Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER - page 86. (Read 68205 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 0
December 13, 2017, 05:31:57 AM
this project is good and has great opportunities in the future
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
December 13, 2017, 05:25:39 AM
Just a general remark, I don't wanna be rude or anything, but people should quote a previous message only if it's relevant to their post. Otherwise, it becomes tiring for readers of this (and any other) thread.
Activity: 4
December 13, 2017, 03:47:17 AM
December 13, 2017, 12:55:59 AM
To all people having issues such as high cpu usage or gpus stopping or Optiminer itself stopping:

It could be a power issue.
A bad riser may be causing this, or an overclocked gpu that exceeds its power feed.
Yesterday I experienced it out of the blue and after trying a few things such as changing cables, clock settings, even pools, I sensed a smoky smell coming out of one of the risers. I changed the riser with a new one and voila, all good again.

If you have the luxury, use 6pin risers (ver006c) as they are of higher quality and they can be connected directly to the pci-express ports of the psu, as opposed to the sata/molex ones which are connected to the peripheral psu ports. This way, you may use a single pci-express cable (the ones with two endings) for each gpu.
December 13, 2017, 12:44:33 AM
I see that GTX 1080s are quoted at mining 12 S/s.  Is that under Linux only or also achievable on Windows?  If that can also be done on Windows, which miner and clock settings are achieving that?  I've got Optiminer Zero hacked with the necessary .bins from the Linux distro of Optiminer Equihash 2.0.0 and am only getting around 9.5 S/s.  Thanks!

O'clock core/mem +150/+600  (or +100/+500 to avoid crashes)
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
December 12, 2017, 05:49:53 PM
Being on Cryptopia as a currency has helped Zero a lot
Regardless of the entrance fee for being in this Exchange we value our listing and honor it

As you all know (community) I tend to keep my promises
And I have proven this multiple times till now.

I have promised as per the steps we need to take for a healthy growth after the
Windows Wallet, new ANN, Website, Twitter, Reddit
Next step is more exchanges

We are already in 2 Exchanges

Today I finished my applications in 4 more exchanges

This will take a few days till we get back an answer from them
Even one of those exchanges will be a big win if we manage to get in

I will advice as soon as I have something new

I cannot disclose the names of the exchanges right now but you all need to know that there is also
Competition between them which we can use in our advantage

Meanwhile we will start polishing our marketing.

More tomorrow...

DM
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Mining is our Passion! Join us!
December 12, 2017, 04:01:34 PM

komodomining: I totally agree with you about this but there is one thing that should be focused on (in my opinion) at the moment.. And that is getting listed on more than one exchange. tradesatoshi has virtually nil trading volume and cryptopia is the only thing keeping this coin going. Obviously the miners are the ones doing it but without an exchange that don't mean much. until zero is on multiple exchanges we are still in a somewhat precarious zone.. because one entity having power over the life or not of this coin is a troubling for an investor, I am including myself in this group. However, because of the great virtue of this coin I have de-prioritized  that concern and replaced is with good faith that the devs will get us on more exchanges. Wink

Yes true, some months ago, on previous slack i wrote about possible new exchanges and Demarsac know this point too. I think that new exchangers is one of first points in zero roadmap now.

Some new exchanges ask us money to add, so they have to be evaluated based on their trading volume and popularity.
Cryptopia now ask about 40.000$ for add new coin we are lucky to have cryptopia yet.
Bittrex is our point, but "middle" exchanges are welcome.

40 000$ for a coin? You got to be kidding. I heard that in the past the only requirement was to buy $10k in their own "shiny" coin...  Grin Grin Grin
Which is pretty much like giveaway Smiley
Activity: 156
December 12, 2017, 03:48:47 PM

komodomining: I totally agree with you about this but there is one thing that should be focused on (in my opinion) at the moment.. And that is getting listed on more than one exchange. tradesatoshi has virtually nil trading volume and cryptopia is the only thing keeping this coin going. Obviously the miners are the ones doing it but without an exchange that don't mean much. until zero is on multiple exchanges we are still in a somewhat precarious zone.. because one entity having power over the life or not of this coin is a troubling for an investor, I am including myself in this group. However, because of the great virtue of this coin I have de-prioritized  that concern and replaced is with good faith that the devs will get us on more exchanges. Wink

Yes true, some months ago, on previous slack i wrote about possible new exchanges and Demarsac know this point too. I think that new exchangers is one of first points in zero roadmap now.

Some new exchanges ask us money to add, so they have to be evaluated based on their trading volume and popularity.
Cryptopia now ask about 40.000$ for add new coin we are lucky to have cryptopia yet.
Bittrex is our point, but "middle" exchanges are welcome.

Activity: 225
December 12, 2017, 01:21:46 PM
Also I would like to request some info about marketing strategy because there must be something. Maybe not so popular for the miners to wish for more to show up but the reality is that is what makes a strong coin, hashrate and community, from my research is what gets a coin valued and listed on exchanges that are not puny. this may be a bit of a general statement but I believe it is fairly accurate.

I did offer my support for this coin in actions not just words but so far no PM to my inbox. That's fine I am seldom understood often people thing I am not around to help. Truly I just wish for the public to have the best coin and for the best coin to win. Thanks Zero for giving me something to be proud of.

I would like some information I can do graphic arts, I dont wish to just show up with a product and post it to inadvertently become acknowledged as something "official" when it was just a rough draft for community reviews. where do I post rough draft? Is there a repository? I would already have an info graphic complete with some of the data.

Speaking of info graphics. Who is working on graphics arts? Does zero have a theme? What is the "official" zero logo? Are we going to have a place where community votes for such things? Kindly provide some info to me so I can be more helpful because I have some knowledge and some skills. I am very busy so getting no response when I offer to help is not inspiring. thanks and good day!

PS: I would like suggest to organize a community effort to get the coin listed on more exchanges. I have heard an admin here mentioning some effort, which may be fine for some exchanges. For other exchanges they require large support of requests from the community. Am I wrong? How about we focus a community effort of requesting our coin to exchanges..? Also which exchanges are being researched currently? If you dont want it public, send me a PM. I am also actively researching but I dont wish to waste my time doing something that someone else already did.
December 12, 2017, 01:17:43 PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to see where Zero fits and where its USP lies.

ZCash, ZenCash, Zero are all derivates of Bitcoin (ZCash is a fork of Bitcoin). The main difference between Zero and other coins like ZenCash, ZCash can be broken down to its algorithm parameters.

The equihash parameters for Zero differ slightly from ZenCash - you get faster block verification, an increased block size and a much higher transaction capacity. Zero also differs from its forked siblings in a way that it doesn’t have a founders reward, no pre-mine and no halving and thus can be seen as a truly community coin.

Besides these ZCash forks, there is also ZCoin. ZCoin is based on the Zerocoin protocol, whereas ZenCash uses zkSNARKs. Both coins are designed to hide any trails between sender and receiver. ZenCash goes here even one step further and not only hides the sender and recipient of a transfer but also the amount which was sent.

• Compared to ZenCash, does Zero also uses zkSNARKs, but mitigating the drawbacks like the 88% block reward allocation to miners, 8.5% for DAO and 3.5% for secure nodes?

Will Zero follow the currently bigger coins ZenCash and ZCoin and introduce Masternotes in the future?

Will you implement Segwit, Atomic Swaps, Lightening Network etc?
hi, I am not a zcash expert but I have been reviewing it lately along with several other similar ones. zero, to my knowledge is the same as zcash with some of the math changed. I don't think zcash uses master nodes. zcoin is not comparable other than the fact that it achieves privacy. the mechanism is not the same. zcoin uses libzcoin which is not zksnarks. so it's an entirely different setup and it therefor not comparable in the same way. zcoin to my knowledge uses masternodes for the verifications of 'minted zcoin' .. the zcoin minting process requires the coin in the local wallet to be 'burned' then replaced by the network with coins from pool of unused. zksnarks have a trusted setup which uses locally stored parameters to generate (z) payments. there is no need for master nodes here, the payments are generated locally from the coins in the wallet and transmitted at the same time. in other words, the extraneous process that zcoin requires to have new coins has been removed and replaced with a setup that requires trust in the integrity and modalities of the initial creators of zcash.

zencash seems to be the closest comparable coin however in my mind it is not comparable at all. they have changed the core and added the master nodes and also added a "finders fee" of 8.5% which is deducted from the miners share. only a portion of this (3.5% if I properly recall) is used to incentivize the master nodes function.. in reality the "creators" of zencash are pocketing the other 5% or spending it as the see fit in the name of zencash development. so you can see the "business model" is entirely different than that of a free coin like this (zero currency) . there is no coin comparable in my opinion because the closest relative is zcash which also claims 20% from the miners for a period of initial mining years, the exact time I cannot recall. It is really absurd to think there is any comparison because zero is simply the best. once everyone figures this out Wink it will be even better..

"bigger coins" like zencash and zcoin it is a funny comparison when zero is better in every way (in my opinion and I am entitled I have been researching) .. zencash and zcoin have marketing. that is all. I compiled zcoin from source and it has so many warnings I almost wanted to vomit. I am surprised libzerocoin even compiled at all! to be worse I lost 50 coins on one of their old wallets "burning them" and never did receive the transaction back. However, to team zcoin's integrity, they did help me recover the coin but it was more luck than anything.

we can see all of the big coins started high up the charts because of their marketing and ICOs and that will also be what is the problems with them because they have created a set of expectations and in some situations received vast amounts of funding to produce the goods. most of the ICOs will not produced much of what they have promised, or someone else will do it better and first, for far less money.

the world is changing. look to the quality, not the marketing.

PS, when you say "ZenCash goes here even one step further and not only hides the sender and recipient of a transfer but also the amount which was sent." that is not an entirely accurate statement. Zencash had nothing to do with the Zk-Snarks development, they simply forked Zcash. Credit where credit is due. Team Zcash's zk-snarks is what protects the transaction and that includes the amount and the coins ID. In other words all forks of Zcash inherit this property unless they are somehow broken.

PPS: Let's not forget that Zcash has a $250,000 security audit done on their code. Changing the core to add masternodes (unless I am wrong and it is already a part of zcash) voids all guarantees that the audit means ANYTHING to the forked coin. The more near the code is to the original Zcash code which was audited is the more realistically sane coin to trust your money to. much else seems like a gamble to me. believe this when I say I have seen core bugs in the code that some of these clever devs have modified and it is scary.

Perfect summary! Thx a lot man!

So in a nutshell... We have the best product of all anonymity coins here and just need to spread the word more (marketing) and then up to the moon :p

It's time to mine, buy and accumulate now, marketing sure it's a future step
Price will grow up soon, price is doubled when a new ANN message it has been posted. ZERO is based on the community

This is the reason why i have set 0,25% of fee on my pool, to give possibility to miners to mine before solo pools will be attracted by ZERO
If the miners are more, i set my pool at 0%  

flo123: glad to help. I have been looking for 'the best coin ' (as likely many have) for some time now. perhaps it is obvious I do have vested interest in zero currency (I am "all in"!), not without good reason. I believe in this coin enough for the risk of that. It's fun.. Because I think I can see the future and in the future I see Zero standing tall and proud, and the early supporters (even without ICO) are all very happy. one thing we should not forget about these coins is that although *all* of the devs asking for our money are saying why the coins are so great, does not mean they are actually living up to their promise.. And the "consumers" or customers of the coins only find out the hard way when there is a problem. this is all experimental tech as we know.. and as Zcash is happy to state the same (experimental),  at least they have validated their coin with a third party audit. Because of the relatively few changes (if I am not mistaken) made to the zcash core to result in 'zero', zero may as well have been audited to. however, with the others, like I said, scary.. And I have been digging deep into the core to find these bugs. Some are not from typical use but they are there and eventually they could surface. Surfaced in a coin that is worth tens of millions then you have a big problem.. in summary, I trust this coin to not lose my money. This should be (the) most relevant feature of a coin. And not just in the form of a promise, in the form of battle tested resilience.

general: while speaking of cryptopia exchange I would like to remind the viewers of coinmarketcap (who may be getting there data from there) that it is not accurate. Why? Because they only periodically check on cryptopia.. and if anyone has watched the flow on cryptopia they may notice that the only time the price drops is on low value bot buys. it looks like the miners (except for a few) have all been standing in solidarity to keep the price at a minimum (I paid up to $.77 for a large investment the other day, driving the price up. plz miners dont waste my efforts and money to undercut the market [thank you]. this is the reason I bought the zero's because I have been watching the action there for some time. except when the coin almost faltered the prices seemed somewhat stable (except for the bots, which until more exchanges this reporting will be inaccurate because the bots always undercut the market for minuscule purchases) .. Just look to the next person willing to sell over $500 of zero.. what that price is.. and it's always at the good floor for the potential growth of the coin..

Activity: 17
December 12, 2017, 12:23:08 PM
Hey guys,

ZCash, ZenCash, Zero are all derivates of Bitcoin (ZCash is a fork of Bitcoin). The main difference between Zero and other coins like ZenCash, ZCash can be broken down to its algorithm parameters.

The equihash parameters for Zero differ slightly from ZenCash - you get faster block verification, an increased block size and a much higher transaction capacity. Zero also differs from its forked siblings in a way that it doesn’t have a founders reward, no pre-mine and no halving and thus can be seen as a truly community coin.

Besides these ZCash forks, there is also ZCoin. ZCoin is based on the Zerocoin protocol, whereas ZenCash uses zkSNARKs. Both coins are designed to hide any trails between sender and receiver. ZenCash goes here even one step further and not only hides the sender and recipient of a transfer but also the amount which was sent.

• Compared to ZenCash, does Zero also uses zkSNARKs, but mitigating the drawbacks like the 88% block reward allocation to miners, 8.5% for DAO and 3.5% for secure nodes?

Will Zero follow the currently bigger coins ZenCash and ZCoin and introduce Masternotes in the future?

hi, I am not a zcash expert but I have been reviewing it lately along with several other similar ones. zero, to my knowledge is the same as zcash with some of the math changed. I don't think zcash uses master nodes. zcoin is not comparable other than the fact that it achieves privacy. the mechanism is not the same. zcoin uses libzcoin which is not zksnarks. so it's an entirely different setup and it therefor not comparable in the same way. zcoin to my knowledge uses masternodes for the verifications of 'minted zcoin' .. the zcoin minting process requires the coin in the local wallet to be 'burned' then replaced by the network with coins from pool of unused. zksnarks have a trusted setup which uses locally stored parameters to generate (z) payments. there is no need for master nodes here, the payments are generated locally from the coins in the wallet and transmitted at the same time. in other words, the extraneous process that zcoin requires to have new coins has been removed and replaced with a setup that requires trust in the integrity and modalities of the initial creators of zcash.

zencash seems to be the closest comparable coin however in my mind it is not comparable at all. they have changed the core and added the master nodes and also added a "finders fee" of 8.5% which is deducted from the miners share. only a portion of this (3.5% if I properly recall) is used to incentivize the master nodes function.. in reality the "creators" of zencash are pocketing the other 5% or spending it as the see fit in the name of zencash development. so you can see the "business model" is entirely different than that of a free coin like this (zero currency) . there is no coin comparable in my opinion because the closest relative is zcash which also claims 20% from the miners for a period of initial mining years, the exact time I cannot recall. It is really absurd to think there is any comparison because zero is simply the best. once everyone figures this out Wink it will be even better..

"bigger coins" like zencash and zcoin it is a funny comparison when zero is better in every way (in my opinion and I am entitled I have been researching) .. zencash and zcoin have marketing. that is all. I compiled zcoin from source and it has so many warnings I almost wanted to vomit. I am surprised libzerocoin even compiled at all! to be worse I lost 50 coins on one of their old wallets "burning them" and never did receive the transaction back. However, to team zcoin's integrity, they did help me recover the coin but it was more luck than anything.

we can see all of the big coins started high up the charts because of their marketing and ICOs and that will also be what is the problems with them because they have created a set of expectations and in some situations received vast amounts of funding to produce the goods. most of the ICOs will not produced much of what they have promised, or someone else will do it better and first, for far less money.

PS, when you say "ZenCash goes here even one step further and not only hides the sender and recipient of a transfer but also the amount which was sent." that is not an entirely accurate statement. Zencash had nothing to do with the Zk-Snarks development, they simply forked Zcash. Credit where credit is due. Team Zcash's zk-snarks is what protects the transaction and that includes the amount and the coins ID. In other words all forks of Zcash inherit this property unless they are somehow broken.

PPS: Let's not forget that Zcash has a $250,000 security audit done on their code. Changing the core to add masternodes (unless I am wrong and it is already a part of zcash) voids all guarantees that the audit means ANYTHING to the forked coin. The more near the code is to the original Zcash code which was audited is the more realistically sane coin to trust your money to. much else seems like a gamble to me. believe this when I say I have seen core bugs in the code that some of these clever devs have modified and it is scary.

So in a nutshell... We have the best product of all anonymity coins here and just need to spread the word more (marketing) and then up to the moon :p

Price will grow up soon, price is doubled when a new ANN message it has been posted. ZERO is based on the community

This is the reason why i have set 0,25% of fee on my pool, to give possibility to miners to mine before solo pools will be attracted by ZERO

i love you komodomining and i love your pool Kiss
thanks for your work in this months

December 12, 2017, 11:54:59 AM
My colleague is right,

The right time to mine, buy and accumulate is exactly right now.

You are most welcome in the profitable pool - http://zero.forgetop.com

250 blocks split among 34 people in the past 24 hrs.

Everyone is free to join us!
Activity: 156
December 12, 2017, 11:02:43 AM
Hey guys,

December 12, 2017, 10:58:45 AM
Great work for all miners in http://zero.forgetop.com

In the past 24 hours we manage to find 20 blocks more then suprnova - 250 against 230.

I think this happens for the first time in the history of zero.

This is far more then we hoped when we first created this pool (it was meant to be for solo mining  Grin Grin Grin )

Happy mining to every single miner in zero network!

Cheers
Activity: 94
December 12, 2017, 10:44:14 AM
You know many times when i want to go into a website and i haven't bookmarked it
i always try to remember:
is it .org?
is it .com?
is it .net?

For this reason OUR website will be ALL THREE
so either you use is the same and directs you to ZERO

Promises are promises and we intend to keep them ALL

It is with great pleasure that i present you our LONG awaited
WEBSITE
http://Zero-currency.com
http://Zero-currency.org
http://Zero-currency.net

There are MANY things to be added. Plus the first page will be animated if not a video
But we needed this NOW

This is the true first step to learn how to walk
Flying comes next.... Smiley

Thanks everybody

ZERO COMMUNITY

heyDemarsac, I noticed a little grammatical error in the website... under the "Zero Cost" section you accidentally combined to words... "Zero’s transaction fees are literally close to zeroand by far cheaper than any other major cryptocurrency for example it’s fees are 10x times cheaper than bitcoin."
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
December 12, 2017, 10:06:40 AM
Hey guys,

December 12, 2017, 08:56:03 AM
Hi, i have one mining rig on Zero on this pool: http://zero.forgetop.com/address?t=t1UH2ptMAE2TQcKd41hVRhWTarz77jagVXk
As you can see, average hashrate 71 sols/s. This 8*1070.
In "Estimated earnings" I see 39 zer per day, but in whattomine calc, if I put 71 sols, I see 59 zer per day. whattomine calc
So difference is pretty much. Where is mistake ?  Huh

Great question, I guess a lot of people wonder same thing about whattomine.

Whattomine for zero is experimental for the moment (it even says active testing) and shows  higher results then it is in the reality.

Estimation calculator tools also are never correct on 100% especially when all variables jump with  +- 30% (network difficulty, pool hashrate etc etc).

Later today will try to reach whattomine so they can do something about it.

whattomine promised to fix the service ASAP (today).
December 12, 2017, 05:04:09 AM
Hi, i have one mining rig on Zero on this pool: http://zero.forgetop.com/address?t=t1UH2ptMAE2TQcKd41hVRhWTarz77jagVXk
In "Estimated earnings" I see 39 zer per day, but in whattomine calc, if I put 71 sols, I see 59 zer per day. whattomine calc

Great question, I guess a lot of people wonder same thing about whattomine.

Whattomine for zero is experimental for the moment (it even says active testing) and shows  higher results then it is in the reality.

Estimation calculator tools also are never correct on 100% especially when all variables jump with  +- 30% (network difficulty, pool hashrate etc etc).

Later today will try to reach whattomine so they can do something about it.
Activity: 44
December 12, 2017, 04:46:03 AM
December 11, 2017, 08:00:51 PM
notice: to whoever is running the reddit page:

this is very confusing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCurrency/
https://www.reddit.com/r/zero/

they both have the same image and I am assuming we have two subreddits perhaps one abandoned but not removed? one of them should go... the one that is linked on this announcement page does not even show up in the reddit search for "zero currency", the other one does. and it's empty.. that's how I found it. then I checked here (bitcointalk.org) and found the right link. you get the purpose of my communication I am sure.. thank you and good day
Pages:
Jump to: