Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 9. (Read 2375260 times)

legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Magi can now be traded for BTC (or vice versa) @ MoonDEX!  Smiley

Help us increase trading volume and liquidity of this exciting cryptocurrency here: https://dex.moondex.org/market/BTC-XMG
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello all!

I'm hoping someone can help me... I had a catastrophic failure of my linux machine and had to start from scratch with a new install. I have downloaded and reinstalled the Magi Coin Wallet. It has also finished syncing with the blockchain. My question now would be how to access my old wallet & regain the XMG within it. I have my public address as well as my 12 word wallet key. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Hackjaz
Activity: 34
whats going on with minerclaim? it went down for 13hrs than it says its finding coin but i can't mine it............ also 73% unknown hash.. wtf wtf wtf.. was doing great with nobody mining it so rewards were getting over 30coins now its back to under 2 for the reward...... people stop mining so i get bigger rewards

do anybody know owner of minerclaim? get him on discord  plz plz its so much better there
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
Full Blockchain backup at 02 March 2020

https://gofile.io/?c=b5CRfY

Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.
Okay so a 99% drop...
what happens now?
Are other people moving to other low power CPU coins?

That's the thing, isn't it? There just _aren't_ any other low-power coins. m7m is the only algorithm that punishes miners for high (total network) hash rate.

Really, the biggest problem with Magi is that development essentially stopped. Even the last update was just a bug-fix because someone had found a way to abuse the network. It actually would be really interesting to build this onto Komodo or one of the other parallel-chain platforms with atomic-swap. It would also be super cool to get m7m added as an algorithm to one of the many multi-algo POW coins out there (Myriad, DigiByte, etc...) and work some AuxPOW magic. Lots of things could be done with Magi, but nothing has been. No development. Less marketing. It's really a shame.

Other, younger, coins have done lots of work to target CPU-mining specifically. Why didn't they adopt m7m-hash instead of developing their own algorithm? Who knows and at this point it doesn't much matter.
Activity: 21
Okay so a 99% drop...
what happens now?
Are other people moving to other low power CPU coins?
Activity: 9
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Bump message from Discord :

If anyone has still Magi left on tradesatoshi: it's time to get it off that exchange, they're closing in a week.

Discord channel MAGI invite link: https://discord.gg/mEqXwnw
The bloc transaction with more 100 XMGs is now 6 days old with 6273 confirmations... and the PoS still doesn't work.
My wallet is at the last version, the blockchain is synchronized and I have 20 connections to the MAGI network.
I don't understand where is the issue if the official minimum amount of XMG for stacking is really 100 XMGs in 1 transaction.

I suppose you have :
# posii=0 to disable PoS staking; default = 0
posii=1

In your magi.conf.

Please send us a picture of your staking message.

This is mine :

https://i.imgur.com/aAujbS1.jpg
Yes I have the good parameters in my conf file.
But I have found the issue : the conf file I configured is the one in the "conf" directory of the Magi wallet installation (Linux OS), but I found it is not the conf file used by the wallet...
To configure the good conf file (the good location), I used the wallet GUI (menu "Help", "Edit Magi.conf") : ctrl+c and ctrl+v of the first conf file in the second and my wallet is stacking.
All is fine now, ouch !

Thank you for your reply.

what is your wallet on? i just picked up a pi4 and im gonna see how difficult it is to get the magi wallet to POS.... anybody have experience with wallet on linux machines?
Trasmamod seems to be offline again. I like supporting this smaller pool, but am grinding on minerclaim until it's back to rights.

Calling tommyrsk... Grin

If you like to support smallest pools, why do not use xpoolx? they use PPLNS too, like trasmamod and the fee is smaller (0.5%).

./m-minerd -o stratum+tcp://mining.xpoolx.com:2000 -u YourMagiWalletAddress -p c=XMG,mine=XMG
sorry to say, but xpoolx have problems too, but admins promise to fix them Smiley

Thanks for the tip, I'll try them out tonight.
Activity: 100
Trasmamod seems to be offline again. I like supporting this smaller pool, but am grinding on minerclaim until it's back to rights.

Calling tommyrsk... Grin

If you like to support smallest pools, why do not use xpoolx? they use PPLNS too, like trasmamod and the fee is smaller (0.5%).

./m-minerd -o stratum+tcp://mining.xpoolx.com:2000 -u YourMagiWalletAddress -p c=XMG,mine=XMG
sorry to say, but xpoolx have problems too, but admins promise to fix them Smiley

Calling tommyrsk... Grin

Calling tommyrsk... Grin
I tried to get some BTC from tradesatoshi.
This is not possible, no warning and also no support.
My advice : Do not use tradesatoshi anymore.

tradesatoshi has great customer service. double check your email to confirm your withdraw and use VPN and make sure it says you're in saudi arabia or africa. only 2 places crypto currenty not banned or being restricted.....

transferred all my 32 BTC to cash back in november @ 8100 USD each

they even asked me if i have any crypto currency when i got my taxes done haha 

if you get your BTC traded off to XMG let me know how much. i traded my BTC for XMG once i learned how to do POS and now im working on the pi4 to turn into staking box and see how much 1,051 xmg will stake me at the end of a year. i say monthly check-ins on here to see if anything updated. All in all this coin is at a plateau for a year, it will probably stay at this wallet for a while. but i really wish we can get it to work on a pi3....=] =] =] [/size]
Activity: 407
Merit: 100
Hello Dev,

Next time you plan a qt update would you please make it possible to select where to store Blockchain.  Most now have that option & it stops from clogging up c drive.

Thanks
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Chrome is not letting download wallet from http://m-core.org/bin
Activity: 800
Merit: 143

I confirm, TradeSatoshi is most likly a scam.
I have a pending withdrawal in bitcoin hanging since November and plays dead on my support tickets.
Avoiding them is highly recommended.
legendary
legendary
btcpop.co is a working exchange for this asset
Yes, you're right! I did not know.
Thanx!
Pages:
Jump to: