Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 65. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 0
Zcoin community is very active, but stil price is going down... Good project, but if we wanna see some positive moving upwards we need some changes.

HODL Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
Team should be strong to do some market project to get more xzc users as for decentralizing .because MTP  is for decentralizing in technology field.
so do market in user field.more xzc users more decentralizing.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Is this an ASIC dominated coin? thx Smiley
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
got over 10 nodes and all working just fine. Been getting paid since December Cheesy. TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOON
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
ZCoin masternode issue : NEW_START_REQUIRED

My ZCoin masternode is runing since more 15 days without problem.
This morning, I check it and I see it is not runing.
In the VPS, the status command give :
"status": "Not capable znode: Znode in NEW_START_REQUIRED state"

I take a look at the conf files and no problems (znode and local wallet).
I make a research in Google, and no solution, just some tips about testing the status.
I make the upgrade to the last version : no change, allways the same issue...

Any idea about a solution ?
What are these issues ?
A second masternode is out tonight : it is not in "NEW_START_REQUIRED" but in "EXPIRED" mode !!!
This second masternode was in under the 100 position in the reward queue : I will get the reward tomorrow and the masternode is off now.
The masternode is runing since 18 days without any issue and the day of the reward, it gets in EXPIRED mode !!!

2 masternode offline near the reward day without any action from my part.
These VPS are runing other masternodes coin and no issues for these masternodes (only ZCoin masternodes have issues).
Are ZCoin masternodes BIG SCAMS ?

I don't know exactly what happened with zcoin platform but I feel disappointed in this coin and This is a main point which many investors left this zcoin .
Activity: 810
Merit: 444

I make a research in Google, and no solution, just some tips about testing the status.

What are these issues ?
A second masternode is out tonight : it is not in "NEW_START_REQUIRED" but in "EXPIRED" mode !!!
This second masternode was in under the 100 position in the reward queue : I will get the reward tomorrow and the masternode is off now.
The masternode is runing since 18 days without any issue and the day of the reward, it gets in EXPIRED mode !!!

2 masternode offline near the reward day without any action from my part.
These VPS are runing other masternodes coin and no issues for these masternodes (only ZCoin masternodes have issues).
Are ZCoin masternodes BIG SCAMS ?
Activity: 810
Merit: 444

Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
Zcoin aims to bring back fair and inclusive mining through the launch of ASIC resistant algorithm MTPv1.2 on its testnet.

MTP v1.2 launched on Zcoin Testnet

https://zcoin.io/mtp-launched-on-zcoin-testnet/

We are happy to announce that we have a working version of MTP v1.2 on our testnet. This will give users an early preview of MTP and we are opening our MTP codebase in Github.

With funding from the Zcoin project, Version 1.2 of MTP was published in January 2018 that strengthened the algorithm against attacks discovered through both academic peer review and a Zcoin funded MTP bounty program.

This is an important milestone in MTP as we refine the code base and do further testing and bug fixes. We will also be launching bounties for miner and pool development soon.
Users who wish to participate in the MTP testnet can do so by downloading the binaries below (Windows and Mac binary coming soon):

Linux

or compile from our Github.

If you wish to try and send some transactions you can go to our testnet faucet to obtain some testnet Zcoins. As this testnet is purely to test MTP, testnet Znodes are disabled.

Mining can be tested through the inbuilt miner by opening up the console by going to Menu > Help > Debug Window > Console and then typing

setgenerate true 1

This command uses one core and 4GB of RAM. If you wish to use all available cores:

setgenerate true -1

Further Reading
MTP was created by Alex Biryukov and Dmitry Khovratovich in June 2016 to address the problem of miner centralisation caused by ASICs and to allow commodity hardware such as CPUs and GPUs to participate in the security of the network with the general principle that a certain cost will yield approximately the same performance. It accomplishes this by using memory-hard computing where every task is amalgamated with a certain procedure requiring intensive access to RAM both in terms of size and (very importantly) bandwidth, so that transferring the computation to GPU, FPGA, and even ASIC brings little or no cost reduction.

What is MTP and why is it important

Zcoin’s Stance on the ASIC Resistance Wars

Bitcoin Magazine Coverage

Press Release

Activity: 518
Merit: 18
Zcoin partners with Changelly to simplify getting and exchanging Zcoin

Off the heels of Blockshow Europe 2018 in Berlin, Zcoin is proud to partner with Changelly that simplifies the process of getting and exchanging Zcoin. Zcoin will go live on Changelly in about 2-3 weeks time.

Changelly allows users to exchange cryptocurrency in a simple way avoiding complicated interfaces and processes on the professional trading platforms. Changelly’s integrated algorithm picks up the cryptocurrency rates from various exchanges including Bittrex and Binance and offers them to users in real time.

We would also be integrating Changelly widget on our website so that people can buy Zcoin directly from our website and also within our revamped GUI as well. For existing users of mobile wallet, Coinomi, users would be able to also buy Zcoin directly from their wallet.

We are very excited with our partnership with Changelly that allows more users to get into Zcoin easily, being more integrated with other wallet ecosystems and also improving liquidity of our currency.
https://zcoin.io/zcoin-partners-with-changelly-to-simplify-getting-and-exchanging-zcoin/
Activity: 63

Zcoin XZC is proud to have a working version of MTPv1.2 on the testnet!

Wow, what a great news on internal technical developements for Zcoin project.
Furthermore, the historical price chart of Zcoin also support scenario for upcoming rises.
Please check it yourself there.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zcoin/
Activity: 854
Merit: 257

Zcoin XZC is proud to have a working version of MTPv1.2 on the testnet!

Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Zcoin is now ready for cross-chain dapps with the Blocknet Protocol.

Now that XZC is compatible with the Blocknet Protocol, it can be used in cross-blockchain dapps and traded on beta Block DX!

You can read more about Blocknet, the Blocknet Protocol, and Block DX here:

https://blocknet.co

https://sites.google.com/view/blocknet/directory

To get started with trading on Block DX, follow this setup guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ciwLFSXwv6CXd3QEvVW88lHXo9CSIlweYOoSbDHkies/preview

The setup is in the process of being automated/abstracted so it's much easier and streamlined to use for beginners. In addition to that, in July we are planning to release SPV support which will allow for the creation of litewallets so whole blockchains will not need to be downloaded.
Activity: 157
Merit: 6
Interesting, after the update the MPH luck is back no normal: 17/54=30% same as the relative hashrate 70/238, so there was a something off?
P.S: seems that now a69iYfxDwwuCnYdVKqscGSaLS2xfu6hDh5 has very very bad luck...
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
Has anyone noticed drop of income from MPH on 27th of May? Huh
Today I have almost same income for half day that I had on 27th for complete day.

I think it is all about of blocks confirmation incresing in MPH.

I forgot about that, you are probably right because after one day all is back to normal. Wink
Activity: 110
Is there any way to mine on f2pool ? I tried to mine wit ccminer using my zcoin adress as login, but ccminer always write me "failed to connet to xzc.f2pool.com port 5740", waht is the reason ?
copper member
Activity: 154
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
About 2+ hours more before hard fork on block 89300. All major exchanges and pools are updated. Please ensure you are on 13.6.2 as soon as possible! https://zcoin.io/get-zcoin/
Activity: 172
Merit: 20
I was planning to mine Zcoin all next summer but I just switched to another coin temporarily... there is not enough pools, mph is extremely unlucky (it sometimes takes from 500% to 1000% of the expected time to find a block, meanwhile f2pool gets very very very lucky), miners are asking legitimate questions, is someone cheating? Pretty disappointing to mine lately...
Activity: 41
Today I have almost same income for half day that I had on 27th for complete day.

I think it is all about of blocks confirmation incresing in MPH.
Activity: 954
Merit: 250

I do. 27th I had a half of income of 26th.
Activity: 728
Merit: 115

Pages:
Jump to: