Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 89. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Does zcoin have that founders reward thing that zcash has does it have premine or anything like that? What makes this better then zclassic?
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
As we speak, the botnet hashrate seems to be higher than even the total MPH hashrate. They could potentially take over the network, right? Is anything being done to resolve this issue?

change the algo...

This has been a problem for quite some time and I agree an algo change is way overdue. What algo would you suggest to keep things more balanced? From a power usage aspect CryptoNight seems reasonable to me, but that has its own botnet issues.
ACP
Activity: 612
Merit: 520
As we speak, the botnet hashrate seems to be higher than even the total MPH hashrate. They could potentially take over the network, right? Is anything being done to resolve this issue?

change the algo...

do you know if it's going to happen any time soon? has anyone provided an explanation how they are able to exploit the current algo?

The same as nicehash or miningrig rentals but basically you control a botnet and mine xmr or uhm zcoin xzc ... Simular coins appeal also so it isn't a surprise , could even be a good thing.

This update is awesome https://twitter.com/zcoinofficial/status/952978796252024832  

So much potential here going unnoticed under radar. Keep up the good work zcoin devs.
Activity: 46

change the algo...

do you know if it's going to happen any time soon? has anyone provided an explanation how they are able to exploit the current algo?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

change the algo...
Activity: 495
Merit: 250
At this time last year, the price of the XZC coin was $2.
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
Can someone please give us some more info about this new algo.
Any benchmark to compare it with the current algo?

Hello, yesterday there was an attack on MINING POOL HUB, and for many hours did not mining Zcoin and I saw some strange things about the hash-rate and the difficulty of Zcoin.
In fact, the pool went to zero as hashrate while on https://explorer.zcoin.io/
was it a 145 gb/s hasrate like never (minin pool hub has almost 100% of zcoin hasshrate)? moreover the difficulty did not come down even though they were mined blocks every hour ...

I believe that the calculation of the hashrate of Zcoin does not work well and therefore also the difficulty ...

I saw that too, maybe they cheated, they can do what they want with the coin with >90% of the total hashrate.

More people should switch to other pools but no one actually does

zcoin devs are long overdue with the algo change but as long as they get their reward portion from every block they don't seem to care

I think you are aware of the difficulties faced with the initial version of MTP.

The new paper of MTPv1.2 is now finalized and will be published by the authors shortly. Lyra2z was MEANT to be a transition algorithm.

When do you expect to transition out of lyra2z?
Activity: 35
Zcoin is an amazing cryptocurrency.

Wrapped my head about zerocoins, but still problems to understand.
With 2 coins in my wallet I’ve got 1.99 after minting and spending 1 coin. How do I know with coin has a “history” and which one hasn’t?

Pivx marks zcoins with “z” and allows to send them separately.
ACP
Activity: 612
Merit: 520

Zcoin Video Update - 13 January 2018

• Pythia appointed for Zcoin marketing
  • Increasing merchant adoption of Zcoin
  • TOR integration
  • Light wallet implementation and Insight
  • Mobile wallets
  • MTPv1.2 and discussions on Itsuku
  • Initial MTP benchmarks
  • Zachary Diebold joins the Zcoin team
  • Update on ZEth
  • Clarification on Zerocoin 'vulnerability'
  • Understanding the November libzerocoin fix
  • Recruiting developments on Sigma
  • Reduced block times
  • Seeking feedback on a tail emission
  • Smart contracts capability
  • Optimizing Zerocoin and recode update
  • GUI conceptualization and rethinking "Mint, Spend, Repeat"
  • Speaking or representing Zcoin

Nice update! Great to see true Anonymous sending
Activity: 3
Will MTP be as efficient as Lyra2z? (in terms of energy consumption)
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
Also for MTP they NEED to use settings so GPU will be at lest 500% faster then CPU or more, I hope they are smart to do it right
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Hello, yesterday there was an attack on MINING POOL HUB, and for many hours did not mining Zcoin and I saw some strange things about the hash-rate and the difficulty of Zcoin.
was it a 145 gb/s hasrate like never (minin pool hub has almost 100% of zcoin hasshrate)? moreover the difficulty did not come down even though they were mined blocks every hour ...

I believe that the calculation of the hashrate of Zcoin does not work well and therefore also the difficulty ...

I saw that too, maybe they cheated, they can do what they want with the coin with >90% of the total hashrate.

zcoin devs are long overdue with the algo change but as long as they get their reward portion from every block they don't seem to care

I think you are aware of the difficulties faced with the initial version of MTP.

The new paper of MTPv1.2 is now finalized and will be published by the authors shortly. Lyra2z was MEANT to be a transition algorithm.

Don't focus on MTP, there are plenty of other algo possibilities, when your transition time even last longer, fix it by adding another transition into an algo which is not exploitable by botnets as it is currently.
Activity: 126

The relation between difficulty and hashrate is quite strange. Maybe the pool is like a monopoly pool. Hope the dev team can clarify this problem.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Good, the price has reached $ 105 but I still lose because the price if calculated with bitcoin is still 690k satoshi while I buy when the price is 760k satoshi.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)

Zcoin Video Update - 13 January 2018

• Pythia appointed for Zcoin marketing
  • Increasing merchant adoption of Zcoin
  • TOR integration
  • Light wallet implementation and Insight
  • Mobile wallets
  • MTPv1.2 and discussions on Itsuku
  • Initial MTP benchmarks
  • Zachary Diebold joins the Zcoin team
  • Update on ZEth
  • Clarification on Zerocoin 'vulnerability'
  • Understanding the November libzerocoin fix
  • Recruiting developments on Sigma
  • Reduced block times
  • Seeking feedback on a tail emission
  • Smart contracts capability
  • Optimizing Zerocoin and recode update
  • GUI conceptualization and rethinking "Mint, Spend, Repeat"
  • Speaking or representing Zcoin
Activity: 4
It is not a problem of Mining Pool, but it is a problem of Zcoin that provides the hash-rate of the network and the difficulty, I believe that the calculation of the difficulty (last 6 blocks mined) is completely wrong ...

Zcoin developers should explain this:

141.8094 GH/s difficulty 19715 (now)

145 GH/s difficulty 25300 (a few day go before the fall of mining pool hub)

There is no mathematical sense to these data, I hope that the problem will be solved as soon as possible ...
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
all nodes r expired and not enabled

bullshit ... active 22 days
Pages:
Jump to: