Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Yet another GPU miner release! [YAC] - page 16. (Read 53345 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Great work on the updated kernel, doubled the hashrate on my 5870 (110Kh/s to 235Kh/s) and increased my 7770's from 125Kh/s to 153Kh/s
PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
Where is yacminer.c being generated then? i tried the --with-scrypt arg to configure in case that might cause configure to create that file but there is still no such file.

There is no yacminer.c; check cgminer.c

echo "  CCLD  " yacminer;gcc  -g -O2 -lpthread  -o yacminer cgminer-cgminer.o cgminer-util.o cgminer-sha2.o cgminer-api.o cgminer-logging.o cgminer-driver-opencl.o cgminer-ocl.o cgminer-findnonce.o cgminer-adl.o           -lcurl   -ljansson -lpthread -lm lib/libgnu.a ccan/libccan.a -lncurses -lpthread
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
it does not compile, one of the main source code files is missing:

I can compile it.
Code:
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/hnindev/files/yaminer-beta-src-2.zip
unzip yaminer-beta-src-2.zip
cd yaminer-beta-src/
chmod +x configure
./configure --enable-scrypt && make

cat ADL_SDK/readme.txt

Where is yacminer.c being generated then? i tried the --with-scrypt arg to configure in case that might cause configure to create that file but there is still no such file.

-MarkM-
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The cryptocoin watcher
Update. My 6850 is maxing out on Linux at 133Kh/s with:

Code:
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
-I 18 -w 128 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1

thread-concurrency and shaders make no difference, except their cap is 8180 and 960. Also above I 15 the gains are very small.
Activity: 441
A (sort of) off topic question for those in the know...

This yacminer seems to work great with my 7870 LE EZ tahiti based(aka 7930) where as its terrible with mining ltc or anything scrypt. I have it up to 270khash now with yacminer compared to the 230 posted for a 7950 in the op. Would I would like to know is what makes this perform so much better than mining scrypt with cgminer for a 7870 tahiti gpu like mine? Also, is it somehow possible to make a tweaked yacminer to mine ltc or other scrypt based coins? I know this sounds odd to those that are unfamiliar with the card. The card is absolute trash at scrypt but its great at sha and it also seems to be just as good as a 7950 with yacminer. If yacminer could be somehow tweaked to mine scrypt so the 7870 tahitis potential could be unlocked thatd be most awesome.
PSL
Activity: 166

I can compile it.
Code:
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/hnindev/files/yaminer-beta-src-2.zip
unzip yaminer-beta-src-2.zip
cd yaminer-beta-src/
chmod +x configure
./configure --enable-scrypt && make

cat ADL_SDK/readme.txt
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/bitcoin/yaminer-beta-src/ccan'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/bitcoin/yaminer-beta-src'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `yacminer.c', needed by `yacminer.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/bitcoin/yaminer-beta-src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/bitcoin/yaminer-beta-src'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@megabox yaminer-beta-src]# ls
01-cgminer.rules  api-example.c    bench_block.h              compat.h       config.sub        driver-avalon.h    elist.h       hexdump.c          m4           ocl.c             scrypt.h       util.c
aclocal.m4        api-example.php  bitforce-firmware-flash.c  compile        configure         driver-bflsc.c     example.conf  install-sh         Makefile     ocl.h             SCRYPT-README  util.h
adl.c             API.java         bitstreams                 config.guess   configure.ac      driver-bitforce.c  findnonce.c   lib                Makefile.am  phatk121016.cl    sha2.c         warn-on-use.h
adl_functions.h   API-README       ccan                       config.h       COPYING           driver-icarus.c    findnonce.h   libztex.c          Makefile.in  poclbm130302.cl   sha2.h         windows-build.txt
adl.h             arg-nonnull.h    c++defs.h                  config.h.in    depcomp           driver-modminer.c  FPGA-README   libztex.h          miner.h      README            stamp-h1
ADL_SDK           ASIC-README      cgminer.c                  config.h.in~   diablo130302.cl   driver-opencl.c    fpgautils.c   linux-usb-cgminer  miner.php    scrypt130511.cl   usbutils.c
api.c             AUTHORS          ChangeLog                  config.log     diakgcn121016.cl  driver-opencl.h    fpgautils.h   logging.c          missing      scrypt.c          usbutils.h
API.class         autom4te.cache   compat                     config.status  driver-avalon.c   driver-ztex.c      GPU-README    logging.h          NEWS         scrypt-chacha.cl  uthash.h

-MarkM-
Activity: 441
Getting 240 on my 7870 LE EZ.
I guess thats good  Smiley

yacminer  --scrypt --worksize 256 -g 2 --lookup-gap 4 -I 11 --thread-concurrency 17000
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
really like this miner, thanks so much for all the hard work Smiley
Activity: 301
Alright, I transferred more features from the normal scrypt kernel and got even more speed out of the scrypt-chacha kernel.

Notable changes:
 - Added support for CONCURRENT_THREADS
 - Fixed support for LOOKUP_GAP when it's not a power of 2

scrypt-chacha-v3.cl
https://mega.co.nz/#!cxUUmRga!I3ttCwVJIjt9g14sXW33FhJZLhtTqyWtcGQ2vFI8vsY

How to use:
1. Download the new kernel file.
2. Rename to scrypt-chacha.cl.
3. Copy to your GPU miner folder.
4. Delete any .bin files.
5. Restart your miner.
6. Look up settings from the Litecoin wiki.

The tuning parameters are now compatible with the scrypt kernel. You can look up optimal settings on the Litecoin wiki:
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison

My settings for a 7790:
Code:
./yacminer --scrypt -w 128 --lookup-gap 2 -I 17 --thread-concurrency 8000 -g 1
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
Edit: see below.
Activity: 75
using your cl file it did not change speeds for me. using nvidia card. 2 k/h slower. but to get optimal settings I had to bump -I up by 1 and double work-size
Activity: 252
I added support for LOOKUP_GAP to the scrypt-chacha kernel. This allows higher intensities and higher efficiency. I'm getting 35% more khashes/s out of my 7790.

scrypt-chacha.cl with support for LOOKUP_GAP
https://mega.co.nz/#!l0sixSoQ!Xzzic2-GwMfGu3kefL8A1HmZuC8fuE3tlKiHdVO8-7M

How to use:
5. Restart your miner.
6. Adjust intensity.

My miner settings for a 7790:
Code:
./yacmine --scrypt -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 13 --thread-concurrency 8208 -g 1
sorry for being suspicious i didnt realise it was just a cl file

nice improvement, was able to get i 11 and another 6kh out of my 560ti, now 42 kh vs 36kh on the old version and 22kh on an i5 Smiley

couldnt find the exact thread-concurrency but after the gfx driver crashing 10 times i gave up. its somewhere between 2048 and 2064

yacminer --scrypt --worksize 128 --lookup-gap 1 -I 11 --thread-concurrency 2064
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
I added support for LOOKUP_GAP to the scrypt-chacha kernel. This allows higher intensities and higher efficiency. I'm getting 35% more khashes/s out of my 7790.

How to use:
5. Restart your miner.
6. Adjust intensity.

Code:

This is great! Thanks!
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Wow, my 5770 went from 56kH to 87kH!  Shocked
Thanks!
You are right, intensity 13 works!  And I have received a bit of a boost on the 7970, awesome job thanks man! Cheesy  Keep up the good work Smiley

If your 7970 has enough memory, you can try even higher intensities. You just need to double thread concurrency with each increase of intensity.

Try something like this:
Code:
./yacmine --scrypt -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 14 --thread-concurrency 16416 -g 1

This needs more than 1 GB of RAM.

Or even higher:
Code:
./yacmine --scrypt -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 -I 15 --thread-concurrency 32832 -g 1

Intensity 15 needs more than 2 GB of RAM.
legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000
I know this is thread about developing cgminer but maybe someone skilled enough can implement scrypt-jane to stratum mining server as pushpool has terrible performance for lots of connections
Activity: 98

How to use:
5. Restart your miner.
6. Adjust intensity.

Code:

maybe the older kernel was still in my cache, or something.  after a reboot it does work now Cheesy

You are right, intensity 13 works!  And I have received a bit of a boost on the 7970, awesome job thanks man! Cheesy  Keep up the good work Smiley

200 YAC for you!
Try a lower intensity if it's freezing. Also make sure you replaced scrypt-chacha.cl and that the .bin files are gone. The settings I posted will crash your GPU with the old kernel.
Activity: 98

How to use:
5. Restart your miner.
6. Adjust intensity.

Code: