Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 165. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
After reading this page I can see that there are people finally noticing that these guys are clowns/hacks. anybody who had compiled the source code should have seen that and known from obvious stupid mistakes that would have been fixed before release by any real programmers (all of the warnings, faulty comparisons, etc.) .. yes people wished for this thing to live so they spent all their money on zcoins. i sure did. and when i realized those 50 were gone i sold the all remaining very quick. i had 635 left and they were only worth $6.5 at the time. I paid more yet I could care less. my funds are in tact and the coin i put in has grown to almost double since.

i warned you all but you ignored me because you think i am a "newbie" cause this idiotic forum has me labeled as such. the fact is that i have been using computers since i was a small child and have plenty of practical experience. i am no longer a child if you could not have guessed but this is not about me at all. it is about the fact that when people show up with WARNINGS maybe some of you folks holding large amounts of ZCOIN should TAKE HEED and do your OWN RESEARCH instead of writing it off for FUD and lies. I am one of the most honest people you would ever encounter that is the hilarious IRONY of this whole situation.

the response from the devs (and the community) to me losing 50 coins is the same response that I warned you about that you should have listened and known these people are running scared and probably hacked the damn things (typo error) THEMSELVES>

yes enjoy and have a nice life I am done checking thread unless a zcoin dev messages my inbox to help me solve the 50 coins gone problem from mintzerocoin .

i dont expect much at this point they have much bigger issues.

Did you try to export wallet on another computer (a windows vm for example)?
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
After reading this page I can see that there are people finally noticing that these guys are clowns/hacks. anybody who had compiled the source code should have seen that and known from obvious stupid mistakes that would have been fixed before release by any real programmers (all of the warnings, faulty comparisons, etc.) .. yes people wished for this thing to live so they spent all their money on zcoins. i sure did. and when i realized those 50 were gone i sold the all remaining very quick. i had 635 left and they were only worth $6.5 at the time. I paid more yet I could care less. my funds are in tact and the coin i put in has grown to almost double since.

i warned you all but you ignored me because you think i am a "newbie" cause this idiotic forum has me labeled as such. the fact is that i have been using computers since i was a small child and have plenty of practical experience. i am no longer a child if you could not have guessed but this is not about me at all. it is about the fact that when people show up with WARNINGS maybe some of you folks holding large amounts of ZCOIN should TAKE HEED and do your OWN RESEARCH instead of writing it off for FUD and lies. I am one of the most honest people you would ever encounter that is the hilarious IRONY of this whole situation.

the response from the devs (and the community) to me losing 50 coins is the same response that I warned you about that you should have listened and known these people are running scared and probably hacked the damn things (typo error) THEMSELVES>

yes enjoy and have a nice life I am done checking thread unless a zcoin dev messages my inbox to help me solve the 50 coins gone problem from mintzerocoin .

i dont expect much at this point they have much bigger issues.
Activity: 225
well since the value went up a bit i am attempting one last ditch effort to recover my zcoins. compiling their latest version now. since ya'll called me a liar i thought I would share a tiny snippet from the multiple pages full of warnings generated by libzerocoin and allies. so you think it is absolutely impossible for that to have lost my coins? so much that you will call me a liar and i have received no guidance or messages in my inbox from team ZERO coin. now i am a bit spiteful and I was over the topic but compiling the latest version has brought the creation of a followup on my previous posts. still waiting for a message from somebody who may wish to actually offer help not just a bad attitude.

if this is what the 'community' thinks of as professional software developers worthy of managing our resource and a multi million dollar network of cryptos something is very wrong with the logic.

-----------------------------------

^
src/main.cpp: In member function ?bool CTransaction::CheckTransaction(CValidationState&, uint256, bool, int) const?:
src/main.cpp:1213:118: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_GOLDWASSER && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                      ^
src/main.cpp:1246:118: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_GOLDWASSER && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                      ^
src/main.cpp:1289:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1296:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1323:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1399:115: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_RACKOFF && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                   ^
src/main.cpp:1430:115: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_RACKOFF && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                   ^
src/main.cpp:1472:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1479:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1506:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1582:116: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_PEDERSEN && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                    ^
src/main.cpp:1615:116: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_PEDERSEN && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                    ^
src/main.cpp:1657:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1664:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1691:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1767:118: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_WILLIAMSON && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                      ^
src/main.cpp:1801:118: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                         if (pubCoinItem.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_WILLIAMSON && pubCoinItem.id == pubcoinId && pubCoinItem.nHeight != -1) {
                                                                                                                      ^
src/main.cpp:1843:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1850:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
                                                            ^
src/main.cpp:1877:60: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                                                 && item.id == pubcoinId
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:52:0,
                 from src/libzerocoin/Commitment.cpp:14:
src/libzerocoin/Coin.h:52:43: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
  const CoinDenomination getDenomination() const;
                                           ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:54:0,
src/libzerocoin/Accumulator.h:61:43: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
                                           ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:56:0,
src/libzerocoin/CoinSpend.h:77:41: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
  const CoinDenomination getDenomination();
                                         ^
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fstack-protector-all -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -std=c++11 -DBOOST_NO_CXX11_SCOPED_ENUMS -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fpermissive -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/ParamGeneration.o src/libzerocoin/ParamGeneration.cpp
In file included from src/libzerocoin/../bignum.h:12:0,
                 from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:49,
                 from src/libzerocoin/ParamGeneration.cpp:13:
src/libzerocoin/../util.h:174:0: warning: "strprintf" redefined
 #define strprintf(format, ...) real_strprintf(format, 0, __VA_ARGS__)
 ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/../util.h:18:0,
                 from src/libzerocoin/../bignum.h:12,
                 from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:49,
src/libzerocoin/../tinyformat.h:1011:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define strprintf tfm::format
 ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:52:0,
src/libzerocoin/Coin.h:52:43: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
                                           ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:54:0,
src/libzerocoin/Accumulator.h:61:43: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
                                           ^
In file included from src/libzerocoin/Zerocoin.h:56:0,
src/libzerocoin/CoinSpend.h:77:41: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
  const CoinDenomination getDenomination();
Activity: 199
Found yet another attack: Attack 4: Time-memory trade-off with 1/16th the memory, 2.88× the time

I see people talking about GPU vs CPU. In my opinion MTP clearly favors GPU. Initial implementations might put CPU at almost equal footing with GPU, but given enough time to optimize miners, GPUs will end up being clearly faster and more cost-effective than mining with CPUs.
Only by constantly modifying the defects, MTP can become stronger and stronger,Development team need to work hard, MTP defects are still a lot,
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
great yet another attack.... devs have some homework to do it seems...

We are less than 150 blocks from your ''self proclaimed'' most important innovation in crypto....basically the right of existence for Zcoin... and yet no answers here, no devs on Slack.. pure radio silence... So what will happen on 47.500 with fatal bugs left and right...?

This is hardly the time to disappear Devs... what is going on? Is there nobody in your team who suggests to speak up to your community at all??

Please respond and leave out nothing... explain what is going on please

Lmao MTP isn't Zcoin's "right of existence". That's the zerocoin anonymity feature. MTP is just a nice POW algo that's supposed to bring better mining decentralization, but as long as Zcoin can be mined at all it'll be fine.
So in terms of raison d'être, it's better to watch out for Znodes which are an important step for zerocoin transaction scalability.
Activity: 770
Merit: 605
Hey guys,

just a quick heads-up that Suprnova will stop supporting this coin when the algo switches (again), so make sure you've moved (the rest) of the hash over to poolingminehub !

Thanks

oc

man this is bad when a major mining pool left... why the heck Zcoin switch algo again? really no need.
Activity: 138
Merit: 101
great yet another attack.... devs have some homework to do it seems...

We are less than 150 blocks from your ''self proclaimed'' most important innovation in crypto....basically the right of existence for Zcoin... and yet no answers here, no devs on Slack.. pure radio silence... So what will happen on 47.500 with fatal bugs left and right...?

This is hardly the time to disappear Devs... what is going on? Is there nobody in your team who suggests to speak up to your community at all??

Please respond and leave out nothing... explain what is going on please
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
Found yet another attack: Attack 4: Time-memory trade-off with 1/16th the memory, 2.88× the time

I see people talking about GPU vs CPU. In my opinion MTP clearly favors GPU. Initial implementations might put CPU at almost equal footing with GPU, but given enough time to optimize miners, GPUs will end up being clearly faster and more cost-effective than mining with CPUs.
Activity: 117
I mean I don't know for sure what's going on either, but as long as the github page shows no merging of MTP code into the actual live wallet, I'm going to assume that the following will happen at block 47,500:

• nothing.

So it's kind of foolish to come up with all these nightmare scenarios of an MTP switch with no public GPU miners etc ("bloodbath", "windfall"... "armageddon"?), when in reality it seems that the auditing process has turned out more extensive than assumed and they're taking more time to make sure that there won't be any MTP exploits in the finished product... but are somehow still completely silent on it. (Aside from the one-sentence comment on extended deadlines)

But on this note:

Found & submitted another flaw in MTP: Argon2 segment sharing, described in http://blog.zorinaq.com/attacks-on-mtp/ along with my other submissions.

Thanks for continuing the good work! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Hey guys,

just a quick heads-up that Suprnova will stop supporting this coin when the algo switches (again), so make sure you've moved (the rest) of the hash over to poolingminehub !

Thanks

oc

Will i lose the coins i already mined?

No, simply withdraw them now
Dev Team, can we have some clarity please? Above is being asked if coins will be lost... Is this possible? Can you assure that coins in any wallet (zcoin, Icoinomi, Bittrex etc) will be safe upon this algo change?

Please inform and explain what to be expected and what is going on right now.... Communication please
Activity: 107
Hey guys,

Thanks

oc

Will i lose the coins i already mined?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Hey guys,

Thanks

oc
Less than two days until PoW-switch.

Number of publicly available GPU miners: zero.

This is gonna be a bloodbath.  Or a windfall.  Depending on your perspective.

I just realized that the beauty pageant has no requirement that the source code be released before the PoW-switch.  So GPU miner developers can mine privately for something like a whole month and win the pageant too.  Seems like a bad situation no?

Thank you for your message. Can you help me understand in more Layman terms please?

What do you think are the likely scenario's in consequence regarding mining and trading price of XZC after this change that is scheduled in the coming days?

I would like to understand exactly what you mean with bloodbath and windfall..

Thanks a lot!!!
Dear dev Team,

So above a post of new flaws in MTP figured out by that OP... It seems quite critical and in need to be repaired immediately... Also this news above about botnets being in total control of this coin...

Sorry but it is time for some leadership now... I think starting today you should feel responsible to check in on this thread at least twice per day... Explain that you have received these messages and tell us exactly what you are doing, how many people are working right now on all of this... and give us a sign of your confidence in fixing these issues...

Its not April any longer, its not June anymore..... It is high time now to start delivering or at least become Much more engaged with your community...

Please start creating a simple bullet point list of activities, threats and opportunities that you are encountering and post it here every day.. We should learn more about what is going on
Activity: 129
Less than two days until PoW-switch.

Number of publicly available GPU miners: zero.

This is gonna be a bloodbath.  Or a windfall.  Depending on your perspective.

I just realized that the beauty pageant has no requirement that the source code be released before the PoW-switch.  So GPU miner developers can mine privately for something like a whole month and win the pageant too.  Seems like a bad situation no?
Activity: 129
MTP is not mature enough for prime time, and heavily favors GPUs over CPUs.
If it's true then we should expect that network of Zcoin still will be controlled by 10-15 large botnets which highly centralised on one pool

If the current lyra2z hashrate is really coming from CPU botnets (which I doubt) then this is one problem that would actually get fixed by MTP.  A GPU-favoring algorithm like MTP would marginalize them.
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
MTP is not mature enough for prime time, and heavily favors GPUs over CPUs.
If it's true then we should expect that network of Zcoin still will be controlled by 10-15 large botnets which highly centralised on one pool
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
Will switching to MTP make Zcoin a cpu only mining I'm just wondering I just started looking at Zcoin and look very interesting to me

GPU mining is still possible. The idea is to put GPU and CPU on similar-ish footing based on cost.

So if you spend x amount of CPU and GPU, you should get performance that isn't too far apart. Of course for exact 1:1 is impossible but we don't want to have a situation where a coin is solely dominated by one type of device.
Are you going to do something with this shit: 10 BOTNETS controlls more than 50% of network hashrate. and all they are sitting on miningpoolhub, which controlls more than 80% of whole network??
Activity: 199
Found & submitted another flaw in MTP: Argon2 segment sharing, described in http://blog.zorinaq.com/attacks-on-mtp/ along with my other submissions.
This friend, you do very well,
Jump to: