Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 280. (Read 825850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

I don't think it is misleading as it shows how much/or little effort you put into developing this coin, which is understandable - you don't have incentives to do more.
Imagine a CEO of a firm selling all his shares in his company and then claiming to minority shareholders - I will bring you to the moon because I am rich. The amount of effort you put in coin development is appalling.

What makes you think he didn't buy any at 0.00010 price?
Or any price.
What makes you think he DID buy? All we know is that the dev SOLD 10mln coins. There is no proof of him buying, although this is something that maybe people want to believe in.
I wonder how much can people stretch their imagination.

Need to sleep, but so interesting watching trex... I bought 10 VIA at 0.00007100 before it went crazy.

I'm assuming he bought more
Because you want to believe. Buying 10 VIA is a joke and clearly the dev didn't think that the price will be this high so it is highly unlikely that he was touching his coin at all.
If the dev has any vested interest in his coin he should publish his wallet address along with normal block explorer so that we can keep track of his vested interest.

People in this community are so bi-polar.

If the dev kept some coin for himself people would use that as evidence to claim the same thing you are claiming. So, does instamine the dev keeps mean it's a scam, or does the dev selling all the pre-mine coins mean it's a scam. Apparently everything is a scam.

So, either you are a white knight and trying to protect us all from ourselves. OR you are here to FUD, hoping the price drops because you realized you missed out on a good opportunity. Because if you really didn't care, you just wouldn't be here.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Hey just wondering; why do these coins that PROMISE 2.0 protocol have huge successful presales when the technology already exists?

XC is a fully functioning 2.0 blockchain that is custom coded; just as VIA 'says' it will be. There was no pre sale, no pre mine, no IPO.

Hell the developers for XC have even been releasing their own decentralized applications with the wallet.

They have a 100% fully functioning anonymity transactions, they also just put fully encrypted messages into the wallet as well.

They plan on allowing user implementation of applications as soon as they complete their encrypted phone call wallet.

Does it have a gateway for clearing connected to banks via xch? Decrntralized marketplace a la counterparty? Read up newbie read up...

No but neither do any of those coins. They only have promises.

XC actually has the 2.0 platform that any of these ideas can be implemented into.

VIA and EVERY other coin only have promises and walls of text.

Gee I wonder why I'm asking.

Maybe it's because people are investing into empty promises.

Then they lose their money and sit there like, 'holy fuck I didn't see that coming!'

I agree with you very much about XC is ahead of the competition, still XC hasn't released the source code of their decentralized app so we are not sure where are they really in developing blockchain 2.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Miners ready?
Buyers ready if it dips?
Activity: 196
Almost 1000BTC vol on bittrex...
legendary
Activity: 1064
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
guys again.
how do I get a VIA address on windows wallet ?

thanks

Just click request payment and it will generate address for you.

thanks
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC
guys again.

thanks

Just click request payment and it will generate address for you.
Activity: 148

I don't know what "pinky promise" means (English is not my native language) but I've known btcdrak for years and will say that I have the utmost respect for him. He's a top-notch developer. You can choose to believe me or not, that of course is your prerogative. I've invested into this coin because of him being the developer.

Its just a little silly thing people do, put their pinky fingers together and shake on it.
Well if what you say is true then I'm all in, I'm half in at the moment just been so many scams in the past year some things start to seem too good to be true. Looks like it will be a huge coin.

I'm 100% certain it's not a scam. That doesn't mean it's a sure thing (there is no such thing in software and especially not in crypto) but btcdrak is not a scammer. He's a genuinly good and very smart guy.
 Do you realize the blockchain 2 is what Ethereum's exceptional dev team tries to accomplish? You can't seriously think this developer is in the league of Ethereum, his output on the subject certainly doesn't suggests that.

I don't know the Ethereum devs, but why do you assume that he can't be in the same league? None of this is magic; yes, it's complex coding but any competent dev who invests the time can make meaningful contributions to this technology.

Anyhow, believe what you will. I have faith in our dev and I speak from experience.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Hey just wondering; why do these coins that PROMISE 2.0 protocol have huge successful presales when the technology already exists?

XC is a fully functioning 2.0 blockchain that is custom coded; just as VIA 'says' it will be. There was no pre sale, no pre mine, no IPO.

Hell the developers for XC have even been releasing their own decentralized applications with the wallet.

They have a 100% fully functioning anonymity transactions, they also just put fully encrypted messages into the wallet as well.

They plan on allowing user implementation of applications as soon as they complete their encrypted phone call wallet.

Does it have a gateway for clearing connected to banks via xch? Decrntralized marketplace a la counterparty? Read up newbie read up...

XC actually has the 2.0 platform that any of these ideas can be implemented into.

Then they lose their money and sit there like, 'holy fuck I didn't see that coming!'

bump the pump and dump
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Need a good pool to use so i will maximise my hash rate, i will be having about 8+ Mhz spread over 5+rigs
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
guys again.

thanks
Activity: 147

I don't know what "pinky promise" means (English is not my native language) but I've known btcdrak for years and will say that I have the utmost respect for him. He's a top-notch developer. You can choose to believe me or not, that of course is your prerogative. I've invested into this coin because of him being the developer.

Its just a little silly thing people do, put their pinky fingers together and shake on it.
Well if what you say is true then I'm all in, I'm half in at the moment just been so many scams in the past year some things start to seem too good to be true. Looks like it will be a huge coin.
legendary
Activity: 1148
i hold  0.3 million XC coin, but i  also like viacoin very much!

viacoin is the future.

I am talking about your incentives. Your post is just explaining why there will be no dump from the dev on the market which doesn't mean that you have any vested interest in the coin.
Are you telling us that the buyers should buy the coin because there will be no dump from the dev and not because of the future?
Thank you, I am out.  

I think you might be missing one important point: the massive ICO and the massive BTC trading volume of the past 24 hours demonstrate enormous, untapped interest in blockchain 2.0 technology - in cyptocurrency applications that go beyond just exchanging value through coins transfers.

Given the remarkable demonstration of the market's interest in this, VIA's dev would seem to have a very strong *pecuniary* interest in adding value to his VIAcoin holdings - no? - as well as burnishing his reputation as a blockchain 2.0 pioneer. A reputation like that in the years to come will be worth a fortune. A reputation as a scammer - eh, not so much.

Scammers are generally short-sighted in that they dont recognise that there's a lot more money to be made in meeting/exceeding people's expectations/interests/needs than in scamming people. Via's dev has to realise that this coin could reach the level of DRK and XC at their heights - and beyond - if he delivers on even part of the promise.

I don't know much about this dev, but what little I've read and seen suggests to me that he is not stupid and short-sighted.

I wouldn't say your criticisms are FUD - just that they're perhaps a bit premature. The market's judgement seems to be that, after watching him develop and lead one of the smoothest and most successful ICOs ever, it's willing to wait and see what else this dev can do before jumping to conclusions.

So where is the blockchain 2.0? Does it exists at all, is it only a plan, is there any road maps for the blockcain 2.0 aka ClearingHouse?

Looks like it's mostly just a plan at this point and market speculation over whether he now has the resources -- financial (presumably he does now thanks to ICO?) and technical/talent/work-ethic (to be determined) -- to carry it out.

Yes he does have the technical skill and work ethic. Trust me on that one.

Pinky promise?

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1148
anybody send  Email to mintpal and crystpy?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Someone recomend me a pool with a low fee

Lower fees usually translate is lower expertise, lower attack protection and lower services. Also smaller team, much less support.

Make sure you pickup the service you need rather than the cheaper one Smiley

What pool will you be using ?
Activity: 147
Nice story
All Im going to say is the second the dev posts some significant screenshots of work or a preview of the next release that shows he has great skills then this thing will double right away.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
anyone, or any pool operator help me understand while mining VIA on every pool my hash is never right, and then after just a few min of mining it seems to drop off completely?  I dont know if this is normal.  But very frustrating.  I want to mine this but tried three pools and all results are the same, I see have my hash reporting, and then after a few min zero
Jump to: