Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private - page 44. (Read 45784 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
i think this is scam project
be careful about  your private keys guys

There's no risk really when you use a seperate wallet for the fork. See here:

To make sure that your XMR and keys can't be compromised in any way you should do the following:

- Create a new wallet specifically for the fork and move your XMR to this wallet.
- ‎after the snapshot move your XMR back to the original wallet
- ‎You can then use your newly created wallet, that holds no XMR anymore after the snapshot, to claim your MoneroV

You should do it that way with every fork.

why do we need this fork?

The whitepaper answers this question best. It's a good read: https://monerov.org/MoneroV-Roadmap.pdf
Activity: 261
Merit: 101
why do we need this fork?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
i think this is scam project
be careful about  your private keys guys
Activity: 94
Does anybody know whether there are exchanges that are going to support the fork and credit the customers with MoneroV accordingly?
None have been announced yet, maybe closer to the fork date will have some exchanges doing this

It's good opportunity for smaller exchanges, a chance to get some more customers over to their system
Activity: 462
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Does anybody know whether there are exchanges that are going to support the fork and credit the customers with MoneroV accordingly?
Activity: 140
Merit: 14
Pardon my ignorance if I ask a stupid question.
If I have 10XMR in mymonero wallet, will I be able to get 100XMV and hold my 10XMR?
Or will I have to exchange them?

no you get them for free, probably have to import your private keys on the monerov wallet
Activity: 19
Pardon my ignorance if I ask a stupid question.
If I have 10XMR in mymonero wallet, will I be able to get 100XMV and hold my 10XMR?
Or will I have to exchange them?
Activity: 6
Its quite an interesting project, my doubt is how will XMR and XMV behave in the market after the hard fork  Wink I have some XMR so i always welcome a new free coin  Grin
Activity: 3
I just noticed that Ryan Hildreth is promoting this project (Bitconnect). Aaaaand im out.
Activity: 1
whether can i receieve MoneroV, if i hold my monero in cold wallet whitch generated on moneroaddress.org
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM
Wrote an article regarding the airdrop and the risks of it hurting the main chain's anonymity: link

Seems like the issues were not taken care of as the original distribution plan was kept.

I read this and it is somewhat one-sided.
What about the issues raised by xmv being a good thing, exposing a basic flaw with monero?

Except the same flaw will exist with MoneroV aswell if someone decides to airdrop a MoneroX on MoneroV. As they didn't do anything to adress the "flaw", why would you support a project that shows a flaw and is unable to fix it? They even go as far as use the Monero name and ignore the things that Monero developers asked in the twitter quote from the article. Building fundamentals on destroying the parent chain's anonymity while you don't have a fix for it? Didn't intend to scare people away from the project, but you should really think further.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
can i'm ask something  Roll Eyes
i'm miner on minergate and  can i get XMV too ?
Activity: 147
Wrote an article regarding the airdrop and the risks of it hurting the main chain's anonymity: link

Seems like the issues were not taken care of as the original distribution plan was kept.

I read this and it is somewhat one-sided.
What about the issues raised by xmv being a good thing, exposing a basic flaw with monero?

To make sure that your XMR and keys can't be compromised in any way you should do the following:

- Create a new wallet especially for the fork and move your XMR to this wallet.
- ‎You can then use your newly created wallet, that holds no XMR anymore after the snapshot, to claim your MoneroV

This is sound advice and exactly what i'm going to do with mine.
Activity: 192

- Create a new wallet especially for the fork and move your XMR to this wallet.

Activity: 90
SO what makes you different from monero? Or just a copy of monero and continue to copy what monero lab is researching?
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
can this hardfork be accountable, and will not cause MONERO dump?
because we have experienced in the past such as hard fork that is issued by NXT
Activity: 7
<< mining pool reserved >>
jxt
Activity: 94
To get XMV, Monero coins should be on the local wallet Huh
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212
This was kind of expected after the number of Bitcoin hardforks and the odd Ethereum one. What I don't understand is why it's just an snapshot airdrop and not a hard fork taking place? Wouldn't a hard fork make sure sense or is the code that much different? You'd get a more stable price with a proper hard fork imo.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM
Wrote an article regarding the airdrop and the risks of it hurting the main chain's anonymity: https://walletinvestor.com/magazine/monerov-monero-fork-risk/

Pages:
Jump to: