Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units - page 21. (Read 49035 times)

Activity: 991
Merit: 500
August 16, 2013, 01:48:47 AM
It's already tomorrow.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
August 16, 2013, 01:47:13 AM
when is the website going up again for orders?
eve
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 16, 2013, 01:38:02 AM
Where is Mr.Abdi? mia? We thought he will come back with some good news like lowest price per gh/s, payment by paypal and credit cards and on time guarantee delivery?

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2013, 08:08:41 PM
xcrowd if you are shipping from within UK any change of a meet up to see your whorehouse and places where you make the equipment and get to know you guys a bit better and maybe do a full presentation?

Are you going to be offering local collection as myself am in the UK and would be interested in this.

We will be hosting a set of open days in London (+more locations) at around mid October (still waiting on the green lights for our MPW run to confirm the date) to demonstrate the first prototypes and provide prospective customers with the chance to talk to the team and learn more about us.

Please let e know and provide me details of location and where at as I will be interesting in coming to the open day if in London would need at least a or 2 announcement to allow plenty of time for others to as I could get quite a few people down to the open day.

Also I would like to know if you would actually have some units to sell on the open day or to test out and buy on the spot.
Activity: 166
August 14, 2013, 01:15:37 PM
xcrowd if you are shipping from within UK any change of a meet up to see your whorehouse and places where you make the equipment and get to know you guys a bit better and maybe do a full presentation?

Are you going to be offering local collection as myself am in the UK and would be interested in this.

We will be hosting a set of open days in London (+more locations) at around mid October (still waiting on the green lights for our MPW run to confirm the date) to demonstrate the first prototypes and provide prospective customers with the chance to talk to the team and learn more about us.
Activity: 742
August 14, 2013, 01:11:34 PM

I may be interested in a visit now too..  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2013, 01:06:44 PM

Activity: 166
August 14, 2013, 12:33:06 PM
If XCrowd isn't legit, there will be a heck of a lot of complaints. I think XCrowd deserves a shot at glory, so I'm gonna grow a pair and put some money down.

inb4  sockpuppet allegations  Roll Eyes

Thank you. Please do keep an eye out for further updates by us through twitter (@x_crowd) or eepurl.com/B8GAf .
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
August 14, 2013, 12:28:57 PM
If XCrowd isn't legit, there will be a heck of a lot of complaints. I think XCrowd deserves a shot at glory, so I'm gonna grow a pair and put some money down.
Activity: 532
August 13, 2013, 10:40:38 AM
Credit Cards, secured payments and what you as buyers should be looking for...

Common sense advice!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/secured-payments-consumer-protection-and-buyer-recourse-272891
eve
August 13, 2013, 09:12:59 AM
Don't understand why he needs to hold the payments in escrow for 3 months with nothing to show? if he has the money for nre and produced the miners why the need to hold our money? very fishy
August 13, 2013, 08:26:19 AM
He said he needs pre-orders and money commitments to judge demand. Isn't that at least semi-reasonable? What would be the point in ordering 10,000 chips or w/e if you could only sell half that. What do you say to that?

BS

Look around this forum, there is plenty of demand from cash buyers *if* your product becomes more than pretty pictures, arrives *in* time, competitively priced and you have the product availability in stock.

Tying your funds now is nonsense, it' just a tactic to prevent you from spending elsewhere in case xcrowd delivers on time and to spec, whatever that may be?

If they don't your money is held hostage. Money, they don't need anyway, as they have funding.

This pre-ordering is a total joke, unless they're lying. What do they need to 'gauge' orders for, there's hardly a lack of buyers for equipment that's real.
Activity: 434
August 13, 2013, 03:39:43 AM
Good luck, pre-order money is streeeeetched thinnn.
Activity: 252
August 13, 2013, 03:38:05 AM
He said he needs pre-orders and money commitments to judge demand. Isn't that at least semi-reasonable? What would be the point in ordering 10,000 chips or w/e if you could only sell half that. What do you say to that?
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
August 13, 2013, 02:51:50 AM
Fact is Abdi claims he needs no money till the products are ready, so why give home any in the first place? People need to apply a little thought before purchasing anything else through this forum that hasn't been proven beyond significant doubt to be real...

This.

It's one thing to make an announcement before time (without pre-orders) so that people can make an informed decision and possibly hold off buying other equipment, but totally another to ask them to commit when not only is there no need, but also no reason.

Plus 30% is still a nice amount to own and bad amount to loose...
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
August 13, 2013, 02:40:20 AM
Fact is Abdi claims he needs no money till the products are ready, so why give home any in the first place? People need to apply a little thought before purchasing anything else through this forum that hasn't been proven beyond significant doubt to be real...

This.

It's one thing to make an announcement before time (without pre-orders) so that people can make an informed decision and possibly hold off buying other equipment, but totally another to ask them to commit when not only is there no need, but also no reason.
August 12, 2013, 08:49:38 PM
Indeed.
eve
August 12, 2013, 08:42:21 PM
So is he the guy on the photo??
August 12, 2013, 06:45:14 AM
Abdi's Linkedin, name and the registered company address is the only things in the list that are accurate. It's quite a generic name in the UK of those with the same ethnic backgrounds so if you could link a john to all the possible usernames of johns within the same region the same issue would pop up.

So is that you in the picture, and were you ever truly a "director of procrastination"??

Can confirm that is one of Abdi's old Facebook pictures but not sure where "director of procrastination" came from. Even if it was stated somewhere on his facebook or twitter page it's probably just a joke directed at his personal social network rather than on a official profile like Linkedin.

Okay so we went from it is all a lie, to the linked in and address are correct, to also confirming the picture, and then the clothing company.  I am not going through the effort of posting exactly how I got all of this information but it did not come from simply searching for a name.  It primarily came from all of the records of previous companies, companies registered under the same address, e-mails associated with those companies posted under usernames which were then matched to other usernames with the same location, etc.   All of the usernames, e-mail addresses, companies, etc. all have fairly reliable links back to the Abdi associated with xCrowd.  Google any of the usernames, e-mail addresses, etc. and take a look at the profiles, posts etc. and if it isn't obvious to you how they are linked to Abdi then ask and I will provide a specific proof.

I'm genuinely trying to play devils advocate here and build up a picture of the individual behind this, who doesn't appear to be as open as he could be with respect to his background and what relevant experience exists. So I think for all concerned you provide as much specific proof as you can, as Abdi won't.

I asked him several times last night about what that was uncovered was real, he only stated is; 'LinkedIn and and register company address.'

Yet that isn't true. When I queried the picture, he said yes and stated it had been taken from his Facebook. As Crytoin, you had provided the Facebook link, when I queried the 'Former Director of Procrastination' he said he wasn't sure, all supposedly through a third party. Yet there it is displayed on his Facebook page.

You provided loads of links and usernames Cryptoin, and clearly Abdi doesn't want it all known, yet it's imperative that any unknown asking for such vast sums is honest and we know as much as possible about them, their experience, and their character.

So seeing as how Abdi isn't being as forthcoming, how can you be sure what is, and what isn't accurate?

Abdi is supposedly asking for large sums of money that he doesn't need until January as he has funding for production sorted anyway. I just don't understand what this all about then. It still makes no sense, there's still no ASIC design team as xcrowd are still advertising, there doesn't appear to be anyone of any IC experience on 'the team'. The only member of 'the team' we know of is Abdi who seems cagey about his past, hasn't made any effort other than to limit his Facebook access now so no more pictures can be found. Abdi needs to be more proactive with this, of course people will research you when you come online and demand millions as an unknown in an area of very specific technical interest.

This is common sense, especially after the Bitsyncom Avalon mess that's also been escrowed!!!

Activity: 270
August 12, 2013, 06:38:31 AM
So you're saying that all of that what is found behind those names and all of that what has happened, bad reputation or something else, prevent you to purchase from xcrowd now? In other words, if they are all of that what we found, they still cannot make a good company afterwards, if they want?

In other example: I will not name my child with name, who use it someone, who is my enemy. I will not buy that car because, someone that I don't like is driving it ... Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: