Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 292. (Read 825850 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
looks like someone bought another large portion of the coins http://viacoinexplorer.com/address/VvFp7K6JH2tpEdCWDqKoZSHYFPzCYpQHRE

Don't create FUD,
That's 1/2 the volume so far.
A good bet is that this is Bittrex wallet.

EDIT: and at one point, this address had 2.4m coins which is about the trading volume so far. No person in the ICO had so many coins, and the number #1 investor hasn't moved his coins...
i can not reach any other conclusion than it being bittrex wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
anybody was able to mine any coin yet?

No, still about 3000 blocks to go before they have coins rewards in them.

That's about a day.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
anybody was able to mine any coin yet?
Activity: 706
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
May be seems very promising & very professional dev team behind this, I am in a little bit late.

Very big chance this is going to $1 then beyond, not late, early.

u know, they said that about NXT when it came out that it would reach 1 dollar by the end of the year ...and look where at !! so if i was you i wouldn't be that hopeful ... Roll Eyes

People told me not to be too hopeful when I was buying up darkcoins for less than a dollar too.
$0.50 for Via then, still early
Poor NXT

i'll go with SYSCOIN better...thank man
Activity: 378

this is the dude that got his 6.5btc order filled at 6,5k at poloniex yesterday

why did they switch ann?
Activity: 443
Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin
Is there a calculator for this coin?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
We've got 3 Raspberry Pi's with Hashra software on it with a total of 38 gridseed blades (19 devices).
We tried to mine this coin with a few pools but everytime we encounter the same problem.
A lot of rejects and suddenly it will go to the backup pool.
Does anyone know what the problem can be?

Which pool were you using?

Tried these 2:

http://via.oominoo.com/
https://www.minep.it/pool/via/
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
We've got 3 Raspberry Pi's with Hashra software on it with a total of 38 gridseed blades (19 devices).
We tried to mine this coin with a few pools but everytime we encounter the same problem.

Which pool were you using?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
I'm following this story and I'm excited although I don't understand everything (I'm new at this thing) and probably my laptop will not be able to mine anything. But I will try  Smiley (almost 7,000 block!)

I see, the idea of pre-buy was to give the coin some value.
If there would be only mining, what stop you from dumping it for any small value?

I think world fiat currency are not going to last much longer... crypto currency is the answer.
But they too should be backed by something tangible. Or you are working for and being paid by nothing really.... just imaginary numbers i computer...

Guys don't kill me, I know it is looking bad, first post and I would like to share something, yeah right, another scammer... but it is up to you, I will post only this one time and feel free to delete my post, it is off topic after all.

There is now starting gold backed crypto currency. Just starting, take a look if you want. Dev put 1KG of gold behind it's currency so it has some small tangible value. I don't know anything about protocol, what generation is, how advanced or behind the time it is... Wallet looks very similar than Viacoin, only that wallet has miner built in already.

I posted link to the site (gold vault in USA) and download link here: (and a little bit more info although I don't know much)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7913255

Take a look or ignore and pass it is up to you.

I'm no troll, not pump and dump, no scammer, I don't even have a mining rig (just a laptop) and I'm not associated with gold backed coin.

I just though to share what I just run across as believer in gold and silver as real store of value...
This will be my only post on this subject (and the only off topic post here)
Activity: 706
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
legendary
how many coins now?

10,000,000 or as others prefer 10'000'000

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
BaiQi
how many coins now?
Activity: 291
Viacoin current hashrate is: 829 MH/s  (from: http://via.pool.mn )
current scrypt price per day is: ~0.0009BTC for MH/s

We are currently at block 6700
In 3300 blocks [i.e. block 10,000] rewards will initiate at 10VIA per block.
With 24sec/block, we have 3,600 blocks per day
3,600 blocks x 10VIA = 36,000VIA per day

At current VIA price [0.00015btc] miners' daily reward is => 36,000VIA x 0.00015BTC = 5.4BTC per day
At current scrypt price/day & hashrate, miners' daily cost is: 829 MH/s x 0.0009BTC = 0.75 BTC per day

a) can someone check my calculation plz?
b) if this is the case, to reach economic equilibrium, hashrate needs to rise by more than x 7.2 fold when rewards kick in?
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Relax, Primitive

jBacchus is an avid supporter. It's just sarcasm.

lol... you mean to say that you're tired of saying the same thing over and over and over.... about how you plan to keep developing the coin and would send some kind of outline of the project's future if you could just get some rest for a little bit?!?! Smiley  I don't understand?!?! Smiley  Maybe you should leave a text document open with your responses already typed up so you can just copy/paste them in when someone posts the same thing that MANY others posted before them! Smiley

jBacchus if you are thinking VIA is scammy, you better move along to greener pastures.

See below

Not sure if this has been addressed yet... But I was mining this from the gate (last night) and I have seen the hashrate just dwindle! My thought was,  How unfair that people can rent miners... and throw tons and tons of hashrate at a coin... but then call it off to mine something right away that they can make a profit at, while people like me, and many others too I'm sure, continue to mine this so we CAN get to the blocks that pay out... only to have the renters come back in and blow our hashrate away!

In short... I feel like the miners that are mining these 10,000 '0 reward' blocks are doing all the work, and when that is done, the "renters" will come in and make it to where we don't get hardly anything for that...  it doesn't seem right.  Maybe there is a way to "reward" the miners that are mining these 0 reward blocks?  Like the pools could carry our shares over to pay out ahead of of the "renters" after block 10,000??

Just a thought...  anyone else agree?  Or am I completely off here?

You are my hero, PM me your BTC address and I'm going to give you some BTC. Seems like you get it.

Wow! Smiley  Thank you! Smiley  1KPP7F5svU12v34eqrYhmujUTcqSVrnae8

Sent 0.1

Thanks! Smiley  I forget that sarcasm doesn't always transfer through text! Smiley

I LOVE how many smiley faces you use jBacchus. Happy camper with VIA much?

Lol!  It's a habit! Smiley  I do that in everything... email, texts, chat... and here apparently!  I am usually smiling while I type anyway... so it kinda fits! Smiley  Plus YES!  I do like the VIA! Smiley
legendary
Can someone explain me, why would you mine this coin before 10k block?

It is pointless to mine right now and if prices don't change vs what the block reward is, it will be a waste to mine when block rewards start.

I rented 50MH of rigs yesterday for .03 BTC and currently it shows .018 VIA unconfirmed.  I got 200+ VIA yesterday at 9k satoshi for .018 BTC.

Sooo... people should stop selling below the prices miners need to make a bit of money. That helps two things, the coin, since we need miners or there is no network. The price, because well, the price will be higher, which will attract more buyers to the coin.
Jump to: