Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 12. (Read 2375260 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 0
Is it even worth mining this coin anymore?   I am in the US and can't find an exchange I trust to sell off what I have, if the is one.  And feels like the Dev is just letting it die.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
Are there developers coins here?
Please contact with Yobit to turn on XMG coin.
The reason for turning off the coin is not critical !
There was a status a delay. They tried to eliminate the delay but failed.
May be you can help him.

A message is sent to Yobit to request a wallet update.
Hopefully they can respond at this time. 
Activity: 13
Are there developers coins here?
Please contact with Yobit to turn on XMG coin.
The reason for turning off the coin is not critical !
There was a status a delay. They tried to eliminate the delay but failed.
May be you can help him.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
cpu-pool's version of cpuminer-opt already supports most of the coins (including M7MV2) without a 0.85% fee... also with source and binarys available for us linux afficionados....

https://github.com/cpu-pool/cpuminer-opt-cpupower/
Activity: 2520
Merit: 626
Activity: 34
Any pool is fine really, looks like theres a list linked there ^^^ 
I see.
What pools do you recommend?
I have been using MinerClaim, and it seems to be identical to the one you linked. Are there any differences?
Which one should I use?
I don't have a powerful setup (a couple of Raspberry Pis and an old laptop).
Should I look for pools with a lot of people and very good PC's, or something else?
Sorry, I'm new to this.

your setup sounds fine man, magi is perfect for small cpus like Pis, and when it comes to pools as long as the pool seems to be on the correct chain and actively hitting a block here and there (every few hours at the most)
then its all good, any pool is fine, i use that mhash one i linked but only cause XMG dosent seem to be on suprnova's pools anymore (/cry lol)
i also solo sometimes, its super easy thru the wallet, but the external miners are much more effective if you can hunt them down and set them up Wink

what do you mean by external miners?? like is there something powerful for magi??

im using pi to mine turtlecoin as well and its kinda neat that i am using that to buy doge coin =] magi not really tradeable unless on tradesatoshi....... im using magi as learning cure but i been wanting to setup some type of miner for magi becuz it seems really hard to get a 100k hash rate on gaming units. power bill be crazy high hahaah

im thinking of 3d printing a case for a pi cluster and setup a stack of 4 to mine and than just keep adding stacks of 4

POS = NEAT!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
Any pool is fine really, looks like theres a list linked there ^^^ 
I see.
I have been using MinerClaim, and it seems to be identical to the one you linked. Are there any differences?
Which one should I use?
Should I look for pools with a lot of people and very good PC's, or something else?
Sorry, I'm new to this.

your setup sounds fine man, magi is perfect for small cpus like Pis, and when it comes to pools as long as the pool seems to be on the correct chain and actively hitting a block here and there (every few hours at the most)
then its all good, any pool is fine, i use that mhash one i linked but only cause XMG dosent seem to be on suprnova's pools anymore (/cry lol)
i also solo sometimes, its super easy thru the wallet, but the external miners are much more effective if you can hunt them down and set them up Wink

legendary
Activity: 2
I see.
Which one should I use?
Sorry, I'm new to this.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
Hi!
Is this coin dead? It seems to have dropped a lot in value: (compared to Jan 2018)
https://cryptoslate.com/coins/magi/

I'm new to this coin (and cryptocurrencies in general), so I don't really know.
I'm currently mining at ~30KH/s (is that good?)

If it is dead, what could be some alternatives to it? (cpu-minable, stakeable, light...)

Hey buddy,i wouldn't ever really say Magi is "dead", its just kinda a fringe coin
it tends to have alot of troubles here and there, and has been pretty quiet since Cryptopia had its "situation"
You can still mine and stake it tho, the networks still alive Smiley hard to say if there's any good alternatives QUITE like magi, as most get taken over by GPU then FPGA
But magi has a variable reward and interesting algo that makes it generally not worth it. its great haha   

Activity: 34
Hi!
Is this coin dead? It seems to have dropped a lot in value: (compared to Jan 2018)

If it is dead, what could be some alternatives to it? (cpu-minable, stakeable, light...)

to be honest i am around 20kH/s with just 3 raspberry pies running, its low power consumption so i say you probably losing on the power end. but yea thats like 50 coins a year with average downtime and such.

but this coin is the coin i learned a lot from and making plans to change to other coin just to gamble away on websites playing games and such. but all in all the staking part took me a little time to understand and build up the coin to help stake.

tests i am doing are:
1-put wallet to raspberry pi for 24/7 staking
2-split the 1,000 xmg to stake @600-700 to see if i make more on staking in a week. everybody seems to be doing 1k xmg per stake
3- pray i can get it to run on raspberry pi so i can stake a lot =]

Activity: 2
Hi!

legendary
Hello all, I mined some Magi a year or so ago when I first got involved with crypto...got side tracked to other coins...am now slowing down and revisiting my roots...how do I restore the wallet from my original mnemonic seed? TIA
You can find your wallet.dat in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Magi.
Please back up your wallet and install newest Magi wallet software.
Place your original wallet.dat in path above.
Activity: 1
Hello all, I mined some Magi a year or so ago when I first got involved with crypto...got side tracked to other coins...am now slowing down and revisiting my roots...how do I restore the wallet from my original mnemonic seed? TIA
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
As for the future of magicoin? That's hard to tell. I'm just coming back around to the coin, so I'm assuming the Vitalik_Pedik thing is over with. Can someone give me the tl;dr?
Since the problem you mentioned nothing new happened with Magi.
I guess, most people will say, it's a dead coin now.
But many people are still mining and staking and Joe told me recently to go on with this project.

What makes a coin is not its development, but rather its community, and I do believe that we have a strong one here!
legendary
will you be developing XMG?
Not for now, maybe in the near future.
Activity: 41
As for the future of magicoin? That's hard to tell. I'm just coming back around to the coin, so I'm assuming the Vitalik_Pedik thing is over with. Can someone give me the tl;dr?
But many people are still mining and staking and Joe told me recently to go on with this project.

will you be developing XMG?
legendary
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
has anybody been looking at this    https://miningpoolstats.stream/magi??? currently as we speak its 140 MH/s

told me when the global hash rate reaches over 100 MH/s 46-51% of it is "unknown" so it looks like there's a big whale mining hahaha

did someone crack it to mine with those antminers? or those now outdated bitman miners that use scrypt since LTC coin and BTC are now haved and harder to POW mining its like everybody going over to alt coins such as DOGE or TRTL. to keep their mining rigs in the mix.....

all i know is if these coins keep halfing we going to see a huge drop in BTC price and people on reddit are saying that this could be the end for cryptocurrency since the US are forcing banks to stop with anything cryptocurrency

The way that I look at it is if people with all these multi-thousand dollar mining rigs want to make money, they will find a way to make it work.

Pages:
Jump to: