Author

Topic: [ANN] Zclassic, Zcash Fork No Premine, No 20% Founders Tax - page 175. (Read 339512 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
ZCL Update

New ZClassic Windows Wallet 0.1.0 - https://github.com/fxminer/zclassic-windows-wallet/releases

Features
- Annonymous and public account transfers support (zaddr, taddr)
- Anonymous blockchain messanger (zmsg)
- Native Windows ZClassic v1.0.8-1 (Full node)
- Can be used as cold wallet address generator

What is new in latest release?
Resolves DoS security issue caused by certain zk transactions

The GUI interface wallet does not work.

It keeps giving the network problem or something like that...

Does the non GUI wallet work correctly?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
ZCL Update

New ZClassic Windows Wallet 0.1.0 - https://github.com/fxminer/zclassic-windows-wallet/releases

Features

The GUI interface wallet does not work.

It keeps giving the network problem or something like that...
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi all

In preparation for the launch of ZEN I have installed Eleos ZClassic wallet for OSX.

On the https://zencash.io website it states "Simply import your private keys into the new Zen wallet to redeem your tokens."

I have recovered a XMR wallet in this fashion, however, I cannot find anywhere any information on how to get the private key from the ZCL wallet.

Does anyone have any information on the above or on how to backup the wallet?

Thanks

^ this needs to be answered
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
When is the hard fork available ?

I know that if I have 100zcl coins then I also have 100zen after hardfork is it right?

Can I mine Zen coin the same as ZCL coin? Thank you.
Activity: 15
Is there any possiblity of Poloniex to add ZCL to their exchange pre-fork? It would be awesome for the price pump of ZCL Smiley

Poloniex is very picky for choese the coin which one can trade on their exchange

When the coin is already on Poloniex?
your opinion
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
If you aren't comfortable ........
Waiting for ZEN COIN
Activity: 44
Just has a small panic lol.

I installed the latest Eleos GUI, and when I opened it, I was greeted with an empty balance.
I tried to import my wallet, but got an error about tar??.

How I fixed it:

1) Stop whatever you are doing and backup your wallet.dat file, mine was here:
C:/user/"my name"/appdata/Roaming/zclassic/wallet.dat
^ appdata is a hidden folder, you may have to change your settings to see it.

2) rename the following folders:
C:/user/"my name"/appdata/Roaming/zclassic  to zclassic2
C:/user/"my name"/appdata/Roaming/eleos   to eleos2
C:/program files (x86)/Eleos to eleos2
C:/program files (x86)/zclassic to zclassic2

3) Reinstall the old version of eleos, copy your wallet.dat file into this folder C:/user/"my name"/appdata/Roaming/zclassic/

4) open eleos and wait for it to sync, and export your private key with command line
zcash-cli exportprivkey ...

5) rename all those folders again to ...3

6) Install the new version of eleos and let is sync

5) import your private key from command line
zcash-cli importprivkey ...

Probably some extra steps there, but I wanted to be really careful.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Is there any possiblity of Poloniex to add ZCL to their exchange pre-fork? It would be awesome for the price pump of ZCL Smiley

Poloniex is very picky for choese the coin which one can trade on their exchange
Activity: 182
Trader*Investor
how much time for the hard work ?
Activity: 223
Hi all

In preparation for the launch of ZEN I have installed Eleos ZClassic wallet for OSX.

On the https://zencash.io website it states "Simply import your private keys into the new Zen wallet to redeem your tokens."

I have recovered a XMR wallet in this fashion, however, I cannot find anywhere any information on how to get the private key from the ZCL wallet.

Does anyone have any information on the above or on how to backup the wallet?

Thanks
Activity: 178
Activity: 19
ZCL Update

Features

Activity: 153
Will the 100k block be in May? Which day? 23? The price of ZCL is rising fast, it is better to start buying...

From Zencash webpage and forum:

There is nothing happening at block 100,000.

https://blog.zencash.io
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1819977.240

Zen Launches During Consensus NYC on May 23

Zen will launch as a fork of ZClassic. Inspired by Ethereum Classic’s fork from Ethereum, all existing ZClassic holders will receive an equal amount of Zen at launch. This is a demonstration of the support of the community for both coins going forward. The Zen team is working with select Exchanges to assist in this process, and will announce the specific ways to make sure Zen coins are awarded 1-for-1 with existing ZClassic.

Zen launches on Tuesday, May 23nd at 10 pm Eastern. By that time there will be many other elements of the launch in place. This includes:

Verified exchange support
Linux wallet and roadmap for other wallets
Node specifications and configuration instructions
Mining pool applications
This is an exciting time! Bitcoin has shown everyone what is possible with cryptocurrency, Zcash developed truly secure transactions, Dash demonstrated how developers and node operators should be rewarded with funding along with the miners, Decred showed a sustainable model for governance.

Zen is a truly revolutionary platform that takes the best from other crypto-currencies and adds secure communications, secure resilient nodes, and a governance organization to enable continued improvement forever!

If you would like to be part of the Zen movement, come find out more and become part of the community at zencash.io.

Can I invest in Zen prior to launch?

Yes. Anyone who holds Zclassic prior to the launch on May 23rd will be given a 1:1 credit of Zen. This is a result of the Zen genesis originating from the Zclassic blockchain.

I am an early Zclassic investor, what does this mean to me?

Anyone who holds Zclassic prior to the launch on May 23rd, 2017 will be allocated a 1:1 amount of Zen automatically. Simply import your private keys into the new Zen wallet to redeem your tokens. We are also working with the various exchanges to ensure everyone will be credited appropriately on their platforms.

GOOD LUCK   Cool
Activity: 758
Merit: 250
Will the 100k block be in May? Which day? 23? The price of ZCL is rising fast, it is better to start buying...
Activity: 532
Merit: 101

Your math is wrong.
5% dev
3.4% nodes

8.4% total tax. Not 12.
On zencash.io it is stated that another 3.43% will go to" Core Discretionary" resulting in 88.12% left for miners.
Activity: 574
that is very expensive for a Fork and New Coin. Grin
But i will keep my eyes on this coin. Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
Confusing indeed.. 100k block is around May 1st I think, a lot earlier than May 23rd.

So ZEN is going to fork Zclassic but add back in the 20% tax? How long until someone forks out the tax again and makes ZENclassic  Grin

No where near 20% tax.

5% developer fee. 3.4% goes to people that run nodes.  That's only 8.4% not 20% and a lot of that is going back to the community holders that run nodes.

Also because this is a community, not company coin, even that 5% will be spread to a lot more people in this community.
It's still fucked up, 12% total tax is still too high and the masternode concept is flawed. Not saying it isn't a good idea to buy in order to sell to a greate fool, worked with SDC.

BTW: actually creating a fork of ZEN might be a good idea, if it is to the better why not?
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
This is awfully confusing. The Zclassic twitter said the snapshot will happen on the 100,000th block.
but people say 23rd of may.

which one is it? where can I find some more info on the subject?

Confusing indeed.. 100k block is around May 1st I think, a lot earlier than May 23rd.

So ZEN is going to fork Zclassic but add back in the 20% tax? How long until someone forks out the tax again and makes ZENclassic  Grin

No where near 20% tax.

5% developer fee. 3.4% goes to people that run nodes.  That's only 8.4% not 20% and a lot of that is going back to the community holders that run nodes.

Also because this is a community, not company coin, even that 5% will be spread to a lot more people in this community.
Activity: 86
This is what i see yesterday via tweeter

fxminer (@fxminer) tweeted at 11:23 am on Tue, Apr 18, 2017:
$ZEN fork will happen on NYC Consensus Conference 23rd May block number is not important. @ZclassicCoin  @zencash_io  $ZCL #zclassic
(https://twitter.com/fxminer/status/854264128248086529?s=03)

I have some zcl coins on bittrex exchange so if I should keep it on bittrex exchange or private wallet on desktop ? How many zen coins Can I have if I have got 1000zcl in my account? Thanks.

U should put them in the wallet before the fork, after u will have 1:1 zcl/zen
General rule never let your coins in an exchange, keep it safe in YOUR wallet.

Thank you for your advice and  I will transfer all coins on the exchange to my private wallet on desktop PC. Perhaps This is a good chance for me to get more profit.
Activity: 260
This is what i see yesterday via tweeter

fxminer (@fxminer) tweeted at 11:23 am on Tue, Apr 18, 2017:
$ZEN fork will happen on NYC Consensus Conference 23rd May block number is not important. @ZclassicCoin  @zencash_io  $ZCL #zclassic
(https://twitter.com/fxminer/status/854264128248086529?s=03)

I have some zcl coins on bittrex exchange so if I should keep it on bittrex exchange or private wallet on desktop ? How many zen coins Can I have if I have got 1000zcl in my account? Thanks.

U should put them in the wallet before the fork, after u will have 1:1 zcl/zen
General rule never let your coins in an exchange, keep it safe in YOUR wallet.

Yes, always on your wallet, not on an exchange. A few months ago I had around 0.50 btc on Bter.com and my account got hacked, even with extra security, and never saw them again Sad (and bter just ignored it...)
Jump to: