Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER - page 89. (Read 68205 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
December 10, 2017, 03:18:00 AM
GUIDE:
HOW TO MOD OPTIMINER 1.2 FOR WINDOWS TO MAKE IT WORK WITH NVIDIA GPUS

1. Download both Optiminer 1.2 for Windows and Optiminer Equihash 2.0 for Linux.
2. Extract both files in two separate folders.
3. Go to the Optiminer 2.0 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Find the following 8 files named Nvidia_Equihash192_7-base.bin and Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round7.bin.
4. Copy these 8 files and place them in a new folder. Then rename them as follows: Nvidia_base.bin, Nvidia_round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_round7.bin.
5. Copy the renamed files and go to the Optiminer 1.2 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Paste there the files you just copied (overwrite the original files found there).
6. Optiminer 1.2 should work fine now. For better compatibility, use --pci-mode 0 in your config (or *.bat) file. Also, if you have a rig with both Nvidia and AMD gpus, I would suggest running one instance of Optiminer for each platform, by using the -c switch.

That's all folks.
I 've tried all sorts of things and spent a lot of time to make the damn thing work, so if it works for you and you 'd like to show your appreciation, send some coins to my ZERO address:

t1Xit7hfbfTW2EPvkVs9xP6AN5bD3Ri9BTE

I just did this a few hours ago and my rigs appears to be much more stable. Pulling 11+ sols/s out of all my 1070s with no need to restart every 15 min to 2hrs. Thank you.

I ve tried, too but I can only get two of my 4x 1070 to run, with 4 the hashrate goes down to 6-8 sols and cpu is on 100%, someone can run more than 2 Cards with high hashrate ?
Is there a Switch to reduce the high CPU usage ?
Activity: 23
December 10, 2017, 01:05:25 AM
hello, I am not a technical person by any means.. I am trying to install this the windows wallet... could anyone help me with what the following means:

2. Edit zero.conf and set strong username/password (it will work even if you skip this option)

3. Start install_conf.bat by clicking on it.

4. Create a Desktop shortcut of ZEROSwingWalletUI.jar

fully understand may come across as a completely newbie but i suppose the key to growth is to also cater to the useless like me!  Grin Grin

You have a file in your zero wallet folder called zero.conf. Right click that file and select open with and choose notepad.

When the file opens, there are two lines at the begining:

rpcuser=
rpcpassword=

Just put your own user name and password there, the save and close the file.

Double click the file called install_conf.bat - it will just run for a moment, you'll just see it flash up and disappear.

Now right click on ZeroSwingWalletUI.jar and select create shortcut. This will make a shortcut icon in the folder. Drag that icon to your desktop and double click and wait for the wallet to load   Wink

Thank you!! This works great now! So everytime I close down and load the wallet I am never prompted for any password and the wallet just loads up. So if someone steals my laptop will they just be able to open up the wallet and start moving my funds.. thanks for all the help! loving this community
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
December 10, 2017, 12:03:58 AM
Thanks for the reply,
I removed the -c and still had the same problem.

I don't know what the OpenCL setup is.  Do you know?

First run the command

optiminer --list-devices

to see which devices are detected.
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Mining is our Passion! Join us!
December 09, 2017, 10:15:37 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I remember having this error with zero once, when I forgot to place the PSU cable on  top of one of my rig cards. 1 missing or broken cable is enough to make the optiminer script to stop.

I guess also it might be wrong driver for the GPU. Are you able mine other coins successfully?
Activity: 66
December 09, 2017, 09:53:44 PM
Thanks for the reply,

Activity: 213
December 09, 2017, 09:22:03 PM
Hi guys can anyone help me with the error for optiminerZ/Zero in Linux 8gb:

[error] OpenCL error: cl::Context::Context() (CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND)

I saw the instructions on github to put a "-c 1" in the command line, but it didn't help and I couldn't figure it out.  
thanks

This is what's in the readme file regarding your issue:

### [error] OpenCL error: cl::Context::Context() (CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND)
Either you have specified a wrong device / platform combination or there is
a problem with your OpenCL setup.

If you only have AMD or only NVIDIA cards, you don't need to specify platform, so delete the -c switch.
Usually NVIDIA cards are plaform 0 (-c 0) and AMD are platform 1 (-c 1).
You can see the devices detected, by typing the command
optiminer --list-devices

Also, in Linux use the new Optiminer Equihash v. 2, not the old Optiminer Zero!!
Activity: 66
December 09, 2017, 08:16:33 PM
Hi guys can anyone help me with the error for optiminerZ/Zero in Linux 8gb:

[error] OpenCL error: cl::Context::Context() (CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND)

I saw the instructions on github to put a "-c 1" in the command line, but it didn't help and I couldn't figure it out.  
thanks
Activity: 94
December 09, 2017, 08:10:50 PM
some points about the site
1. in 'SPECIFICS' the inflation should have more details and the total supply should be written.
2. in 'OUR DIFFERENCES' please state the differences to what coins specifically.
 Smiley

if you payed attention, you would see that everything is their...

supply is constantly inflated "7200 zero per day" - in other words, its an ininite supply (hence, no fees)...

and in the Miners/Investor tab, you can find coin differences.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1003
December 09, 2017, 07:35:14 PM
some points about the site
1. in 'SPECIFICS' the inflation should have more details and the total supply should be written.
2. in 'OUR DIFFERENCES' please state the differences to what coins specifically.
 Smiley
Activity: 225
December 09, 2017, 05:50:12 PM
Awesome : ) zero block explorer coinmarketcap link fixed

Thanks!
Activity: 36
December 09, 2017, 05:49:00 PM
hello folks,

I would like to inform you
Minerentry will come back

Unfortunately, I am still in the hospital for a long time
and have no time and the possibility to administer the pool.
A pool means a fulltime job, I hope you understand that

I also had the block explorer problems and lack of communication
induced to stop the operation
I did not want to risk your miner losing your coins
Today I promise you to restart the pool as soon as I get out of the hospital

I will buy my own high end server for it
the layout will create my partner fidothadog

Look forward to the future

By the way, I have zero.wf months ago
bought for zero

Of course, this is still available for zero
and who does not know

minerentry.com == lokko
minerentry.com == fidothadog

best regards

Wink

Lokko, a few weeks back you mentioned that the dev for EWBF miner had contacted you about moding his miner to work with Zero. Is that still in the works?
Activity: 36
December 09, 2017, 05:21:05 PM
GUIDE:
HOW TO MOD OPTIMINER 1.2 FOR WINDOWS TO MAKE IT WORK WITH NVIDIA GPUS

1. Download both Optiminer 1.2 for Windows and Optiminer Equihash 2.0 for Linux.
2. Extract both files in two separate folders.
3. Go to the Optiminer 2.0 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Find the following 8 files named Nvidia_Equihash192_7-base.bin and Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round7.bin.
4. Copy these 8 files and place them in a new folder. Then rename them as follows: Nvidia_base.bin, Nvidia_round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_round7.bin.
5. Copy the renamed files and go to the Optiminer 1.2 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Paste there the files you just copied (overwrite the original files found there).
6. Optiminer 1.2 should work fine now. For better compatibility, use --pci-mode 0 in your config (or *.bat) file. Also, if you have a rig with both Nvidia and AMD gpus, I would suggest running one instance of Optiminer for each platform, by using the -c switch.

That's all folks.
I 've tried all sorts of things and spent a lot of time to make the damn thing work, so if it works for you and you 'd like to show your appreciation, send some coins to my ZERO address:

t1Xit7hfbfTW2EPvkVs9xP6AN5bD3Ri9BTE

I just did this a few hours ago and my rigs appears to be much more stable. Pulling 11+ sols/s out of all my 1070s with no need to restart every 15 min to 2hrs. Thank you.
Activity: 604
Merit: 252
December 09, 2017, 02:45:58 PM
The zero currency that has an attractive project, since the armor in the transactions and with almost zero rates, I see that the cominity is getting solid, is a project that must be observed.
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
December 09, 2017, 02:45:17 PM
hello, I am not a technical person by any means.. I am trying to install this the windows wallet... could anyone help me with what the following means:

2. Edit zero.conf and set strong username/password (it will work even if you skip this option)

fully understand may come across as a completely newbie but i suppose the key to growth is to also cater to the useless like me!  Grin Grin

I hope you did understand how to install Java?

I don't currently have a windows wallet installed otherwise I'd make it myself but perhaps a guide/video tutorial is a good thing to do. The average windows user is used to double clicking an installer.exe and is not accustomed to running a java application like this. Also, there is no reason why anyone in a sane mind would ever want to skip setting a strong (random) RPC user and pass.

If I am not mistaken, rpc is only for remote control. No RPC pass or u.n. set then daemon uses cookie based auth (local hidden cookie) for access to wallet function. Actually not for access to the built in wallet functions but for external tools such as javascript wallets (swing wallet).

Swing wallet dont need rpc. Rpc left blank prevents remote access. In my opinion sanity results from NOT setting creds for RPC unless you plan to use it.

My mistake. I did not know leaving it blank would do that. Learn something new every day Smiley cheers!  Still "Edit zero.conf and set strong username/password (it will work even if you skip this option)" should be phrased in a different way (if its indeed from the readme).

Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
December 09, 2017, 02:36:31 PM
Wow, never heard of a coin revived from the ashes. Developer left it, but community adopted it. Community is the most important component for any coin ecosystem. And the positive attitude of ZERO-currency community is what attracts me to this project.
December 09, 2017, 02:20:33 PM

I don't currently have a windows wallet installed otherwise I'd make it myself but perhaps a guide/video tutorial is a good thing to do. The average windows user is used to double clicking an installer.exe and is not accustomed to running a java application like this. Also, there is no reason why anyone in a sane mind would ever want to skip setting a strong (random) RPC user and pass.

If I am not mistaken, rpc is only for remote control. No RPC pass or u.n. set then daemon uses cookie based auth (local hidden cookie) for access to wallet function. Actually not for access to the built in wallet functions but for external tools such as javascript wallets (swing wallet).

Swing wallet dont need rpc. Rpc left blank prevents remote access. In my opinion sanity results from NOT setting creds for RPC unless you plan to use it.

Since i am 3 posts deep i will edit this one and public direct if anyone is having problems with the wallets on win or whatever and they want to store ZER not on exchange.. always can use built  in wallet its simple "fname-cli getnewaddress" outputs new (t) address for your built in daemon wallet to receive coin. (Replace fname with whatevet they calling cli tool) .. to be sure.its yours "fname-cli dumpprivkey [address_daemon__just_issued]" will give you privkey. Then you know you own the addy.

Easiest and quickest way to results of safe keeping. Tramsmitting them is a bit trickier from command line but with proper guide and explain its a cinch.

If anyone would like a command line guide assembled for publication or personal use just say the word. I can rebrand and publish.

I almost feel i must do some work for zero now if i wish it to be what i wish it to be.. collective mutual abundance for all.

Devs pm me if you need any php or web design  or documentation work, etc. I am a humble genius ; )
December 09, 2017, 02:12:29 PM
plz fix: (clickthrough from coinmarketcap.cap -> zeroexplorer.com)

browser SSL error, misconfig:

https://zeroexplorer.com/ Unable to communicate securely with peer: requested domain name does not match the server’s certificate. HTTP Strict Transport Security: true HTTP Public Key Pinning: false Certificate chain: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----  ...

Very good observation awill333
I have made an official request to change it into our new official block explorer

This is Zero community power

Thanks

DM

All welcome. Do you need a web admin? The site.still has error. Kindly dont wait coinmarketcap to fix zeros mistake. I invest all my money to ZER... coinmarketcap is BUSY and the mistake needs fixed. Its live with SSL error. Not t9 be neg but this looks bad.... perhaps my admin days gave me hyper critical about such but also because I am all in.

Instant solve: pull the site now dont wait. TURN OFF SSL on the site. Even if site is down and waiting relink, pull the bad SSL Cert! Or give me passw and I will.... cmc could require days to weeks or maybe no time but we dont know. This is a critical moment for zero.
December 09, 2017, 02:06:51 PM

the relevance of this statement is zero. the coins are appreciating each day, increasing in value. total net value increase each day, more miners = more interest = more stable coin = value increase = more energy/abundance for everyone involved. that is the equation, friend.

I would be more careful with comments such as the above. Whilst I understand your passion about zero, your statement underestimates the fact that when difficulty and number of miners increase, the number of coins per miner decreases. Yes, the value of coins does increase and the stability and interest on the coin increase, but this is exactly what happened with ETH as well. It was highly profitable in the beginning, but as difficulty skyrocketed because of the big number of miners, profits per miner eventually dropped, making it not the best of the profitable coins to mine nowadays

Sigh, didn't really inquire to ehat degree of "care" you would have me apply to my own statements.. they are."mine" own statements and your level of care you would apply to "mine" statements has again, zero relevance to me. So why bother unless intention is simply to put forth negative and useless comments? We can go back and forth blabbering baselezs opinions all day l8ng but that dont make ths coin value go up. I just invested every coin I had into this coin read as all of my savings.

So if it flops i am poor hahaha that is how much I care. No need to thank me miners you got a portion of  your well deserved earnings from me. I support you by jumping zhip on the other coin i held... all of them! That was yesterday and the market pushed up. I pushed it.

Dont mind the bots of cryptopia likely monero creation hah they have been.foolishly manipulating zeros price but no real $ is spent. All actual sales are over $.8 now just look  the history of any sale over 20 ZER
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
December 09, 2017, 02:03:41 PM

fully understand may come across as a completely newbie but i suppose the key to growth is to also cater to the useless like me!  Grin Grin

Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Mining is our Passion! Join us!
December 09, 2017, 01:43:53 PM

fully understand may come across as a completely newbie but i suppose the key to growth is to also cater to the useless like me!  Grin Grin

Pages:
Jump to: