Author

Topic: [ANN] Zclassic, Zcash Fork No Premine, No 20% Founders Tax - page 139. (Read 339512 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Whatever their plans might be, the're not much vocal about it. First thing they should address is a proper working wallet and explorer. I managed to get hands on a wallet that works well with my Windows but it was hard to find since the official website doesn't provide proper links. It sucks.

So I'm going for the long on this project. It has taken me many man hours and research to get things in a working condition and even then it's not the way i'd like it.
1) Working block explorer - http://explorer.zclmine.pro/

Thanks for this. I was searching for a working block explorer but couldn't. you saved me some effort.

Follow the telegram chat. The DEV is planning meetings and updates for the Bitcoin Private fork.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Whatever their plans might be, the're not much vocal about it. First thing they should address is a proper working wallet and explorer. I managed to get hands on a wallet that works well with my Windows but it was hard to find since the official website doesn't provide proper links. It sucks.

So I'm going for the long on this project. It has taken me many man hours and research to get things in a working condition and even then it's not the way i'd like it.

Thanks for this. I was searching for a working block explorer but couldn't. you saved me some effort.
Activity: 6
Thank you Dev Grin We are waiting for flight to moon ✵⤴
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604
holy phuck

this is huge news
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
https://twitter.com/BitRushProject
Holy shit - ZCL snapshot "bitcoin private" upcoming to turn zclassic into a privacy based fork. this shit is going higher than BCH. Prepare the FOMO.

Activity: 13
$ZCL going 10 x in a few weeks?

Could be..

I understood that the founders of Zclassic (Rhett and Joshua) are teaming up and are planning a Bitcoin hardfork with zk-SNARK tech by dec 25th. The hard fork will be called ''Bitcoin Private - (BTCP)''. I am following the Zclassic telegram and according to the discussion there, the hard fork will produce a coin with elements of bitcoin gold/cash and Zcash/classic combined (correct me if I am wrong). If this is really the case this hard fork can be super HUGE!!

Everbody holding $ZCL or $BTC will receive 1:1 $BTCP. So if you hold 1 bitcoin, you will get 1 bitcoin private. If you hold 1 zclassic, you will get 1 bitcoin private. Considering the major price difference between bitcoin and zclassic ($19000 and $4), there is a huge upside potential for zclassic. Bitcoin private could be better than bitcoin gold, which is now trading $300 a coin.

If the hard fork really takes places, 10 x would not surprise me! Even 100 x would not surprise me!!

But this is all talk for now and nothing has been confirmed (yet)!! We will have to wait for the official announcement by the developers. So keep an eye on zclassic and dyor. If you see over 10x, don't be surprised. BTCP could be easily trading in the range $500-$1000 or maybe even more..
Activity: 12

2) Eleos for Windows fails once it get's to around 80% block sync. The only thing I can think of the reasoning being is some kind of fork that happened to ZEN...?

-I was able to compile a wallet using VirtualBox and Ubuntu 16.04.3 (17.10 WILL NOT WORK) something with "libboost-system seems to be installed by default" and receive errors "configure:22357: result: no                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
configure:22469: error: Could not link against boost_system-mt !".

-With all that being said, I rented a VPS from OVH and have a full node running now to support the network.

**Multiple attempts to compile Windows wallet have failed. Maybe someone who is a Linux guru can figure this out which would make life better for all of us  Huh

3) I wouldn't jump on the bandwagon of going the Bitcoin "insert shitcoin" name here. I would however consider a re-brand to: LiteZ.

-If the dev is looking, I do believe that your replay protection idea is needed and should be implemented. The LiteZ name comes from my belief that Litecoin is going to be the next gen coin for fast payment transfer. It sounds like they will be the first to implement the Lightning Network technology and if Zclassic were going to implement a change, Lightning Network technology would put this coin where it needs to be.
Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
I think it is good idea, number of coins is low price should jump

How much would you pay for one kilowatthour ?

Blitzcoin? Don't go stupid on me! The name is zclassic. No new logo thanks. Freakin marketing noobs!

PS: Make a wallet that normal people can find out how to install and use. I have that piece of garbage elos or eleos.. something.. wallet for windows. It don't work (javascript error).
Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
You can mine one a day with a gtx980 (compare that to zcash).  This coin is going nowhere for a long time to come.

Soooooo cheap to make.
I am curious about the rebranding aswell. What will it be. It's a good moment to jump into the market with a privacy coin.
Activity: 617
Merit: 251
Hi, what will happen with ZClassic? It will be called another name, what is it?
Activity: 756
Merit: 541
Hi;

If ZCL rebranding will result with "Bitcoin Sahdow" or somthing with "Bit" it will be disaster. Please don't.

Kind regards
Activity: 3
I think it is good idea, number of coins is low price should jump
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
On Twitter, the new dev team is proposing to re-brand this as Blitzcoin or something. There is also something going on to make this a Bitcoin fork. While I commend the team for resurrecting this gem, I'm not sure about the Bitcoin fork plans. This may very well work as a ZEC clone without founders reward.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Zcl will go x 10 in few weeks.
Activity: 56

***  ALERT * WATCHONLY-GUI BUG * ALERT ***

Greetings, friends at Zclassic! As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug.

Zclassic (ZCL) - As a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible to this bug.

ISSUE: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal.  You can import and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777b: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet: https://i.imgur.com/sVd0QTL.png

Quote from: jl777B
"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • How does your recommended GUI deal with watchonly addresses?
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

Quote from: jl777B
"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

I've been tasked with spreading awareness and facilitating discussion of this bug, so please let me know if you have any questions. I'll get you some answers and we can minimize the impact. We wanted to reach out directly to the developers of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own GUI wallet).

- Jay
Activity: 3
why is coin failing now? Was coin pumped and now is over? Or can we expect rise in future. What are developer's plans?
I believe this coin has quite some potentential looking at zcash en zencash. Hope they get the block running soon
Activity: 28
The coin is going to grow exponentially for days and weeks to come.

The price of btc was only $1,400 usd when this coin was at an all time high.

The liquidity in alts has gone up 10 fold since that happened so expect this to really pick up steam.

Even with 24hr volume equal to market cap, the price didn't move at all. I guess there are equal number of non-believers as there are people who want to make quick buck.

I personally think, this has a definite future if team executes it well.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
spattered throughout the golden ethers
Somehow, even with a non-working block explorer, headed back to ATHs.

http://zclexplorer.org/

What is going on?

its being fix.

dev is back and all the people that have dumped from the last fews months are buying back in.

its not even a "pump"...

I'm not sure anyone realizes how unprofessional not having a working block explorer, it's unclear state of 'being fixed' is for supposedly a big boy crypto.
Jump to: