Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Yet another GPU miner release! [YAC] - page 15. (Read 53345 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I wonder who is idiot now ?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Good luck waiting for that 0.000137 price to come.... idiots... thinking you can figure out price based on mining comparison...
Activity: 174
A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.
New revision is out. This tries to avoid nasty division and modulo operations. For whatever reason, this is the fastest kernel for my 7790.

scrypt-chacha-v5.cl
https://mega.co.nz/#!A0VCmZbR!LbTRJQ10nnidSn6U5ZZkCD1LXBwV6HjK7lA4aJaO_ng

Awesome! My former lame duck 6990s are flying now Wink
200 YACs go out to you!

Enjoy!
bitfish
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
New revision is out. This tries to avoid nasty division and modulo operations. For whatever reason, this is the fastest kernel for my 7790.

scrypt-chacha-v5.cl
very nice another 7kh over your original cl on my 560ti, now 49kh =)
based on my accepted shares the pool thinks im mining at 84kh Smiley

tried i 12 and it no longer crashes the driver but i get HW errors
was also able to mess with thread-concurrency without it crashing the driver

--worksize 128 --lookup-gap 1 -I 11 --thread-concurrency 2032
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I can get better hashrates with the v5.cl-file on my Windows-computer as I can raise the intensity even up to 19 (the higher, the less difference though), but for some reason my linux computer still crashes if I try to raise the intensity higher than 13. Anybody having the same problem or know the reason for this?

This. Two identical systems running exactly the same parts and O/S (linux) but one does intensity 18 with no problems and the other can't go beyond 13. Cheesy My windows miners (LTC) can do intensity 18 as well, not sure what's up with the other linux rig. I've tried 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 cards, swapping memory, swapping power supplies, changing all the risers, re-installing the O/S from scratch and it doesn't seem to matter; it just won't go beyond intensity 13 for some reason. Voodoo?  Cheesy
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

scrypt-chacha-v5.cl

Can't believe I didn't notice this before, awesome man!  This update has provided an additional speed boost Cheesy  I have sent you another 200 YAC.  Great job and thanks Smiley
Activity: 56
I can get better hashrates with the v5.cl-file on my Windows-computer as I can raise the intensity even up to 19 (the higher, the less difference though), but for some reason my linux computer still crashes if I try to raise the intensity higher than 13. Anybody having the same problem or know the reason for this?
Activity: 266
Code:
yacminer.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:7687 -u forsetifox -p coins --scrypt --thread-concurrency 8000,2400 -w 64,64 -I 12,12 --lookup-gap 2

I CAN do intensity 13 but I really can't use my system.  Tongue

HD7790/ HD6670: 120khash/ 58khash (using version 5 of the scrypt chacha)

Looks like once the yacoin price his ~ 0.000137 it's about even with bitcoin prices.

Smiley
Activity: 196

At the moment, I see quite the opposite. Even with the very low conversion rate of ~0.000174/BTC. A 10x7950 mining rig will do roughly 0.25 - 0.32 BTC per day (1500-1800 YAC/day). With the current Bitcoin difficulty of 19339258 the equivalent is ~0.145 BTC/day. The YAC gpu miner also draws 400-500 watts less (I assume because it's "not yet optimized"). This is only true of course if you (can) sell your YAC's everyday. If the exchange rate increases a bit, you get an equivalent increase in BTC/day. However, with a market cap is only ~$69K (http://coinmarketcap.com/) it is heavily susceptible to heavy dumping, which will drive the price too low to be profitable (at least for the short term). The effect of the pending N increase (June 25th) is also a factor to consider as well as the subsequent difficulty adjustment.
[/quote]

spot on ! only I have much smaller hashing power, but ratio is about the same ! YAC more profitable then BTC for sure.
Activity: 53
The way I see it, it still is more profitable to mine BTC with GPU rather than YAC so what is the point, really ?

I noticed that too. Even with 10x more hashing power its still about half as profitable as btc mining in my case.

At the moment, I see quite the opposite. Even with the very low conversion rate of ~0.000174/BTC. A 10x7950 mining rig will do roughly 0.25 - 0.32 BTC per day (1500-1800 YAC/day). With the current Bitcoin difficulty of 19339258 the equivalent is ~0.145 BTC/day. The YAC gpu miner also draws 400-500 watts less (I assume because it's "not yet optimized"). This is only true of course if you (can) sell your YAC's everyday. If the exchange rate increases a bit, you get an equivalent increase in BTC/day. However, with a market cap is only ~$69K (http://coinmarketcap.com/) it is heavily susceptible to heavy dumping, which will drive the price too low to be profitable (at least for the short term). The effect of the pending N increase (June 25th) is also a factor to consider as well as the subsequent difficulty adjustment.
Activity: 441
The way I see it, it still is more profitable to mine BTC with GPU rather than YAC so what is the point, really ?

I noticed that too. Even with 10x more hashing power its still about half as profitable as btc mining in my case.

Not sure how gpu mining YAC will affect price over time but I can't see it being a good thing unless the coin has some big tricks up its sleeve.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
Where is yacminer.c being generated then? i tried the --with-scrypt arg to configure in case that might cause configure to create that file but there is still no such file.

There is no yacminer.c; check cgminer.c

echo "  CCLD  " yacminer;gcc  -g -O2 -lpthread  -o yacminer cgminer-cgminer.o cgminer-util.o cgminer-sha2.o cgminer-api.o cgminer-logging.o cgminer-driver-opencl.o cgminer-ocl.o cgminer-findnonce.o cgminer-adl.o           -lcurl   -ljansson -lpthread -lm lib/libgnu.a ccan/libccan.a -lncurses -lpthread

Well I guess the autoconf stuff (./configure) must be broken then, i tried to make sure it had all the right parts for my system by doing autoreconf and that found errors:

Code:
autoreconf -i -f
Makefile.am:40: variable `cgminer_SOURCES' is defined but no program or
Makefile.am:40: library has `cgminer' as canonical name (possible typo)
Makefile.am:26: variable `cgminer_LDADD' is defined but no program or
Makefile.am:26: library has `cgminer' as canonical name (possible typo)
Makefile.am:25: variable `cgminer_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or
Makefile.am:25: library has `cgminer' as canonical name (possible typo)

The Makefile is what is asking for yacminer.c, maybe that has something to do with the broken configure stuff.

-MarkM-

I didn't make assurance for the autoconf. I just modified the ./configure so that it can output the Makefile to output the yacminer named binary.
Please just make clean run of ./configure, It shouldn't be broken as it's tested in my linux env (fedora).
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Where is yacminer.c being generated then? i tried the --with-scrypt arg to configure in case that might cause configure to create that file but there is still no such file.

There is no yacminer.c; check cgminer.c

echo "  CCLD  " yacminer;gcc  -g -O2 -lpthread  -o yacminer cgminer-cgminer.o cgminer-util.o cgminer-sha2.o cgminer-api.o cgminer-logging.o cgminer-driver-opencl.o cgminer-ocl.o cgminer-findnonce.o cgminer-adl.o           -lcurl   -ljansson -lpthread -lm lib/libgnu.a ccan/libccan.a -lncurses -lpthread

Well I guess the autoconf stuff (./configure) must be broken then, i tried to make sure it had all the right parts for my system by doing autoreconf and that found errors:

Code:
autoreconf -i -f
Makefile.am:40: variable `cgminer_SOURCES' is defined but no program or
Makefile.am:40: library has `cgminer' as canonical name (possible typo)
Makefile.am:26: variable `cgminer_LDADD' is defined but no program or
Makefile.am:26: library has `cgminer' as canonical name (possible typo)
Makefile.am:25: variable `cgminer_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or
Makefile.am:25: library has `cgminer' as canonical name (possible typo)

The Makefile is what is asking for yacminer.c, maybe that has something to do with the broken configure stuff.

-MarkM-
Activity: 301

scrypt-chacha-v5.cl
What's your GPU? v4 adds one division operation which could be slow if your GPU doesn't have a division instruction. I can write code that doesn't use division.

I am using a 7870 Tahiti(aka 7930). Normally this card sucks at anything scrypt but for some reason it seems to be on par with a 7950 with yacminer(270khash) with the last version of the CL. Its a finicky card I must admit. I only ever had luck with sha with this card. It hits nearly 600mhash there. Scrypt(cgminer) I get a measly 380khash.
trying v4 now and its actually giving me a huge drop in hash rate. I am down to 165khash at i20 where as I was getting 270 at i12 with the last version.

What's your GPU? v4 adds one division operation which could be slow if your GPU doesn't have a division instruction. I can write code that doesn't use division.
trying v4 now and its actually giving me a huge drop in hash rate. I am down to 165khash at i20 where as I was getting 270 at i12 with the last version.
Only a small update this time. I added automatic compensation for Nfactor changes. This prevents the GPU from crashing by automatically reducing the thread concurrency within the OpenCL kernel. Intensity will still need to be adjusted when N changes (especially if you start getting HW errors).

scrypt-chacha-v4.cl
https://mega.co.nz/#!Jx8DgRhL!Lmh0-HxHm0AYwcePGFSPWV-9bbwd8WN5OwuWiC4oBh4

Next change of N is scheduled for Tue 25 Jun 2013 18:38:24 (GMT).
Activity: 224
Pages:
Jump to: