Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] WiC | Rent Your WiFi | New Thread Announced - page 23. (Read 52988 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 251
I have received a question in my local thread and I am not sure I know how to answer it.
The question is basically: "what if someone shares one of the Wi-Fi passwords to someone else for free and the owner of the Wi-Fi changes it?"

Hey, sorry but I am not very sure what your question means. Could you try to explain it in a bit detail?

From what I understand though, you want to know what happens if a password is changed after it is uploaded? The app charges you only if the password is correct and you successfully connect. So if the password is changed, you will not be able to connect obviously and thus won't be charged as well.

But if i by chance I know my friend's wifi password and upload it.
I will get reward right?
Then what will happen if suddenly my friend change it few hours after that?
Will my reward get withhold or i need to return back the WiC ?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Important: There are a few people filling the bounty form multiple times. Please note that this will NOT get you any extra bounties since we will do a thorough check before sending out the WiC. Also, if it becomes clear that you purposely tried to cheat the campaign we will ban you and you will not receive any WiC.

Thanks!

yeah plz make sure there r no duplicates
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I have received a question in my local thread and I am not sure I know how to answer it.
The question is basically: "what if someone shares one of the Wi-Fi passwords to someone else for free and the owner of the Wi-Fi changes it?"

Hey, sorry but I am not very sure what your question means. Could you try to explain it in a bit detail?

From what I understand though, you want to know what happens if a password is changed after it is uploaded? The app charges you only if the password is correct and you successfully connect. So if the password is changed, you will not be able to connect obviously and thus won't be charged as well.

Oh that is good to know, thanks.
I will explain the question better: I was asked what happens if someone who was charged for the password, shares it for free, so the uploader has to change it to avoid that people connect to the Wi-Fi for free.
Thinking about it though, I don't think someone would have a good incentive to share it for free, because if the uploader is forced to change the password, they'll have to pay again for it.

You answered that pretty well yourself Smiley. I would just like to add that only the first person who uploads the password gets the WiC.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Oh that is good to know, thanks.
I will explain the question better: I was asked what happens if someone who was charged for the password, shares it for free, so the uploader has to change it to avoid that people connect to the Wi-Fi for free.
Thinking about it though, I don't think someone would have a good incentive to share it for free, because if the uploader is forced to change the password, they'll have to pay again for it.

Important: There are a few people filling the bounty form multiple times. Please note that this will NOT get you any extra bounties since we will do a thorough check before sending out the WiC. Also, if it becomes clear that you purposely tried to cheat the campaign we will ban you and you will not receive any WiC.

Thanks!

well done  Smiley

Thanks!
Hey. Thanks for the info on the exchanges it will be available on after May25th! Grin
You are really giving great updates on the progress of this project.
This shows that you are very serious about it and not just pumping it tot he masses. Wink

Thanks for the support. Indeed this is a serious project and you would be happy yo know that we do not have a minimum requirement for the ICO and we will go ahead with this in any scenario. Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
Hey. Thanks for the info on the exchanges it will be available on after May25th! Grin
You are really giving great updates on the progress of this project.
This shows that you are very serious about it and not just pumping it tot he masses. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Important News: We will accept only BTC for our ICO. This is because everyone involved in crypto understands the workings of BTC and it is the oldest, most liquid and easy to use crypto currency today.

ahhh i was expecting at least eth to be accepted but i guess u make sense... many newbies dont know how to use eth.... good luck, looking forward to the ipo
June 19 you say. Cool thanks dev I can't wait !! xD

Happy to see the enthusiasm but you got the dates wrong Smiley. Check this out:

Activity: 360
June 19 you say. Cool thanks dev I can't wait !! xD
Any plans to added more exchange?

We will have 2 exchanges add us on launch. A couple more exchanges wanted to add us but wanted a payment for it so we refused. There is one major exchange with whom talks are on and it looks positive Smiley

Let me guess cryptopia and yobit, right. U will have the third one, it will be my exchange that I developed in my garage using dirty truncated code I got from my buddy paul vernon as a base. I can add ur token free of charge but will want u to provide at least 1 thousand btc turnover every day throughout three months, to strengthen my exchange's position in as the leading platform.

No, its not cryptopia and yobit. These are the 2 exchanges that will have us on launch:

1) Coinexchange.io - BTC/WiC
2) CryptoDAO.com - BTC/WiC, LTC/WiC and USD/WiC

Have this info in the OP Smiley
Activity: 1150
Merit: 502

We will have 2 exchanges add us on launch. A couple more exchanges wanted to add us but wanted a payment for it so we refused. There is one major exchange with whom talks are on and it looks positive Smiley

Let me guess cryptopia and yobit, right. U will have the third one, it will be my exchange that I developed in my garage using dirty truncated code I got from my buddy paul vernon as a base. I can add ur token free of charge but will want u to provide at least 1 thousand btc turnover every day throughout three months, to strengthen my exchange's position as the leading platform.
This is a nice idea, I think I will join the ICO. Will we have a functioning platform on release? Will I be able to make money by uploading wifi passwords to the system immediately?

Hey, thanks for taking interest in WiC. Yes we will be releasing a fully functional app and you will be able to earn with it immediately. Here is some important information from the OP:

FAQ

1) How is Wi Coin pronounced?
    It the "Wi" from Wi-Fi, so pronounced as /ˈwaɪ-kɔɪn/

2) Do we have to tweet and post orginal content? Or just retweet and share your posts?
    You have to make minimum 10 posts and 10 tweets to claim the bounties. More details at: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18583990

3) Are retweets and facebook shares counted for the bounty?
    Retweets are counted towards your 10 tweet count.

4) How do I participate in the ICO?
    We have a 3 member Escrow Team that will hold a multi signature wallet address that will be used for the ICO. Funds from this wallet can be moved only if 2 out of 3 members sign that transaction.

a) Blazed - Bitrated
b) minerjones - Bitrated
c) WiC Team

We have got very well reputed and trusted members of the community to help us with the ICO so that investor funds are 100% safe. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Escrow address will be available at 6PM EST on April 22, 2017.

5) Which currencies will you accept in the ICO?
    We will accept only BTC for our ICO. This is because everyone involved in crypto understands the workings of BTC and it is the oldest, most liquid and easy to use crypto currency today.

6) What is the minimum ICO investment requirement?
    We are already so much invested in this project that we will release it no matter what. So, you will be happy to know there is no minimum investment requirement Smiley

Activity: 122
Swinging from buildings in my spare time.
This is a nice idea, I think I will join the ICO. Will we have a functioning platform on release? Will I be able to make money by uploading wifi passwords to the system immediately?

Activity: 504
Important News: We will accept only BTC for our ICO. This is because everyone involved in crypto understands the workings of BTC and it is the oldest, most liquid and easy to use crypto currency today.

Pages:
Jump to: