Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Yet another GPU miner release! [YAC] - page 19. (Read 53310 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Sorry, I don't notice your problem. Can you re-download the source package & make a clean build follow the building instruction?
Tell me if you still meet problems.

I used the Win32 binary built by Thirtybird.

Now i have the following messages:

C:\.....\Locale~1\Temp\OCLA3.tmp.cl(129): warning: storage-class specifiers not allowed for routines
  static void

C:\.....\Locale~1\Temp\OCLA3.tmp.cl(131): error: bad argument type to opencl vload/vstore: expected pointer to scalar with addrSpace global/local/private/constant(vload only [2013-06-14 19:29:43] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0

Which GPU do you use? Which OS & display driver do you use?

It seems like your opencl version is not support some features.

GPU 5750
Windows XP
ATI Catalyst 11.7
SDK 2.1

Newer versions of catalyst and sdk doesn't work for bitcoin mining.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
Sorry, I don't notice your problem. Can you re-download the source package & make a clean build follow the building instruction?

C:\.....\Locale~1\Temp\OCLA3.tmp.cl(129): warning: storage-class specifiers not allowed for routines
  static void

C:\.....\Locale~1\Temp\OCLA3.tmp.cl(131): error: bad argument type to opencl vload/vstore: expected pointer to scalar with addrSpace global/local/private/constant(vload only [2013-06-14 19:29:43] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0

Which GPU do you use? Which OS & display driver do you use?

It seems like your opencl version is not support some features.
ok folks. yacoin seems to be a nerd-coin until august. not eligible for the populace.

that will in my opinion lead to a price decline.

You're right that people will be afraid of the difficulty decline with N rises. Because it's common sense that the difficulty is the measure of network security for most crypto-coins. But you can also think it as the challenge.

why don't you help me hanzac?
my miner doesn't work yet.

static void

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Thanks for the 5770 clues ThirtyBird and hanzac, much appreciated!  Cheesy
ok folks. yacoin seems to be a nerd-coin until august. not eligible for the populace.

You're right that people will be afraid of the difficulty decline with N rises. Because it's common sense that the difficulty is the measure of network security for most crypto-coins. But you can also think it as the challenge.

Anyone got his 5770 over 56 kH? Seeing a 7790 do over 120 kH makes me thing my good ol' 5770 can do 100 too, but no matter what settings i try, always max out at 56 kH. Currently doing this:
cgminer.exe --device 0 --scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 11 --thread-concurrency 10240

None of the settings have a significant impact. E.g. I had Thread concurrency at 3200 as for scrypt mining, same result. Intensity 11, 12 or 13, same results (except at thread concurrency 3200, then it crashes the driver above 11). Worksize and lookup-gap too. Huh

I've got my 5770 doing 61.5 KH/sec, but I think the only difference is I've ramped up the GPU and memory frequency - the following is what I use:

cgminer --scrypt --worksize 128 --lookup-gap 2 -I 12 --thread-concurrency 10240 --gpu-engine 950 --gpu-memclock 1250

I think the older 5XXX series cards just won't be in the same league as a 7XXX card for YaCoin due to the architecture and/or core GPU speed differences.  My 5870, which runs circles around my 7850 in Bitcoin mining runs about HALF of the 7850 in YaCoin mining.  I don't know exactly what the difference is either - the both has 256 bit bus widths with 1 GB of GDDR5 with comparable memory bandwidths.  The clock difference is 1.1GHz vs 850MHz, plus I can get I=12 on the 7850 where I=11 is the best I can do on the 5870.

The difficulty for 5XXX series might be the "keccak_block", there're lots of 64bit integer operations.

Activity: 693
Merit: 500
Anyone got his 5770 over 56 kH? Seeing a 7790 do over 120 kH makes me thing my good ol' 5770 can do 100 too, but no matter what settings i try, always max out at 56 kH. Currently doing this:
cgminer.exe --device 0 --scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 11 --thread-concurrency 10240

None of the settings have a significant impact. E.g. I had Thread concurrency at 3200 as for scrypt mining, same result. Intensity 11, 12 or 13, same results (except at thread concurrency 3200, then it crashes the driver above 11). Worksize and lookup-gap too. Huh

I've got my 5770 doing 61.5 KH/sec, but I think the only difference is I've ramped up the GPU and memory frequency - the following is what I use:

cgminer --scrypt --worksize 128 --lookup-gap 2 -I 12 --thread-concurrency 10240 --gpu-engine 950 --gpu-memclock 1250

I think the older 5XXX series cards just won't be in the same league as a 7XXX card for YaCoin due to the architecture and/or core GPU speed differences.  My 5870, which runs circles around my 7850 in Bitcoin mining runs about HALF of the 7850 in YaCoin mining.  I don't know exactly what the difference is either - the both has 256 bit bus widths with 1 GB of GDDR5 with comparable memory bandwidths.  The clock difference is 1.1GHz vs 850MHz, plus I can get I=12 on the 7850 where I=11 is the best I can do on the 5870.

Hey, how about actually calling it what was decided upon some time ago - the algorithm is actually "scrypt-chacha", you could theoretically use the scrypt-jane library to mine LTC too.

Don't have the energy to do that now. ;-)
I'm focus on the scrypt-chacha optimization only. Later I'll see if it's possible to merge these different mixing & hash parts.

(the parameter scrypt is so simple to use, I don't like to change it but instead rename the program already to yacminer)
Activity: 756
Merit: 501

Activity: 693
Merit: 500
cgminer --device 0 --scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 12 --thread-concurrency 32768 -o -u -p

Could I use modified cgminer to mine LTC? I think that --scrypt option is not good idea. Why not --scrypt-jane? Other option is to rename cgminer... Current configuration of modified cgminer is confusing.

Ok, I'll fix that.

Hey, how about actually calling it what was decided upon some time ago - the algorithm is actually "scrypt-chacha", you could theoretically use the scrypt-jane library to mine LTC too.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
He should be able to use the cpuminer at the same time.
My 7790 (Core: 1200Mhz Mem: 1600Mhz)
hashing avg.: 126.3kh/s

Parameters:
Code:
 --device 0 --scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 11 --thread-concurrency 8192 -o adress -u name -p pass

If i use a --scrypt-jane program shutdown.

Q: Some other tuning of parameters?? 

Q2: Can I use a processor for hashing with GPU on same time.

Thanks.

I think your 7790 with 126.3KH/s is good enough

The CPU mining functionality is not available.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
My 7790 (Core: 1200Mhz Mem: 1600Mhz)
hashing avg.: 126.3kh/s

Parameters:
Code:
 --device 0 --scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 11 --thread-concurrency 8192 -o adress -u name -p pass

If i use a --scrypt-jane program shutdown.

Q: Some other tuning of parameters?? 

Q2: Can I use a processor for hashing with GPU on same time.

Thanks.
cgminer --device 0 --scrypt --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 12 --thread-concurrency 32768 -o -u -p

Could I use modified cgminer to mine LTC? I think that --scrypt option is not good idea. Why not --scrypt-jane? Other option is to rename cgminer... Current configuration of modified cgminer is confusing.

Ok, I'll fix that.
PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
for those want to mine YAC
i have 2 pools

one is http://yac.ltcoin.net

another is

http://yac2.ltcoin.net

yac2 has low hash, can balance the traffic.

http://yac.ltcoin.net doesnt open in my browser since yesterday..... i mined some coins there yesterday but site went down   Roll Eyes
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
for those want to mine YAC
i have 2 pools

one is http://yac.ltcoin.net

another is

http://yac2.ltcoin.net

yac2 has low hash, can balance the traffic.
Pages:
Jump to: