Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Yet another GPU miner release! [YAC] - page 17. (Read 53345 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250
i thought the original already had lookup gap

No, there was no actual support for it in the OpenCL code.
Activity: 252
i thought the original already had lookup gap
Activity: 301
I added support for LOOKUP_GAP to the scrypt-chacha kernel. This allows higher intensities and higher efficiency. I'm getting 35% more khashes/s out of my 7790.

scrypt-chacha.cl with support for LOOKUP_GAP
https://mega.co.nz/#!l0sixSoQ!Xzzic2-GwMfGu3kefL8A1HmZuC8fuE3tlKiHdVO8-7M

How to use:
1. Download the new kernel file.
2. Rename to scrypt-chacha.cl.
3. Copy to your GPU miner folder.
4. Delete any .bin files.
5. Restart your miner.
6. Adjust intensity.

My miner settings for a 7790:
Code:
./yacmine --scrypt -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 13 --thread-concurrency 8208 -g 1
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
It's not easy task  Wink
You can try rollback the changes and compile and run, to see if have these errors.
Then add the set of changes, one by one, when adding each one, compile & run, to see if have these errors.

This will help you identify which step you make a mistake. Then trying to correct it. I'll go sleep now ...

thank you, goodnight
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
It's not easy task  Wink
You can try rollback the changes and compile and run, to see if have these errors.
Then add the set of changes, one by one, when adding each one, compile & run, to see if have these errors.

This will help you identify which step you make a mistake. Then trying to correct it. I'll go sleep now ...
legendary
i got those ones, am working on these one at a time

cgminer-scrypt.o: In function `GetNfactor':
/home/cole/Downloads/Untitled Folder/scrypt.c:410: multiple definition of `GetNfactor'
cgminer-driver-opencl.o:/home/cole/Downloads/Untitled Folder/driver-opencl.c:1084: first defined here
cgminer-scrypt.o:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `nChainStartTime'
cgminer-driver-opencl.o:(.data+0xd0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Add static modifier to these multiple definitions.
For example,
static void GetNfactor(...)

static int nChainStartTime ...

wow, that got  it to compile thanks....but hehehe it refuses to play ball

Error: clSetKernelArg of all params failed.
 [2013-06-16 20:10:59] GPU 0 failure, disabling!
 [2013-06-16 20:10:59] Thread 1 being disabled
 [2013-06-16 20:10:59] Error: clSetKernelArg of all params failed.
 [2013-06-16 20:10:59] GPU 1 failure, disabling!
 [2013-06-16 20:10:59] Thread 2 being disabled
 [2013-06-16 20:11:00] Error: clSetKernelArg of all params failed.
 [2013-06-16 20:11:00] GPU 1 failure, disabling!
 [2013-06-16 20:11:00] Thread 3 being disabled

... have changed the anything about the kernel parameters? Did you just download the yaminer-beta-src-2.zip and modify?

Yeah i used he one you uploaded

/home/cole/Downloads/Untitled Folder/scrypt.c:410: multiple definition of `GetNfactor'
cgminer-driver-opencl.o:/home/cole/Downloads/Untitled Folder/driver-opencl.c:1084: first defined here

For example,

wow, that got  it to compile thanks....but hehehe it refuses to play ball

... have changed the anything about the kernel parameters? Did you just download the yaminer-beta-src-2.zip and modify?
legendary

For example,

wow, that got  it to compile thanks....but hehehe it refuses to play ball

For example,

legendary

thanks, found it, but i get this error now
driver-opencl.c:1081:26: error: unknown type name ‘int64’
driver-opencl.c:1093:7: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘&=’ token
driver-opencl.c: In function ‘opencl_scanhash’:
driver-opencl.c:1565:17: warning: format ‘%x’ expects argument of type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]
driver-opencl.c:1565:17: warning: format ‘%x’ expects argument of type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]
make[1]: *** [cgminer-driver-opencl.o] Error 1

replace int64 with int64_t?
legendary
thanks, found it, but i get this error now
driver-opencl.c:1081:26: error: unknown type name ‘int64’
driver-opencl.c:1093:7: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘&=’ token
driver-opencl.c: In function ‘opencl_scanhash’:
driver-opencl.c:1565:17: warning: format ‘%x’ expects argument of type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]
driver-opencl.c:1565:17: warning: format ‘%x’ expects argument of type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]
make[1]: *** [cgminer-driver-opencl.o] Error 1
how to tweak for onecoin?

I found it needs some work for onecoin, onecoin uses salsa mixing not chacha mixing. Hash function is same both are keccak-512.

so is it feasible or maybe not worth the effort?

It's of course feasible. I just hope there're some one else can hack it if he's interested. Because my kernel is presented in a very clear way.
Just replace the chacha core with the salsa core, I think just that easy. After that, the Nfactor calculation needs to be changed also.

Because I don't have any onecoin position, I don't really have intention to do that.

i'll give it a crack, any pointers on where to look?

CL kernel file: scrypt-chacha.cl, find the function `static void chacha_core(uint4 state[4])`, trying to replace it with the function `static void salsa_core_basic(uint32_t state[16])` from file scrypt-jane\code\scrypt-jane-mix_salsa.h

scrypt.c, driver-opencl.c: GetNfactor(unsigned int nTimestamp), change to the function in onecoin.

I think basically these two places, other parameter to the scrypt hash seems to be the same like the rfactor, pfactor both are 0.

ok i got the first part and third part done but i cant find the function  GetNfactor(unsigned int nTimestamp) in scrypt.c (onecoin)

It's in the main.cpp? Or search for it.
legendary

I found it needs some work for onecoin, onecoin uses salsa mixing not chacha mixing. Hash function is same both are keccak-512.

It's of course feasible. I just hope there're some one else can hack it if he's interested. Because my kernel is presented in a very clear way.
Just replace the chacha core with the salsa core, I think just that easy. After that, the Nfactor calculation needs to be changed also.

Because I don't have any onecoin position, I don't really have intention to do that.

CL kernel file: scrypt-chacha.cl, find the function `static void chacha_core(uint4 state[4])`, trying to replace it with the function `static void salsa_core_basic(uint32_t state[16])` from file scrypt-jane\code\scrypt-jane-mix_salsa.h

scrypt.c, driver-opencl.c: GetNfactor(unsigned int nTimestamp), change to the function in onecoin.

I think basically these two places, other parameter to the scrypt hash seems to be the same like the rfactor, pfactor both are 0.

ok i got the first part and third part done but i cant find the function  GetNfactor(unsigned int nTimestamp) in scrypt.c (onecoin)
thanks a lot, never messed with cgminer before, i'll tell you if i'm succesful and if i mine a few coin i'll throw some your way.

Cool, if you met some difficulty, let me know. Wink

One last thing: the chacha_core in scrypt.c should also be replaced to salsa_core_basic.
legendary
thanks a lot, never messed with cgminer before, i'll tell you if i'm succesful and if i mine a few coin i'll throw some your way.

legendary

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: