Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 117. (Read 2375603 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
looks like i got it to work. i got the machines to connect to my computer that has the wallet and they are show khs

how can i tell if its working?
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
Well, this is exciting!...
...And by exciting, I mean extremely frustrating.

It appears as if instead of orphaning blocks, this new hacker is now invalidating shares. Why go through the trouble of killing the blockchain when you could just weaken the network? I say "new hacker" because it wouldn't make sense for Vitalik to change tactics when he's already stealing thousands of XMG a week.
Activity: 168
Either there's a problem with minerclaim or there is a major network issue.

Alot of boos and hashrates are very low.

WOW i just found out that supernova is already shutdown. like bullmining is going to do.

others is follow??

Something is very different this time. I'm showing the increased block reward, but not getting any orphans, and no blocks either. This is solo mining, like usual.

BTW, on the attack before this 1, my wallet was showing several times the orphans it usually gets during an attack. Either the attack is changing, or pools all going down is causing very low "legitimate" hashing power. I hope this doesn't kill the network.

My main server down when I try to start regular attack)

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JdWdiFeSv9DsBdm/giphy.gif
How do i setup solo mining using the windows wallet?

WOW i just found out that supernova is already shutdown. like bullmining is going to do.

others is follow??

Something is very different this time. I'm showing the increased block reward, but not getting any orphans, and no blocks either. This is solo mining, like usual.

BTW, on the attack before this 1, my wallet was showing several times the orphans it usually gets during an attack. Either the attack is changing, or pools all going down is causing very low "legitimate" hashing power. I hope this doesn't kill the network.

i'm getting nothing right now with minerclaim its my hash is going between 40 - 600khs getting so many boos its crazy
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
DOGEvangelist

others is follow??

others is follow??
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
I'll try to make out a test tonight as much as possible; since got a daily work to do, would depend how the thing proceeds.

I'm gonna post tomorrow.
Hmmmmm i think there is more wrong with minerclaim then meets the eye.
Now xmg.minerclaim.net:3333 is down

I can confirm, though from looking through the logs leading up to my miners saying they couldn't connect, I saw that one of them had got 45/254 shares accepted. They most likely closed mining on 3333 until they resolve whatever backend issues they're experiencing.

*sigh* now have to change all the miners again to port 7008

I can confirm, though from looking through the logs leading up to my miners saying they couldn't connect, I saw that one of them had got 45/254 shares accepted. They most likely closed mining on 3333 until they resolve whatever backend issues they're experiencing.
I just now reallized something quite interesting...

https://image.ibb.co/hSLP9S/Capture.png https://image.ibb.co/iVi0in/Capture.png https://preview.ibb.co/kFdNw7/Capture.png

Did I somehow spend money that I didn't have? How is my wallet showing that I have more money than I actually have?

a glitch?
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
DOGEvangelist
I know it is uber fantastic idea, but what if you make the coin mineable only with... linux. It sounds a bit stupid even for me, but it can solve a problem - remove botnets. There are no linux botnets around. It seems a bit fantastic, but can make coin profitable.
I am fully agree with you. Only with "it sounds a bit stupid")
Grin

Linux only? That's what 95% of my miners run, but only accounts for only 35-ish% of my mining power. The Core i5-7200U in my Windows laptop, when it's rarely running, is more powerful than all my devices. Plus, I'm fairly sure that Vitalik's botnet is mostly comprised of VPSes running a variant of a Linux distro like Ubuntu, Redhat or Arch.

Not to mention that completely alienates the Windows XMG community.

More to the point, how would you make it only mineable in Linux? Can't do it.
I know it is uber fantastic idea, but what if you make the coin mineable only with... linux. It sounds a bit stupid even for me, but it can solve a problem - remove botnets. There are no linux botnets around. It seems a bit fantastic, but can make coin profitable.
Grin

Linux only? That's what 95% of my miners run, but only accounts for only 35-ish% of my mining power. The Core i5-7200U in my Windows laptop, when it's rarely running, is more powerful than all my devices. Plus, I'm fairly sure that Vitalik's botnet is mostly comprised of VPSes running a variant of a Linux distro like Ubuntu, Redhat or Arch.

Not to mention that completely alienates the Windows XMG community.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Grin
I just now reallized something quite interesting...

Did I somehow spend money that I didn't have? How is my wallet showing that I have more money than I actually have?
Activity: 881
Merit: 501
bla bla bla ... I do want to make sure we're down to the original way, that I believe (certainly personal optinion) is the way going.

ok

CPU and Raspberry Pi- mining is one of the best features of MAGI. Wink Wink
This is fucked. Wallet Generated 4 invalid stakings transactions in a row!!!!

Since I feel a little at fault for this exploit being overused, I went ahead and sent you the 0.03946617 XMG difference of the invalid stakes to the wallet in your signature.

Thanks jonathin. But i wasnt expecting anyone to do anything like that. Its just getting ridiculous that this situation isn't fixed yet and its not just affecting me its affecting everyone and its taking so long to fix it.

But i dont understand how its a little your fault?

It was, in a small part, my fault because my dumb little rants sort of egged him on. I don't think he would be hitting the network as hard as he is if I had just kept my frustrations to myself.
This is fucked. Wallet Generated 4 invalid stakings transactions in a row!!!!
http://jemisp.com/wallet.png

Since I feel a little at fault for this exploit being overused, I went ahead and sent you the 0.03946617 XMG difference of the invalid stakes to the wallet in your signature.

Thanks jonathin. But i wasnt expecting anyone to do anything like that. Its just getting ridiculous that this situation isn't fixed yet and its not just affecting me its affecting everyone and its taking so long to fix it.

But i dont understand how its a little your fault?
Jump to: