Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER - page 90. (Read 68205 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 09, 2017, 12:02:44 PM
hello, I am not a technical person by any means.. I am trying to install this the windows wallet... could anyone help me with what the following means:

2. Edit zero.conf and set strong username/password (it will work even if you skip this option)

3. Start install_conf.bat by clicking on it.

4. Create a Desktop shortcut of ZEROSwingWalletUI.jar

fully understand may come across as a completely newbie but i suppose the key to growth is to also cater to the useless like me!  Grin Grin

You have a file in your zero wallet folder called zero.conf. Right click that file and select open with and choose notepad.

When the file opens, there are two lines at the begining:

rpcuser=
rpcpassword=

Just put your own user name and password there, the save and close the file.

Double click the file called install_conf.bat - it will just run for a moment, you'll just see it flash up and disappear.

Now right click on ZeroSwingWalletUI.jar and select create shortcut. This will make a shortcut icon in the folder. Drag that icon to your desktop and double click and wait for the wallet to load   Wink
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
December 09, 2017, 11:49:47 AM
hello, I am not a technical person by any means.. I am trying to install this the windows wallet... could anyone help me with what the following means:

2. Edit zero.conf and set strong username/password (it will work even if you skip this option)

3. Start install_conf.bat by clicking on it.

4. Create a Desktop shortcut of ZEROSwingWalletUI.jar

fully understand may come across as a completely newbie but i suppose the key to growth is to also cater to the useless like me!  Grin Grin
Activity: 94
December 09, 2017, 10:25:41 AM
                   https://i.imgur.com/8rxv5Rc.png

MINING HARDWARE ROUGH ESTIMATES
AMD
RX 480 = 10 h/s
RX 580 = 10 h/s
NVIDIA
1060 = 9 h/s
1070 = 11 h/s
1070ti = 11-12 h/s
1080 = 12 h/s
1080ti = 15 h/s

Hey, can anybody tell me how I can achieve 12 h/s with a GTX 1080?... I can only seem to average out @ 10 h/s with Extremely heavy OC... Whereas my GTX 1070 can hit 12 with no problem after some heavy memory OC... Any help is appreciated... I am sad to see the difficulty go up since I have only had a few weeks to accumulate some Zero for myself. Im hoping that their is a way that i can squeeze more performance out of my hardware...
Activity: 94
December 09, 2017, 07:15:41 AM
Since i am receiving multiple pm's and i do like to answer them all
but i would like to make an observation and also save some time for me and for some people that do write to me about this

ALL pm's i have received and ALL I will receive in the future regarding Zero's price or if someone should buy or sell or whatever
will be unanswered

Due to my involvement with Zero project you do understand
that whatever i say or know has an impact positively or negatively

That is why i chose any information that comes into my knowledge or is a result of my doing regarding this project
to be instantly communicated in this forum.
This means that everybody is up to speed about what is happening and there is no chance to be blamed for "inside information"

I know Crypto world is not THAT regulated YET. But it will be and because this Zero project
looks the future in the eyes WE WILL be correct and LEGIT since day one.

DM

Thank You Demarsac for your hard work and dedication... Looking forward to see what kind of Great and Creative minds that will come to volunteer and help this project as you have Cheesy
Activity: 126
December 09, 2017, 07:06:06 AM
but i would like to make an observation and also save some time for me and for some people that do write to me about this

ALL pm's i have received and ALL I will receive in the future regarding Zero's price or if someone should buy or sell or whatever
will be unanswered

That is why i chose any information that comes into my knowledge or is a result of my doing regarding this project
This means that everybody is up to speed about what is happening and there is no chance to be blamed for "inside information"

I know Crypto world is not THAT regulated YET. But it will be and because this Zero project

SInce the early start of managing Zero project i have decided to abstain from price manipulation
My only concern (as it should be) IS the growth of Zero project and Zero community
Everything else will come as a result of hard work and some more hard work....

PS. I advice rest of team members to follow same strategy although we barely speak about price in our direct communications
since we have more important things to discuss about Zero's growth

Thanks everybody and keep it up from Zero to Hero...

DM

This is the attitude that all Devs who want to develop trust in their project should have. Well done.
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
December 09, 2017, 05:19:35 AM

will be unanswered

SInce the early start of managing Zero project i have decided to abstain from price manipulation
My only concern (as it should be) IS the growth of Zero project and Zero community
Everything else will come as a result of hard work and some more hard work....

PS. I advice rest of team members to follow same strategy although we barely speak about price in our direct communications
since we have more important things to discuss about Zero's growth

Thanks everybody and keep it up from Zero to Hero...

DM
December 09, 2017, 05:04:00 AM
GUIDE:
HOW TO MOD OPTIMINER 1.2 FOR WINDOWS TO MAKE IT WORK WITH NVIDIA GPUS

1. Download both Optiminer 1.2 for Windows and Optiminer Equihash 2.0 for Linux.
2. Extract both files in two separate folders.
3. Go to the Optiminer 2.0 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Find the following 8 files named Nvidia_Equihash192_7-base.bin and Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round7.bin.
4. Copy these 8 files and place them in a new folder. Then rename them as follows: Nvidia_base.bin, Nvidia_round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_round7.bin.
5. Copy the renamed files and go to the Optiminer 1.2 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Paste there the files you just copied (overwrite the original files found there).
6. Optiminer 1.2 should work fine now. For better compatibility, use --pci-mode 0 in your config (or *.bat) file. Also, if you have a rig with both Nvidia and AMD gpus, I would suggest running one instance of Optiminer for each platform, by using the -c switch.

That's all folks.
I 've tried all sorts of things and spent a lot of time to make the damn thing work, so if it works for you and you 'd like to show your appreciation, send some coins to my ZERO address:

t1Xit7hfbfTW2EPvkVs9xP6AN5bD3Ri9BTE

This is great
Thanks ConstantinGR
Hope it works for other members too

I don't use Windows to check it out but if someone wants to give it a try please do and report back so other community members can help each other

Thanks

DM

I don't  have linux OS. so can someone upload a modified version? thanks.

Hi icelove

If you use windows you can follow ConstantinGR's instructions above
Thanks

DM
Activity: 711
Merit: 270
December 09, 2017, 04:12:40 AM
GUIDE:
HOW TO MOD OPTIMINER 1.2 FOR WINDOWS TO MAKE IT WORK WITH NVIDIA GPUS

1. Download both Optiminer 1.2 for Windows and Optiminer Equihash 2.0 for Linux.
2. Extract both files in two separate folders.
3. Go to the Optiminer 2.0 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Find the following 8 files named Nvidia_Equihash192_7-base.bin and Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round7.bin.
4. Copy these 8 files and place them in a new folder. Then rename them as follows: Nvidia_base.bin, Nvidia_round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_round7.bin.
5. Copy the renamed files and go to the Optiminer 1.2 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Paste there the files you just copied (overwrite the original files found there).
6. Optiminer 1.2 should work fine now. For better compatibility, use --pci-mode 0 in your config (or *.bat) file. Also, if you have a rig with both Nvidia and AMD gpus, I would suggest running one instance of Optiminer for each platform, by using the -c switch.

That's all folks.
I 've tried all sorts of things and spent a lot of time to make the damn thing work, so if it works for you and you 'd like to show your appreciation, send some coins to my ZERO address:

t1Xit7hfbfTW2EPvkVs9xP6AN5bD3Ri9BTE

This is great
Thanks ConstantinGR
Hope it works for other members too

I don't use Windows to check it out but if someone wants to give it a try please do and report back so other community members can help each other

Thanks

DM

I don't  have linux OS. so can someone upload a modified version? thanks.
December 09, 2017, 03:54:05 AM
plz fix: (clickthrough from coinmarketcap.cap -> zeroexplorer.com)

browser SSL error, misconfig:

https://zeroexplorer.com/ Unable to communicate securely with peer: requested domain name does not match the server’s certificate. HTTP Strict Transport Security: true HTTP Public Key Pinning: false Certificate chain: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----  ...

Very good observation awill333
I have made an official request to change it into our new official block explorer

This is Zero community power

Thanks

DM
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Mining is our Passion! Join us!
December 09, 2017, 02:48:59 AM

the relevance of this statement is zero. the coins are appreciating each day, increasing in value. total net value increase each day, more miners = more interest = more stable coin = value increase = more energy/abundance for everyone involved. that is the equation, friend.

I would be more careful with comments such as the above. Whilst I understand your passion about zero, your statement underestimates the fact that when difficulty and number of miners increase, the number of coins per miner decreases. Yes, the value of coins does increase and the stability and interest on the coin increase, but this is exactly what happened with ETH as well. It was highly profitable in the beginning, but as difficulty skyrocketed because of the big number of miners, profits per miner eventually dropped, making it not the best of the profitable coins to mine nowadays

In the ETH case, this was so called time bomb. The developers increased difficulty on purpose (to make big part of miners to go away).
It was not because of the increased number of miners .
ETH will end up with Proof type - PoS instead of PoW, which means no miners will be used to maintain the network.

This is not going to happen with Zero never ever..

But I agree more miners is always less coins per miner.
The coin price is suppose to compensate value losses.
Activity: 213
December 09, 2017, 02:34:30 AM

the relevance of this statement is zero. the coins are appreciating each day, increasing in value. total net value increase each day, more miners = more interest = more stable coin = value increase = more energy/abundance for everyone involved. that is the equation, friend.

I would be more careful with comments such as the above. Whilst I understand your passion about zero, your statement underestimates the fact that when difficulty and number of miners increase, the number of coins per miner decreases. Yes, the value of coins does increase and the stability and interest on the coin increase, but this is exactly what happened with ETH as well. It was highly profitable in the beginning, but as difficulty skyrocketed because of the big number of miners, profits per miner eventually dropped, making it not the best of the profitable coins to mine nowadays
Activity: 55
December 09, 2017, 01:53:52 AM
How about your health, ok now? When does your pool reopen again?

hello folks,

I would like to inform you
Minerentry will come back

Unfortunately, I am still in the hospital for a long time
and have no time and the possibility to administer the pool.
A pool means a fulltime job, I hope you understand that

I also had the block explorer problems and lack of communication
induced to stop the operation
I did not want to risk your miner losing your coins
Today I promise you to restart the pool as soon as I get out of the hospital

I will buy my own high end server for it
the layout will create my partner fidothadog

Look forward to the future

By the way, I have zero.wf months ago
bought for zero

Of course, this is still available for zero
and who does not know

minerentry.com == lokko
minerentry.com == fidothadog

best regards

Wink
Activity: 225
December 08, 2017, 09:13:49 PM
Hashrate has broken old time record
Difficulty has broken all time record
Price has broken all time record

This is very healthy for our Zero eco-system

Doesn't the diff increase mean less profits per day for miners though?  More miners sharing the same amount of daily coins, right?

December 08, 2017, 09:07:19 PM

Doesn't the diff increase mean less profits per day for miners though?  More miners sharing the same amount of daily coins, right?
December 08, 2017, 07:18:55 PM
plz fix: (clickthrough from coinmarketcap.cap -> zeroexplorer.com)

browser SSL error, misconfig:

https://zeroexplorer.com/ Unable to communicate securely with peer: requested domain name does not match the server’s certificate. HTTP Strict Transport Security: true HTTP Public Key Pinning: false Certificate chain: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----  ...
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1003
December 08, 2017, 05:46:21 PM
i really like this coin and the effort by us (the community) to take over!
many thanks to all the people involved.
December 08, 2017, 02:12:36 PM
I put in a request @ coinmarketcap.com to change the announcement link to this page. Also nice work on the trade satoshi exchange listing .. now just needs some folks to start the action over there Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
December 08, 2017, 01:20:02 PM

This is an amazing equilibrium
I could not have hoped for better balance for growth statistics

I will start checking out Exchanges that are suitable for our Zero at this point of time and during this weekend
Latest by Monday noon we will send out our applications for Mid-Exhanges as promised

From Zero to Hero....

Great news, Demarsac. Glad to see that Zero coin have a big interest in the crypto community. We need to attract more attention to the Zero project. It the big exchange will add us it will be really great!
December 08, 2017, 01:12:59 PM

This is an amazing equilibrium
I could not have hoped for better balance for growth statistics

I will start checking out Exchanges that are suitable for our Zero at this point of time and during this weekend
Latest by Monday noon we will send out our applications for Mid-Exhanges as promised

From Zero to Hero....
December 08, 2017, 10:36:22 AM
Speaking of pools, I noticed that the amount of hashrate has increased significantly.
Could the pool operators please argue on their pools' advantages giving tangible points, such as fees, stability, profitability, rewards etc?
In simple words, why should I choose pool A over pool B?
Pages:
Jump to: