Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 296. (Read 825850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Not sure if this has been addressed yet... But I was mining this from the gate (last night) and I have seen the hashrate just dwindle! My thought was,  How unfair that people can rent miners... and throw tons and tons of hashrate at a coin... but then call it off to mine something right away that they can make a profit at, while people like me, and many others too I'm sure, continue to mine this so we CAN get to the blocks that pay out... only to have the renters come back in and blow our hashrate away!

In short... I feel like the miners that are mining these 10,000 '0 reward' blocks are doing all the work, and when that is done, the "renters" will come in and make it to where we don't get hardly anything for that...  it doesn't seem right.  Maybe there is a way to "reward" the miners that are mining these 0 reward blocks?  Like the pools could carry our shares over to pay out ahead of of the "renters" after block 10,000??

Just a thought...  anyone else agree?  Or am I completely off here?

You are my hero, PM me your BTC address and I'm going to give you some BTC. Seems like you get it.

Wow! Smiley  Thank you! Smiley  1KPP7F5svU12v34eqrYhmujUTcqSVrnae8

Sent 0.1

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

My wallet address is VuqB4bbTogJGDDiDuF8HzcNYBEZ8CPPdpv

how do I upload an image?

Thanks! Smiley  here is my proof of mining! Smiley

there you go, sent a little before, a little more now
Activity: 140
Merit: 10

upload to www.imgur.com then put link between
Code:
[img] [/img]
Wink

Thanks! Smiley  here is my proof of mining! Smiley

Not sure if this has been addressed yet... But I was mining this from the gate (last night) and I have seen the hashrate just dwindle! My thought was,  How unfair that people can rent miners... and throw tons and tons of hashrate at a coin... but then call it off to mine something right away that they can make a profit at, while people like me, and many others too I'm sure, continue to mine this so we CAN get to the blocks that pay out... only to have the renters come back in and blow our hashrate away!

In short... I feel like the miners that are mining these 10,000 '0 reward' blocks are doing all the work, and when that is done, the "renters" will come in and make it to where we don't get hardly anything for that...  it doesn't seem right.  Maybe there is a way to "reward" the miners that are mining these 0 reward blocks?  Like the pools could carry our shares over to pay out ahead of of the "renters" after block 10,000??

Just a thought...  anyone else agree?  Or am I completely off here?

You are my hero, PM me your BTC address and I'm going to give you some BTC. Seems like you get it.

Wow! Smiley  Thank you! Smiley 
legendary
Not sure if this has been addressed yet... But I was mining this from the gate (last night) and I have seen the hashrate just dwindle! My thought was,  How unfair that people can rent miners... and throw tons and tons of hashrate at a coin... but then call it off to mine something right away that they can make a profit at, while people like me, and many others too I'm sure, continue to mine this so we CAN get to the blocks that pay out... only to have the renters come back in and blow our hashrate away!

In short... I feel like the miners that are mining these 10,000 '0 reward' blocks are doing all the work, and when that is done, the "renters" will come in and make it to where we don't get hardly anything for that...  it doesn't seem right.  Maybe there is a way to "reward" the miners that are mining these 0 reward blocks?  Like the pools could carry our shares over to pay out ahead of of the "renters" after block 10,000??

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
at current prices, their is 6 btcish mined per day in VIA...this thing is going much higher

FYI I am paying mining rentals to contribute to network security even though I get 0 reward Wink
Mining is not just about profit guys. Bitcoin mining was unprofitable for years....

I'm glad that you are mining your coin! Smiley  And that you are renting hash to do it is even more awesome!  How many are like you in that though?  I would venture "not very many" given how much the network hashrate rate has dropped... I'm not trying to complain about it or feel like I am being "cheated" or anything... Just seems that the people who ARE waiting for "reward" are going to crush the people that put in the "work"...

upload to www.imgur.com then put link between
Code:
[img] [/img]
Wink
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
NO premine. NO instamine.

Yes 10,8% of the full total of coins are in block 1, IPO is just another word for instamine.

Also scrypt is now just a big playground for multipools.

10,000,000 coins were distributed in a presale, it's not a developer premine.
https://presale.viacoin.org/list.html

Sorry but what's the difference between a premine which is used by the devs? and the 370k USD that the devs now have from the presale?

The world of difference. A developer premine is held in the currency. That's a terrible thing for the market because the devs can dump out at any time with a colossal part of market capitalization. RIPple ring any bells of why large developer premines are a bad idea?

Look at the market price yourself so far. Presale bidding was 6102 satoshi and Viacoin is trading at 16,000 satoshi and there's no developer premine hanging over anyone's head. Anyone selling at less than their buy price would be taking a loss.

So you can see, there is a world of difference.

Put up some proof of mining and a donation address, you might get something.

legendary

FYI I am paying mining rentals to contribute to network security even though I get 0 reward Wink
Mining is not just about profit guys. Bitcoin mining was unprofitable for years....
legendary

Yes 10,8% of the full total of coins are in block 1, IPO is just another word for instamine.

Sorry but what's the difference between a premine which is used by the devs? and the 370k USD that the devs now have from the presale?

The world of difference. A developer premine is held in the currency. That's a terrible thing for the market because the devs can dump out at any time with a colossal part of market capitalization. RIPple ring any bells of why large developer premines are a bad idea?

Look at the market price yourself so far. Presale bidding was 6102 satoshi and Viacoin is trading at 16,000 satoshi and there's no developer premine hanging over anyone's head. Anyone selling at less than their buy price would be taking a loss.

So you can see, there is a world of difference.

Put up some proof of mining and a donation address, you might get something.

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

What's going to happen to these over 600 BTC paid to developer for first 10M coins?

?  Grin
Activity: 182
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

what is the potential of this coin? and your forecast prices for the next month?

DYOR - best forecast ever!

I don't english speaking, that means DYOR ?
Activity: 210

legendary
MineP.it Viacoin Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers start mining!

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://via.minep.it:3343 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • 0.75% fees across the board
  • Rock solid security and stability
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute (manual payouts too)
  • 24/7 on-site chatbox
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Join us now!

*that* is one amazing front end!
Activity: 154

what is the potential of this coin? and your forecast prices for the next month?

DYOR - best forecast ever!
Jump to: