Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 131. (Read 2375617 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 0
So I use to mine this coin 2 years ago as experiment with my PC, now because I got a few PCs always on I was thinking to mine again but the coin seems to be down, any chance to work again in the future ?
as of right now it might be a long time, its not working for us lower folks but its working for Vitalik_Pedik and the higher end pc users because of a bug he found so we have to wait for a patch.

at this rate maybe next year if we're lucky

Rather next century. Poor cpu coins infected by pane' botnets. Any gpu botnets around?
Activity: 154
So I use to mine this coin 2 years ago as experiment with my PC, now because I got a few PCs always on I was thinking to mine again but the coin seems to be down, any chance to work again in the future ?
as of right now it might be a long time, its not working for us lower folks but its working for Vitalik_Pedik and the higher end pc users because of a bug he found so we have to wait for a patch.

at this rate maybe next year if we're lucky
Activity: 20
copper member
Activity: 68
Merit: 2
Activity: 102
Oh how interesting. Now the network is being attacked externally by possible solo miner. 80000khs unaccounted for, when adding up all the pools. i'm going to assume its not done by Vitalik as he always uses a pool.

(Image)

Instead of being a smug asshole, why don't you try to explain?

There is probability that he is Vitalik-Pedik, and enjoying doing something ugly for "community coin".
Oh how interesting. Now the network is being attacked externally by possible solo miner. 80000khs unaccounted for, when adding up all the pools. i'm going to assume its not done by Vitalik as he always uses a pool.

there is a chance 50/50 its him by the chance he meant from his reply
Activity: 98
Merit: 11

(Image)

Instead of being a smug asshole, why don't you try to explain?
Activity: 168

https://i.imgur.com/JvfBOtH.gif

true since max kh/s is only 60 and i have no idea how to make a cpu rig just for it and the only way i see to do that is a huge raspberry pi cluster. And thank you for replying.

A Cluster of Raspberry pi's should give you a reasonable hashrate. Depending how many you have in your cluster. but depending how much you pay for a pi. Here by the time i buy 4 pi's here in Australia i can do a cheap computer with a reasonable cpu and get more then a cluster can.

give you an idea i have a AM4 AMD A8-9600 (Quad Core) (APU) using 3 threads at 100% i get 40 - 65khs from it (not overclocked) if i used 4 threads i would get 55 - 70khs max
I have another AMD AM4 Ryzen 5 1500x (4 core) using all 8 threads at 100% i get 80 - 140khs from it (overclocked too)
I have another AMD AM4 Ryzen 7 1700 (6 core) using all 12 threads at 100% i get 115 - 180khs from it (not overclocked)
both are not over clocked either

thats cool i got a am+3 fx 6300 6 core, thank you for the info. what type of miner are you using im using m-cpuminer-qt and only get 8 threads max

Thats a good one thats a little higher then the one i have. Mine is a fx 6100 6core. i try to use to use m-minerd (Commandline version) as much as i can for the ease of automation for cold starts/reboots. i got it running on a 21 core VPS i run for my business. and got it using 16 threads. if you need help with the batch file let me know.
http://www.coinmagi.org/files/m-cpuminer/m-cpuminer-qt-64-win.zip
http://www.coinmagi.org/files/m-cpuminer/m-cpuminer-qt-32-win.zip

i've only used sweetspot once
http://www.coinmagi.org/files/m-cpuminer/NeedIfFindIt-Sweet-Spot/

with my 6100 i get 40 - 65khs, its alittle overclocked but not by much.

as the fx series doesnt use multiple threads per core you'll best be able to use use 6 threads.
if your unsure go to task manager and click on more details if using windows 10
then go to performance. and then right click on the cpu graph on the right and go to change graphs and select logical processes
this will tell you how many threads your cpu has and thats the best max you can use. if you go over that amount you will reduce your hashrate.
going 1 thread lower sometimes gives you better results. it will all depends on heatsink and its heat dissipation.
  i have a old Xeon 8 Core 3.06Ghz wich get me about 50 to 70 khs and 2 raspberry pi one pi hash rate is like 7 the other is 3.29 kh the weird part is one min i am getting 350 khs out of the xeon and then it drop back to 50 or so the pi well some time jumpo up to 50 kh why i dont know not sure if it from the russian guy playing with the net work i have never seen my kh jump up like this before, and my pool shows i made 7 magi coins sicne the hack started but i olny got 2 the rest where orpaned

It would be going up and down due to the difficulty levels and a few other things which i'm not 100% sure. bu i seen a cpu one mine lose 100khs difficulties, etc. and having a older CPU it would struggle a little more then new cpu's
ill be buying raspberries over time i wanted to get a total of 28 for a cluster and get solar panels to power it but it will be a long while before i do get more.

thats a very good way of doing it. and using a 100ah to a 200ah battery will be perfect for when you get those bad days where cant generate power much. i got a 1300ah 48v battery bank here at my place that i use to run my house, etc. and use to mine with.
thank you for all the information Smiley i cant wait to get more raspberry pi 3b+'s and i hope they fix it soon or i will be mining another pc coin.

Happy to help. I agree with you. So many ppl blame the miners and not the devs. Thing is its both. but devs more for not fixing this since they known the problem for over 6 months.
true since max kh/s is only 60 and i have no idea how to make a cpu rig just for it and the only way i see to do that is a huge raspberry pi cluster. And thank you for replying.

A Cluster of Raspberry pi's should give you a reasonable hashrate. Depending how many you have in your cluster. but depending how much you pay for a pi. Here by the time i buy 4 pi's here in Australia i can do a cheap computer with a reasonable cpu and get more then a cluster can.

give you an idea i have a AM4 AMD A8-9600 (Quad Core) (APU) using 3 threads at 100% i get 40 - 65khs from it (not overclocked) if i used 4 threads i would get 55 - 70khs max
I have another AMD AM4 Ryzen 5 1500x (4 core) using all 8 threads at 100% i get 80 - 140khs from it (overclocked too)
I have another AMD AM4 Ryzen 7 1700 (6 core) using all 12 threads at 100% i get 115 - 180khs from it (not overclocked)

thats cool i got a am+3 fx 6300 6 core, thank you for the info. what type of miner are you using im using m-cpuminer-qt and only get 8 threads max

Thats a good one thats a little higher then the one i have. Mine is a fx 6100 6core. i try to use to use m-minerd (Commandline version) as much as i can for the ease of automation for cold starts/reboots. i got it running on a 21 core VPS i run for my business. and got it using 16 threads. if you need help with the batch file let me know.

as the fx series doesnt use multiple threads per core you'll best be able to use use 6 threads.
then go to performance. and then right click on the cpu graph on the right and go to change graphs and select logical processes
this will tell you how many threads your cpu has and thats the best max you can use. if you go over that amount you will reduce your hashrate.
going 1 thread lower sometimes gives you better results. it will all depends on heatsink and its heat dissipation.
  i have a old Xeon 8 Core 3.06Ghz wich get me about 50 to 70 khs and 2 raspberry pi one pi hash rate is like 7 the other is 3.29 kh the weird part is one min i am getting 350 khs out of the xeon and then it drop back to 50 or so the pi well some time jumpo up to 50 kh why i dont know not sure if it from the russian guy playing with the net work i have never seen my kh jump up like this before, and my pool shows i made 7 magi coins sicne the hack started but i olny got 2 the rest where orpaned

It would be going up and down due to the difficulty levels and a few other things which i'm not 100% sure. bu i seen a cpu one mine lose 100khs difficulties, etc. and having a older CPU it would struggle a little more then new cpu's
ill be buying raspberries over time i wanted to get a total of 28 for a cluster and get solar panels to power it but it will be a long while before i do get more.

thats a very good way of doing it. and using a 100ah to a 200ah battery will be perfect for when you get those bad days where cant generate power much. i got a 1300ah 48v battery bank here at my place that i use to run my house, etc. and use to mine with.
thank you for all the information Smiley i cant wait to get more raspberry pi 3b+'s and i hope they fix it soon or i will be mining another pc coin.
It is scaring to see CPU mining, one by one, not working or doing the right thing any more.  Wink Wink

honestly you can kinda blame the devs on not fixing the issues and enforcing the pools to limit the hashing rates based on IP's/Magi Wallets, etc and not protecting the nodes better, etc. its made it almost impossible because of theses ppl who have 2000khs and up. its gotten to the point where if you dont have a reasonable hashrate your lucky to mine 2 coins every 2 or 4 weeks.

i'm not trying to push the blame away from the miners but its more the devs then the miners because of the lack of progress on fixing the issue. Instead they are more concentrating on new features. It doesnt matter how shinny you make the coin. Its the backend and the ability to enforce the fairness of it as well. right now ppl have to become unfair to make it fair. Unless something is done to fix this its going to continue on and make things worse for everyone.

Activity: 881
Merit: 501
It is scaring to see CPU mining, one by one, not working or doing the right thing any more.  Wink Wink

Activity: 32
So, since we haven't heard from the dev's on this yet, I was wondering if there might be a solution that could be implemented without modifying the code base. However, that comes down to what the attack vector is. Does anyone have any info on where the vulnerability is?

I read over a portion of this message chain, and I read several mentions of 1) modified/inaccurate timestamps, and 2) control of a large number of nodes. 

I am at work currently so do not have a lot of time to check post history, but below might have a starting point...

About november-december attack
I am posting here about this capability in september-october, and waiting for fixes..
And someone start it using my information or may be own research, I am joined to it after.
Now I am not posting info about vulnerabilitys here or on github because someone can use it again, and with very bad effects for net. I am not do mistakes twice)
Activity: 27
So, since we haven't heard from the dev's on this yet, I was wondering if there might be a solution that could be implemented without modifying the code base. However, that comes down to what the attack vector is. Does anyone have any info on where the vulnerability is?

I read over a portion of this message chain, and I read several mentions of 1) modified/inaccurate timestamps, and 2) control of a large number of nodes. 
Activity: 22

And about devaluation
I am add 0.06% avg to moneysupply every day. It is not so much in fact that soon dev will fix it.

You are devaluing the currency far more than 0.06% if your chart is remotely accurate. Devaluation is not money supply alone.

Agree 100% with this. 0.06% DAILY is ridiculous.
Activity: 32

And about devaluation
I am add 0.06% avg to moneysupply every day. It is not so much in fact that soon dev will fix it.

You are devaluing the currency far more than 0.06% if your chart is remotely accurate. Devaluation is not money supply alone.
Jump to: