Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 13. (Read 2375260 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
has anybody been looking at this    https://miningpoolstats.stream/magi??? currently as we speak its 140 MH/s

told me when the global hash rate reaches over 100 MH/s 46-51% of it is "unknown" so it looks like there's a big whale mining hahaha

did someone crack it to mine with those antminers? or those now outdated bitman miners that use scrypt since LTC coin and BTC are now haved and harder to POW mining its like everybody going over to alt coins such as DOGE or TRTL. to keep their mining rigs in the mix.....

all i know is if these coins keep halfing we going to see a huge drop in BTC price and people on reddit are saying that this could be the end for cryptocurrency since the US are forcing banks to stop with anything cryptocurrency
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Activity: 30
Hi, is this coin still alive? Is there an exchange of her somewhere?
Activity: 13
Which developer can contact yobit.net ?
for help them to complete the technical work!
or to find out how long the works will last?
and when turn on a deposit wallet?

p.s. Past works lasted 6 months.
legendary
CoinExchange.io users, be aware: https://www.coinexchange.io/news/post/85/
CoinExchange.io is also closing.
Activity: 100
Nova Exchange is closing
See https://novaexchange.com/news/
Please withdraw your XMG and other cryptos from Nova Exchange.
Sep 26 at 10:50 AM

Dear Nova Trader

The Board of Directors of the parent company has decided to set a new course for Nova and reshape the value offer into a new crypto trading experience.

This means that on Monday, October 7th, trading on Nova Exchange will cease and close. At the same time the Nova API will be deactivated.

The Nova Exchange terms & conditions are terminated. New terms & conditions are announced today and will come into effect automatically 30 days from today's date (September 26th, 2019).

The most important part of this message is this:

1. This is purely a Business Decision.

2. There has been no hack.

3. There has been no fraud.

4. There has not been any wrongdoing of any kind whatsoever.

5. Nova Exchange will not assume responsibility for swaps or forks starting from today onwards.

Goobit Group, that owns Nova, also operates the well known Swedish bitcoin exchange service BTCX. Starting from 2012, our team is among the best and most experienced in the world in dealing with crypto assets. Now, even if we can’t disclose our exciting plans today, we can tell you that Nova, in some form, will enrich and play a key role in shaping the crypto future for the masses, however not in the shape and form that you know today.

What happens now?

Obviously you, as a trader, are encouraged to withdraw your funds as soon as possible. Our team stands ready to help you get a smooth withdrawal process. However, the rules regarding identification (KYC), as stated in the terms of service that you have accepted when opening your account, must, and will, stand.

No identification - No withdrawal.

It is as simple as that. Even though trading will close, we must comply with the law, and make sure that all funds end up with the rightful owner.

The Nova platform will be open for regular withdrawals for one month after this announcement; that is until October 25th at 23:59 (CEST). After that date there will be additional fees charged, and we can’t guarantee at what rate we can accommodate your requests. It might take up to 30 days, depending on the load. So please make your withdrawals at your earliest convenience and DO NOT deposit more funds in the now obsolete addresses that you have used in the past.

- Starting from October 28th until November 27th, there will be an equivalent to 0.0001 BTC custody fee charged at the time of the withdrawal request.

- Starting from November 28th until December 19th, there will be an equivalent to 0.005 BTC custody fee charged at the time of the withdrawal request.

- Starting from December 20th until January 27th, there will be an equivalent to 0.01 BTC custody fee charged at the time of the withdrawal request.

- From January 28th 2020 onwards the Nova website will be closed and users will have to get in touch with us to claim their assets.

- The custody fee will increase by 0.005 BTC every month on the 28th onwards.

The Nova Team is very proud and grateful to have been of service to you and we are thrilled to come back with the new products we're currently building.
legendary
Nova Exchange is closing
See https://novaexchange.com/news/
Please withdraw your XMG and other cryptos from Nova Exchange.
Very quiet in here lately...
How y'all doin'?
How's the staking goin'?
How's the steak goin'? (if you are or have lately eaten steak, in which case: how was it prepared & it?)
 Grin

Not been doing much staking recently - I need to dockerize my wallet but too lazy

Hey starman, I hear ya, I need to figure out how to compile, run, & interact with magi wallet on a RPi3 but too lazy stoopid  Grin.

I've read somewhere suggestion to stake on external hdd rather than sd card. I'm not professional and could be wrong, but isn't pos writing data on storage? If yes, then hdd would last longer.

i use my pi3 to boot OS from a HDD and another one from a SSD and it does increase the HASH RATE by 10% and the performance of the pi is much much better but it does require a special power supply. i use this one board and enclosure that you can get on amazon for like $25 but it does get a little hot so i added another fan over the pi instead of off to the side like the original desgin. its nice and it adding link to it so you can check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073J97ZVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

fyi i only burnt out one SD card mining on my pi but that was because it was getting too hot 99C but now its on that and in a case with a better fan and no issues. my cpu temp stays at 51.6 to 60C and hasn't throttled or burnted out the HDD.
How y'all doin'?
How's the staking goin'?
How's the steak goin'? (if you are or have lately eaten steak, in which case: how was it prepared & it?)
 Grin

Not been doing much staking recently - I need to dockerize my wallet but too lazy

Hey starman, I hear ya, I need to figure out how to compile, run, & interact with magi wallet on a RPi3 but too lazy stoopid  Grin.

i just been busy making a case for my stake box... got a raspberry pi 4 up and running with the wallet staking away 24/7 and im just trying to get a doge coin wallet on it as well to keep on staking. the pi4 with 4gb of ram only  using about 628 of memory so think i am gonna test it out this weekend to see if i can do both =]

only thing i am curious about is why there is a generated stake not accepted?? does that happen when 2 people stake at the same time??
Activity: 9
Then I ran magid:
$magid -daemon
Magi server starting

Okies, cool, let's check its head:
$ magid getinfo
error: couldn't connect to server

Huh

It's running now but I can't seem to interact with it and the debug.log keeps growing, when it was smaller its entries seemed to indicate magid was scanning the blockchain data which was bootstrapped earlier. Now, 12hrs later, debug.log is ~27MB and I still can't interact with magid.

I'm not sure, but to me it seems like magid is syncing the blockchain over the network from scratch (you're about 800k blocks from the top away).
So i guess something went wrong with using the bootstrap-file and it would explain why it's taking that long.
During syncing you can't interact with it via the rpcport.

"magid --help" lists all commands to startup magid and is not the same as
"magid help" which lists you all available rpc commands, once it's finished syncing.

"magid help walletpassphrase" tells you:

walletpassphrase [mintonly]
Stores the wallet decryption key in memory for seconds.
mintonly is optional true/false allowing only block minting.
Activity: 102
How y'all doin'?
How's the staking goin'?
 Grin

I've read somewhere suggestion to stake on external hdd rather than sd card. I'm not professional and could be wrong, but isn't pos writing data on storage? If yes, then hdd would last longer.
Activity: 43
Really wish there was a guide or some documentation on compiling and working with magid from cli. I think it compiled correctly on my RPi3B, not 100% sure because there were some warnings during build but it ended without an failure message. So I fetched & extracted the blockchain bootstrap, copied over my password protected wallet file & chmod its permissions so magid user has RW, then made the magi.conf
rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
rpcport=8232
server=1
listen=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

posii=1

Then I ran magid:
$magid -daemon
Magi server starting

Okies, cool, let's check its head:
$ magid getinfo
error: couldn't connect to server

Huh

It's running now but I can't seem to interact with it and the debug.log keeps growing, when it was smaller its entries seemed to indicate magid was scanning the blockchain data which was bootstrapped earlier. Now, 12hrs later, debug.log is ~27MB and I still can't interact with magid. It is running on a Raspberry Pi 3B (4 core Boardcom BCM 2837 64 bIT ARMv7 @ 1200MHz with 1GB SDRAM@400MHz) with 32-bit Raspbian Stretch OS, so it would need some time to complete scanning, assuming it's working correctly at all, debug.log continues to grow, some recent entries:
$ tail -f ./.magi/debug.log
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
received block 8f031265f4ce55e7c7f5
SetBestChain: new best=8f031265f4ce55e7c7f56def2faf5c4301abac377064842b53eed6046fde1c8f  height=1595313  money supply=8383829  trust=69492547269500  date=12/15/17 11:11:27
Stake checkpoint: 1e264b89
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
received block 5779387a8206defb0392

If anybody has come across m-wallet cli documentation let me know because I'm not sure if magid is able to work with my password protected wallet I copied over before I started it up, and the only commands I can find are from this old btctalk post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9925696;topicseen#msg9925696 so I'm unsure of relevancy to current wallet:

magid help
magid getnewaddress
magid listtransactions
magid walletpassphrase YOUR_PASSWORD 9999999 true

I can only guess that 9999999 is the unlock duration & true specifies unlock.
magid --help provides a bunch of manpage output but none of the commands listed above are mentioned in it.

Apologies for the long post, I just assumed that if any help is offered a lot of questions would be asked and all the above info would probably cover most of them.

Why all the trouble for a RPi when so much awesome sauce exists? It's efficient & low power, in keeping with Magicoin intentions/credo, so it would be a great way to leave a wallet staking, much better than using my main computer  Undecided
How y'all doin'?
How's the staking goin'?
 Grin

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
How y'all doin'?
How's the staking goin'?
 Grin

How y'all doin'?
How's the staking goin'?
 Grin
Finally began staking. The problem was that I thought magi wallet is reading info from it's directory, but actually /Roaming/Magi is the place, from where it is reading info. I knew this place, but simply forgot (lots of info in real life) that it is necessary to edit it. After copy->paste this magi.conf from /conf directory to /Roaming/Magi staking has began  Cool

Yay! Can also find the conf via Help > Edit magi.conf  Smiley
Glad to hear you've overcome.
Finally began staking. The problem was that I thought magi wallet is reading info from it's directory, but actually /Roaming/Magi is the place, from where it is reading info. I knew this place, but simply forgot (lots of info in real life) that it is necessary to edit it. After copy->paste this magi.conf from /conf directory to /Roaming/Magi staking has began  Cool
No luck. Still "Not staking.", reason unknown  Undecided

That's very frustrating, I wish I could help but I can't think what to do other than TeamViewer in and look at setup BUT I would very strongly advise against letting some stranger access your computer remotely, especially for this kind of sensitive thing.

In case it helps, here's my config including peers:
Code:
# You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
rpcuser=someusername
rpcpassword=somepassword

# Listen for RPC connections on this TCP port:
rpcport=8232

# server=1 to accept JSON-RPC commands
server=0

# listen=1 to accept connections from outside
listen=1

# RPC connection from localhost allowed
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

# Solo mining
#daemon=1

# Add nodes to connect to specific peers
addnode=45.35.251.73
addnode=45.58.48.63
addnode=101.53.235.81
addnode=104.128.225.215
addnode=104.128.225.241
addnode=104.131.5.234
addnode=104.167.108.80
addnode=108.172.5.230
addnode=108.49.185.211
addnode=109.154.196.46
addnode=109.233.187.84
addnode=109.90.233.95
addnode=206.189.74.45

# Enable staking (minting)
posii=1

# Transaction under stake with a value greater than the threshold is being split
stakesplitthreshold=500

# Transactions with values less than the threshold will combine into one
stakecombinethreshold=250
You don't need more than one XMG address for staking.
You can send your coins to yourself (one address) by coin control to create blocks.

Right, got it. With a single address:
  • use coin control to select blocks of XMG = 100-1000
  • send the selected blocks to the same address they're already in, thus consolidating them into 1 block
  • set up for staking (posii=1, split & join cfg, unlock for staking)
  • wait for 520+ confirmations to get weight & staking to begin

After generating those 2 small amounts all my coins are all out of stake and now available, including the ones I most recently moved to get a 2nd stake  Undecided
No luck. Still "Not staking.", reason unknown  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: