. community building effect
2. nice use case for clearinghouse
3. no one has to make fundraising for bounties
4. support the via network
5. create buy pressure

we could even think about selling the via from the issuing off-market in order to buy the mining contracts and not to dump them on the xchange.

It just should be made very clear that this is not meant to be an investment vehicle rather than a via support as it will not be profitable for buyers.
Activity: 461
I also bought 2mh lifetime scrypt at genesis mining and set up VIA and it is going to be there forever... Great ideas!
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
BaiQi
via,looks good.

Yes, percentage of mined profits could be retained for funding community projects or used to pay dividend.  Bounties could be paid in the form of community asset tokens or a mix of Via + asset advantage of asset would be it's potential to earn through dividend.

In this scenario the dividend would be a payment made by the community (call it Viacorp) back into the community. As a distribution model it might serve the community quite fairly while at the same time as an incentive, rewarding participation, encouraging hording of community asset tokens etc.    

I like it  Cheesy
So I set up a 25 mh/s lifetime mining contract on genesis mining that I'm devoting to just mine via. I don't expect to see an ROI on it. I just want to support the network without buying hardware/running up my electric bills.

If you'd like to mine any coin in the cloud using Genesis Mining, I'd ask you use my affiliate code: JX0YpI

You'll save 2.5%, and you'll add to my mining power, which I will add to my via allocation.

Good way to support the network, not buy any hardware, while still being able to mine the most profitable coins you can (Genesis has an auto-allocate feature which will find/mine the most profitable alts at that moment)

I had my 10 mh account on btc auto payout but you convinced me. I put it back on via now.

That's the beauty of Genesis cloud mining over most the other cloud mining offerings, payouts are in the Alt coins you put your hashing power on. So you can mine VIACOIN while the price is low and build a tidy balance. I think the potential ROI is great because right now the price is low.

I've started a VIA Community site that could include more details about Mining Via.  Also building on the community incentive reward program idea that's floating around. Could mining VIA be considered beneficial to the community and as such qualify to earn community incentive rewards ? Just an idea if anyone has any thoughts on that.  

mh... we could think about a btc donation drive to buy some hashing power for via mining. The mined via could then used for community bounties. This would strenghen the network at the same time.

Yes, something like that or perhaps issue a community asset token that pays dividend from the value of community mined coins. 
+1 but maybe only a portion as divdent. A bit should then be reserved for the bounties.
So I set up a 25 mh/s lifetime mining contract on genesis mining that I'm devoting to just mine via. I don't expect to see an ROI on it. I just want to support the network without buying hardware/running up my electric bills.

If you'd like to mine any coin in the cloud using Genesis Mining, I'd ask you use my affiliate code: JX0YpI

You'll save 2.5%, and you'll add to my mining power, which I will add to my via allocation.

Good way to support the network, not buy any hardware, while still being able to mine the most profitable coins you can (Genesis has an auto-allocate feature which will find/mine the most profitable alts at that moment)

I had my 10 mh account on btc auto payout but you convinced me. I put it back on via now.

That's the beauty of Genesis cloud mining over most the other cloud mining offerings, payouts are in the Alt coins you put your hashing power on. So you can mine VIACOIN while the price is low and build a tidy balance. I think the potential ROI is great because right now the price is low.

I've started a VIA Community site that could include more details about Mining Via.  Also building on the community incentive reward program idea that's floating around. Could mining VIA be considered beneficial to the community and as such qualify to earn community incentive rewards ? Just an idea if anyone has any thoughts on that.  

mh... we could think about a btc donation drive to buy some hashing power for via mining. The mined via could then used for community bounties. This would strenghen the network at the same time.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
two times i have been to irc room but never see text a problem with my connection maybe?
i am seeing a man selling 20000 viacoin on bittrex in last half hour. very big selling very impressive to me.

oh wait i have just seen bctbot report on a post in this thread. just not busy right now in the room then.

Activity: 371
one tweet missing to reach the number of the beast  Tongue  https://bitspark.io/coinvoting

edit: someone called the number of the beast. wuaahhh

Here You go...666 Grin
one tweet missing to reach the number of the beast  Tongue  https://bitspark.io/coinvoting

edit: someone called the number of the beast. wuaahhh
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1064
Hi there,

I started a two-weekly VIA/XCH update http://www.reddit.com/r/viacoin/

You are welcome to help me out or do it yourself. Contact me for coordination. I think it helps to get the oversight over the numerous innovations and community efforts taking place. It is also a nice read-up for those who dont check all channels all the time.

regards,
Karmala

GO VIA!

Thanks Karmala, the direct link to the post is http://www.reddit.com/r/viacoin/comments/2mkzsq/twoweekly_viaxch_update/
Hi there,

I started a two-weekly VIA/XCH update http://www.reddit.com/r/viacoin/

You are welcome to help me out or do it yourself. Contact me for coordination. I think it helps to get the oversight over the numerous innovations and community efforts taking place. It is also a nice read-up for those who dont check all channels all the time.

regards,
Karmala

GO VIA!
Activity: 534
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
Jump to: