Author

Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info - page 366. (Read 759219 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
It would be helpful if the WC team could post some info on the website about who actually controls this coin. Who are the devs? Other team members? People need to know who really speaks for this coin, and PR needs to be handled more professionally.

Moganzo has control of the Dev bitcointalk account and is basically saying the original devs aren't responding. He is basically becoming the Dev
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I have been banned from #whitecoin on IRC.

The devs may be returning. If they do, I encourage them to solve this problem. I may be locked out of the whitecoin accounts soon if they do not appreciate the attempts I have made in good faith to save this coin.

I will not give up so long as there is support in the community.
Activity: 308
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I see consensus around performing a hard fork. I will continue to monitor this thread.

Yes this is mogonzo.

I give you my word I will use all of the skils at my disposal to see this happen right.

For now the best thing everyone can do is the following:

1. Point your hash to the blockchain protection port at whitecoinpool.com port 3377
2. Stop performing transactions with your wallet.
3. Message your exchange requesting that at the very least whitecoin withdrawals be frozen.

Any other suggestions please post them here. I will provide an udpate asap.

Thank you moganzo. If you become the new Dev, or you at least see us through this issue, I'm sure we will band together and make a nice fat bounty donation for you.
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
It would be helpful if the WC team could post some info on the website about who actually controls this coin. Who are the devs? Other team members? People need to know who really speaks for this coin, and PR needs to be handled more professionally.
Activity: 182
I see consensus around performing a hard fork. I will continue to monitor this thread.

Yes this is mogonzo.

I give you my word I will use all of the skils at my disposal to see this happen right.

1. Point your hash to the blockchain protection port at whitecoinpool.com port 3377
3. Message your exchange requesting that at the very least whitecoin withdrawals be frozen.

Please, dont monitor, just act. just fork it now instead of waiting
Alright, so should I sell for whatever I can get on mintpal?
Itll go back up when they fix it shortly, dont rip yourself off.

Yeah dont panic sell.

be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Yes this is mogonzo.

What confuses me is yinyangteam. They are the Dev right? But it seems like moganzo is posting.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
DEVS and MODS,
The fork will be the least of our problems if the wallet
truly has a virus/trojan/rootkit. People don't understand forks
but they are panicing about their PCs.  Please post a FORMAL
statement on the status of the windows wallet and if it is safe
or needs to be deleted, or whether an infected pc needs to be
reformatted.
Thanks
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
Can somebody please explain what are the implications of a hard fork to people's coins that are currently sitting in their wallets? And if there is no effect on anyone's investment, then what's the big deal? Why didn't the devs just take care of business rather than causing panic?

Nothing happens to those, fork just effects the future.

That's good to know. Thanks.

Of course the credibility of the coin has been impacted by this, but that can be recovered, if the dev team takes appropriate action quickly.

And it seems to me they need to handle things more professionally in the future. Live and learn I guess. Growing pains for a very new currency.
Itll go back up when they fix it shortly, dont rip yourself off.

Yeah dont panic sell.
WTF ? POW stage was over at 10 000 block, isn't it ? How can it be forked now ? How did this happen ?

No pow still went on, just no reward. Forking is good.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
WTF ? POW stage was over at 10 000 block, isn't it ? How can it be forked now ? How did this happen ?
Activity: 437
Can somebody please explain what are the implications of a hard fork to people's coins that are currently sitting in their wallets? And if there is no effect on anyone's investment, then what's the big deal? Why didn't the devs just take care of business rather than causing panic?

Nothing happens to those, fork just effects the future.
I'm out.

Yup, same here... It could have been fixed without any fuzz but now it will be extremely hard to regain trust and investors.
Activity: 141
Activity: 322
wtf good does it do mining a coin on a fork without a proper wallet? we need more clarification on what is going on, and also a new wallet!
Activity: 154
are our coins in our wallet permanently gone??
Jump to: