Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced - page 22. (Read 52988 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I don't understand by this way how to protect investors' BTC security?

Hey, investor security is our prime focus and that is why we have a very well reputed escrow team for the ICO. As mentioned in the OP:

Escrow Details:

We have a 3 member Escrow Team that will hold a multi signature wallet address that will be used for the ICO. Funds from this wallet can be moved only if 2 out of 3 members sign that transaction.

1) Blazed - Bitrated
2) minerjones - Bitrated
3) WiC Team

We have got very well reputed and trusted members of the community to help us with the ICO so that investor funds are 100% safe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Escrow address will be available at 6PM EST on April 22, 2017.

Also for the same reason of investor security and transparency,  we will have a single escrow wallet address posted here by the escrow team.

Thanks for taking interest!
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I don't understand by this way how to protect investors' BTC security?
Is here any whitepaper to read about this wifi project? I'm interested to know more about their protection methods.

Hey, thanks for taking interest. We do not have a white paper uploaded right now but I can assure you that this is a serious project and we understand security is important. Let me give you some details on how the app works. Only the first person uploading the password fro a particular network receives the WiC payment and since every network has a unique identifier, we make sure there are no duplicate uploads and the network is unique. Also, if someone wants to connect to a wifi, he/she pays ONLY if the connection is successful and the password is correct. Wrong/changed passwords don't get paid.

We also have a 3 member escrow team for the ICO, you can find all the details in the OP.

Thanks!
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Is here any whitepaper to read about this wifi project? I'm interested to know more about their protection methods.
Activity: 478
Merit: 285
Crypto Way is the only Way!
Easy for everyone.
Count me in on this one Cool
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Important Update

How to participate in the ICO - We have made it extremely easy for everyone to participate in the ICO. No sign up or registration is required and investors only need to fill a simple 3 question form here to participate.

thanks looks good, im in  Cheesy
Important Update

How to participate in the ICO - We have made it extremely easy for everyone to participate in the ICO. No sign up or registration is required and investors only need to fill a simple 3 question form here to participate.

u got the instructions for how to invest yet?

I guess they need to have a website ready first, which i did not find one?

May be there they will post the crowd-sale instructions?

After much discussion with the escrow team, we have decided on having a single BTC address which will be held by the escrow team in a multi signature wallet. Also, this address will be posted here on bitcointalk.org because both the escrows are well known and reputed here and the whole reasoning behind using escrow goes away if investors have to send funds to an address on a different website. Also, anybody will be able to join the ICO in the easiest way. The complete instructions will be posted shortly.

Thanks!

I think he meant about your own site with the ICO details+ escrow btc address over there.Do you plan to create a site for your coin?

Yes we will have a website for the coin, but it will not be used for the ICO. It will only have information about the coin, exchanges, wallets, etc.

The ICO will be handled via a simple 3 question form (link will be posted later) investors will need to fill. We and the escrow team felt this will be better and easier for everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1012

After much discussion with the escrow team, we have decided on having a single BTC address which will be held by the escrow team in a multi signature wallet. Also, this address will be posted here on bitcointalk.org because both the escrows are well known and reputed here and the whole reasoning behind using escrow goes away if investors have to send funds to an address on a different website. Also, anybody will be able to join the ICO in the easiest way. The complete instructions will be posted shortly.

Thanks!

I think he meant about your own site with the ICO details+ escrow btc address over there.Do you plan to create a site for your coin?
legendary

Thanks!

thats a good way...i think its better to verify the escrow address here itself and keep that one address which is easily auditable and transparent, will wait for complete details

Thanks!
Activity: 546
Merit: 255

legendary
is there any maximum & minimum limit for investing in the ICO ? like individually? or i could invest any amount ?

Hey, there are no restrictions on the investment amount. Any amount is fine.

Thanks!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
is there any maximum & minimum limit for investing in the ICO ? like individually? or i could invest any amount ?
Just a small update: We have 150+ active twitter followers now and 1,000+ post engagements! And we are less than a week old  Wink

Thanks for all the support!
Regarding Facebook tag and posting: "Minimum 10 posts per week promoting WiC. Also, be sure to tag us in your post."

What does it mean 10 posts and tag? AFAIK Fb. has share and like. We share then tag,  how?

Hey, when you make a post on Facebook you can tag anyone by typing "@" followed by the name of the person you want to tag.

I wrote @WiC and did not seem to tag anything. We post 10 posts per week, right? what we say in these posts

Hey, don't worry about tagging us, its alright. Smiley

In the 10 posts you have to promote WiC in any way you like. It could be as simple as "hey check out WiC, you can rent out your wifi with it, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-wic-rent-your-wifi-new-thread-announced-1869125". Think of what you would post if this campaign was not there and you wanted to inform your friends about WiC, and post that! Its really any way you wish to spread the word about us! Make sure to put a link of this thread in your post though so that interested people can come here for more information.

Thanks!
I have received a question in my local thread and I am not sure I know how to answer it.
The question is basically: "what if someone shares one of the Wi-Fi passwords to someone else for free and the owner of the Wi-Fi changes it?"

Hey, sorry but I am not very sure what your question means. Could you try to explain it in a bit detail?

From what I understand though, you want to know what happens if a password is changed after it is uploaded? The app charges you only if the password is correct and you successfully connect. So if the password is changed, you will not be able to connect obviously and thus won't be charged as well.

But if i by chance I know my friend's wifi password and upload it.
I will get reward right?
Then what will happen if suddenly my friend change it few hours after that?
Will my reward get withhold or i need to return back the WiC ?

Yes whoever uploads the password earns the rewards. We will probably have a certain time limit for which the password has to be kept unchanged to be able to withdraw the WiC earned from that password. A similar question was asked before: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18584530

Thanks!
Activity: 742
Merit: 252
Regarding Facebook tag and posting: "Minimum 10 posts per week promoting WiC. Also, be sure to tag us in your post."

What does it mean 10 posts and tag? AFAIK Fb. has share and like. We share then tag,  how?

Hey, when you make a post on Facebook you can tag anyone by typing "@" followed by the name of the person you want to tag.

I wrote @WiC and did not seem to tag anything. We post 10 posts per week, right? what we say in these posts
Pages:
Jump to: