Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 162. (Read 663229 times)

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Has there been any discussion about how many ZCoin will be required to run a Znode?
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
Any update? This coin is sitting in my wallet in the last 8 months. I need to  know this is been worked on otherwise..... Please dev what is the latest?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi all. I mining some Zcoin. How much time need for Unconfirmed go to Confirmed?
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
What's the procedure to unlock the wallet?

Does this coin stake if left online and unlocked?
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
Hi Devs, I would like to know if there is any chance that ZCOIN will be listed on Binance Exchange as the Chinese and South Korean Markets are producing large volumes.  
more exchanges is only really good for us.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Hi Devs, I would like to know if there is any chance that ZCOIN will be listed on Binance Exchange as the Chinese and South Korean Markets are producing large volumes. 
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
i support you guys holding the Zerocoin changes implemented into Zcoin closed source for a while, in this day of open source coins getting constantly copy-katted, it seems logical to me. Zcoin investors deserve ZCOIN to get the positive eyes on them for the work they have done, others can do the work the same way, or wait for the commits to be posted to copy ;p
That gives Zcoin time for deserved market advantage for a bit atleast
Always, Forward! Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Looks like price is getting pumped again and for good reasons, time to start loading up while it's still cheap because once MTP is implemented the sky is the limit  Wink
Activity: 199
I think the best 2 years after the gradual open source more appropriate, do not hastily open source. Because zcoin is now in the initial stage of development, zcoin is still very fragile. You should learn how nem handles open source
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Very interesting article.

https://t.co/HCdAQEwCcu

Tnx for sharing.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
Some development updates:

Poramin has just pushed in our private repo the fixes needed to implement the Zerocoin improvements and fixes.
Tim Ruffing has pushed the the fixes on libzerocoin as well.
Tim is now looking through Poramin's code to ensure it works as intended and Aizensou and SN are working to integrate the Zerocoin improvements into the new core upgrade 0.13.

There will be an academic paper published as well to detail these fixes so that other Zerocoin implementations (if there are any other original implementations) can fix them independently and contribute to Zerocoin research.

Our new Zerocoin code will be open sourced in due time but may not be done immediately.

We are still weighing our options here as a lot of hard work and resources was put into this and all these fixes are backend which are not quite visible to the user but are important to improving the Zerocoin protocol and its security.

No Open Source ?

Can you expand on this , it's too serious to be mentioned lightly

There was some debate as to whether to allow other coins to immediately take advantage of the improvements we are making to Zerocoin and we know there are a quite a few coins out there just waiting for us to release this. Hence we were thinking maybe to delay the open sourcing by a few months and this would be balanced as the academic paper detailing these fixes would allow others to be aware of the issues and just not the code to immediately implement it. These type of steps aren't unprecedented as coins such as Dash initially closed source their Dark Send feature and NEM still has its NIS infrastructure remain closed source despite commitments to open source it.

However after discussion our team remains committed to open source and the changes we do to Zerocoin will be available when the new code goes live. We remember that without Bitcoin's open source and the researchers' work in coding the initial libzerocoin, there will be no Zcoin. So no need to worry about it, the releases we make will be all open sourced and subject to public audit/scrutiny.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
how many Zcoins do I recieve when I closed a Block ?
Activity: 160

Poramin has just pushed in our private repo the fixes needed to implement the Zerocoin improvements and fixes.
Tim is now looking through Poramin's code to ensure it works as intended and Aizensou and SN are working to integrate the Zerocoin improvements into the new core upgrade 0.13.

There will be an academic paper published as well to detail these fixes so that other Zerocoin implementations (if there are any other original implementations) can fix them independently and contribute to Zerocoin research.

Our new Zerocoin code will be open sourced in due time but may not be done immediately.

We are still weighing our options here as a lot of hard work and resources was put into this and all these fixes are backend which are not quite visible to the user but are important to improving the Zerocoin protocol and its security.

No Open Source ?

Can you expand on this , it's too serious to be mentioned lightly
Activity: 490
Merit: 250

As for open sourcing it, what is the time frame we are discussing here? Is it possible that you keep it secret for several more months? In the end, you have to open source it anyway. You can't run an anonymous crypto on a large scale. Why would anyone trust this if there are enough open source alternatives?
Activity: 742
Merit: 257
And we go again.

Thanks for good work. But i have missed a lot since April and have question. As i know, here were some rumors about Z-nodes. Any news?
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)

Activity: 938
Merit: 251
XZC is going down to like 0.0019 at least, sell now and re-buy later

Any reason for this dump?

Thanks!

Stop crying please!

You trust = keep

You do not trust and are impatient = sell

The team is doing innovation every day. This is not a code copy like a lot of currency crypto. Zcoin works with researchers and implements something unique and the best technology of anonymity.

Instead of complaining, be happy to be able to buy it at this price. This is a chance for us.

Many have not had that chance with Zcash!

A big thank you to the team of Zcoin, not having released, at launch, a product already finished! Otherwise we should have bought it for $ 200!

So think a little before you complain and buy everything you can, after it will be too late, I tell you!

Chill dude. Nobody complains or will sell. ;-)
Just trying to understand better what is happening here and the point of views around this currency. I believe this is what a forum is made for, right ?

I was just asking why @forzendiablo thinks it will go to 0.0019. (maybe worth reinforcing at this price)
Maybe he has an argumented answer, and I'd be interested in hearing it.

What is happening here! I have not heard of any recent activity of Zero platform! All the coin  that was launched at the same as xzc are building wonderful tech in tgeir various ecosysten! Please we need sn update
Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
Done since 1 month 😉
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
XZC is going down to like 0.0019 at least, sell now and re-buy later

Any reason for this dump?

Thanks!

Stop crying please!

You trust = keep

You do not trust and are impatient = sell

The team is doing innovation every day. This is not a code copy like a lot of currency crypto. Zcoin works with researchers and implements something unique and the best technology of anonymity.

Instead of complaining, be happy to be able to buy it at this price. This is a chance for us.

Many have not had that chance with Zcash!

A big thank you to the team of Zcoin, not having released, at launch, a product already finished! Otherwise we should have bought it for $ 200!

So think a little before you complain and buy everything you can, after it will be too late, I tell you!

Chill dude. Nobody complains or will sell. ;-)
Just trying to understand better what is happening here and the point of views around this currency. I believe this is what a forum is made for, right ?

I was just asking why @forzendiablo thinks it will go to 0.0019. (maybe worth reinforcing at this price)
Maybe he has an argumented answer, and I'd be interested in hearing it.
Jump to: