Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] $XQN Quotient Financial Network | PoW Scrypt, PoS Blake-256 | UPDATE NOW - page 13. (Read 194399 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Bought some more cheap xqns. Now we sit on our asses and do absolutely nothing to move crypto forward while we wait for the dev to do all the work.

I have been sitting on my ass since long and always seen a price drop. All my buys are above 3000 shitoshis.

^^^ There, fixed that for you
Activity: 644
What does the recompute button do? I put my coins on auto optimize and preferred  block size 618 and sent coins to my wallet in 2000 increments to different address in the wallet. Do i need to do anything else or does this sound right? Thanks in advance.

The recompute button is used to forcibly refresh the graphical view whenever you adjust the range of blocks to display. This is just a cosmetic feature, has no correlation at all to staking performance or parameters.

The way that you have split your coins seems overly complicated (you could be using a single address), but should result in good performance. If I understood correctly, your starting point is with blocks of 2000 coins each, auto optimization is enabled and set to 618. Looks good.

Happy Staking!
It took some time sending all those coins at 2k each....I have like 50 addresses...How do you break up the blocks in one address.
why do u need 50 addresses Huh
Bought some more cheap xqns. Now we need a good update.
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
What does the recompute button do? I put my coins on auto optimize and preferred  block size 618 and sent coins to my wallet in 2000 increments to different address in the wallet. Do i need to do anything else or does this sound right? Thanks in advance.

The recompute button is used to forcibly refresh the graphical view whenever you adjust the range of blocks to display. This is just a cosmetic feature, has no correlation at all to staking performance or parameters.

The way that you have split your coins seems overly complicated (you could be using a single address), but should result in good performance. If I understood correctly, your starting point is with blocks of 2000 coins each, auto optimization is enabled and set to 618. Looks good.

Happy Staking!
It took some time sending all those coins at 2k each....I have like 50 addresses...How do you break up the blocks in one address.

settings - options- display then display coin control. if you decide do this remember that coin age will reset and you need to wait again for maturity
Cool thanks....I knew there must be an easier way.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Happy Staking!

settings - options- display then display coin control. if you decide do this remember that coin age will reset and you need to wait again for maturity
legendary

Happy Staking!
legendary
Activity: 1154

Happy Staking!
legendary
Activity: 266
@elgimpo:

The auto optimize will only split your block at the time that it stakes, and will attempt to split/combine your outputs to match the target size (usually 618 if you've left it at default). With a single 10K block size, your stake reward will be 16.18 XQN. If you had instead 2x 5K blocks, your potential reward would be 2x 16.18. So you see, with a single, massive block, you might stake faster, but you're earning a lot less. You are also more affected by luck/variance, since you have a single block, versus many blocks.

My recommendation: take the plunge and split your 10K block into a few with smaller sizes: 10x 1K would be ok, or even 5x 2K if you want to go "large". Doing this now will drop your accumulated coin age, but it is still the best move. From then onwards, the auto optimizer will keep your blocks at ~ ideal sizes. Most likely you'll be waiting a good few days to earn a stake.

Thanks for the info mate, appreciate it.
Activity: 308
if the amount of XQN is going up then the value is just going to decrease over time. Therefore owning this coin is pointless.

this would be true in normal supply and demand, but the underlying utility/speculation is what is driving price

what is the underlying utility?
legendary
Activity: 1154
@elgimpo:

The auto optimize will only split your block at the time that it stakes, and will attempt to split/combine your outputs to match the target size (usually 618 if you've left it at default). With a single 10K block size, your stake reward will be 16.18 XQN. If you had instead 2x 5K blocks, your potential reward would be 2x 16.18. So you see, with a single, massive block, you might stake faster, but you're earning a lot less. You are also more affected by luck/variance, since you have a single block, versus many blocks.

My recommendation: take the plunge and split your 10K block into a few with smaller sizes: 10x 1K would be ok, or even 5x 2K if you want to go "large". Doing this now will drop your accumulated coin age, but it is still the best move. From then onwards, the auto optimizer will keep your blocks at ~ ideal sizes. Most likely you'll be waiting a good few days to earn a stake.
Activity: 266
Quick noob XQN question...

I have around 10k trying to stake for about 5 hours now. My weight is currently at 3269. I have not split my block at all but I have checked the auto optimize button under the stake explorer.
That nasty green button suggests I am still 5 days away from a stake and my coins are about 24 hours old.

so..

Do I need to split my blocks manually or does the auto optimize do this for me and am I really looking at 5 days til I stake?
Will my 10k block pay the max reward and then I will need to start again. I am trying to get my head around how the auto optimize works.

Cheers.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
if the amount of XQN is going up then the value is just going to decrease over time. Therefore owning this coin is pointless.
You just described fiat currency
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist

this would be true in normal supply and demand, but the underlying utility/speculation is what is driving price
Activity: 644
lmao.you have no clue do you Huh
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Fucker of "the system"
i still got a few k glad this is going well ima fire up the qt and eat some stake
Activity: 585
Good morning, hope everybody in Quotient-land had a good weekend.  All's quiet on the Quotient front for now... did some experimenting this weekend with the more recent Bitcoin Core codebase, that will probably be the next wallet update for Quotient, to rebase it on the newer refactored code and then pull in Gavin's signature caching optimization, and try to squeeze more performance out of the Quotient wallet.

Looking good Cheesy
Good morning, hope everybody in Quotient-land had a good weekend.  All's quiet on the Quotient front for now... did some experimenting this weekend with the more recent Bitcoin Core codebase, that will probably be the next wallet update for Quotient, to rebase it on the newer refactored code and then pull in Gavin's signature caching optimization, and try to squeeze more performance out of the Quotient wallet.

Thanks for the update. Grin
Activity: 270
Pages:
Jump to: