Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params - page 11. (Read 131845 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Small history
A few months ago an unknown person "X" created Zero
This person has disappeared a few weeks later (There are many scenarios of what happened)
Then Tearo a serious and well esteemed member of this forum decided to take over and run this
for quite a while till 10 days ago.

My last communication with Tearo was 18th November and it was about how to move this project onto the next step
We were finalizing details with great NEW THINGS when suddenly Tearo disappeared.
It is not in his character to disappear without notice so i fear that something bad happened to him (I surely hope not)

But it turns out that this project is bigger than Tearo, myself, any community member and EVEN its OWN creator.

ZERO, in its own quest to find its mysterious X maker one day decided to become something bigger.
Maybe by becoming something bigger we can prove to ZERO's creator that he shouldn't have left...
OR
Maybe ZERO's creator left ZERO on purpose so it could become its own COIN, a stronger and better crypto even bigger than what he had hopped.

Whenever i say ZERO i mean ZERO COMMUNITY.
And this community is alive and vibrant and it is about to have a very good shock

For some reason I have received many pm's from various Community members to takeover this project and push it towards Evolution

I do NOT own this project
ZERO COMMUNITY owns this project and it belongs to the community.

But i WILL help moving ZERO towards the right direction

IN 2-3 days from now a new ANN will be made with all the changes and the latest additions in ZERO project
A WEBSITE is almost ready and as you have seen we have 2 WINDOWS WALLET's ready.
The one from lutsifer is easier to install but DO try both.

Whoever wants to help or be part of the team, please pm me with a small bio about yourselves and what you are GOOD t or HOW you wish to contribute

SLACK OR DISCORD will be ready by the end of the week (still deciding which one)

IN order to fly you have to first learn how to walk

Let's walk this together....

Finally something happens...
Check PM

Activity: 202
Small history
This person has disappeared a few weeks later (There are many scenarios of what happened)
Then Tearo a serious and well esteemed member of this forum decided to take over and run this

My last communication with Tearo was 18th November and it was about how to move this project onto the next step
We were finalizing details with great NEW THINGS when suddenly Tearo disappeared.
It is not in his character to disappear without notice so i fear that something bad happened to him (I surely hope not)

But it turns out that this project is bigger than Tearo, myself, any community member and EVEN its OWN creator.

ZERO, in its own quest to find its mysterious X maker one day decided to become something bigger.
Maybe by becoming something bigger we can prove to ZERO's creator that he shouldn't have left...
OR
Maybe ZERO's creator left ZERO on purpose so it could become its own COIN, a stronger and better crypto even bigger than what he had hopped.

And this community is alive and vibrant and it is about to have a very good shock

For some reason I have received many pm's from various Community members to takeover this project and push it towards Evolution

IN 2-3 days from now a new ANN will be made with all the changes and the latest additions in ZERO project
A WEBSITE is almost ready and as you have seen we have 2 WINDOWS WALLET's ready.

Whoever wants to help or be part of the team, please pm me with a small bio about yourselves and what you are GOOD t or HOW you wish to contribute

SLACK OR DISCORD will be ready by the end of the week (still deciding which one)

really great news....

congrats demarsac

hope to see great things happend....
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
Small history

OR

Nobody messes with the community

The community strikes BACK.....

2 WORKING WINDOWS WALLETS
2 WORKING BLOCK EXPLORERS
4 WORKING MINING POOLS

SOON A WORKING WEBSITE and more....

This is NOT coincidence. This is Providence Smiley

Stay tuned...

PS. Cryptosights, i saw ur pm... i will revert
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Mining is our Passion! Join us!
It seems everybody worked on the subject this night

WINDOWS WALLET

We did pretty much same as the post above - just we believe it is a bit easier to install.

You can download it from our pool at zero.forgetop.com

There is a detailed README it should be enough to install it.

Have fun miners, and don't forget - come mine with us in  zero.forgetop.com

Cheers!

*** Working Windows UI Wallet Here ***

As part of the revival and growth efforts surrounding the Zero project, I have compiled the Zero Swing UI JAR wallet for Windows based on the instructions given by Vaklinov at https://github.com/vaklinov/zero-swing-wallet-ui. Since you can no longer find the compiled Windows executables at https://zeroexplorer.com/zerowin.zip (domain doesn't work anymore), I've taken the liberty to upload the entire bundle to https://files.fm/u/9tbhdbzz for your convenience.

You can do everything yourselves by following this guide: https://github.com/zerocurrency/zero, but thought giving Windows end users a simple file bundle that you can install and run within 2 minutes without having to compile everything on Linux is a better way to go until such time as we have an official GUI wallet (coming soon).

The package includes all 3 executables, the .jar file which is the actual wallet file that you'll need to run (make sure you have Java installed on your windows machine, download from https://java.com/en/download/) and the README file which specifies what you should put in your zero.conf file in order to connect to the network. I've search far and wide for working node IP addresses and added them to the list and it should provide with at least 3 active connections to the Zero network as of writing this.

Make sure you also download the zcash proving keys (instructions also included in the README file). Make sure you run the .jar file from the same folder where the executables are located (zcashd most importantly) and it'll sync with the blockchain and take care of the rest.

Word of caution - the only downside is that you can't encrypt your wallet with this version, so make sure you manually encrypt it by putting wallet.zero inside of a password protected zip or rar file for example.

Two currently working explorers are:

http://zeroexplorer.forgetop.com/
http://zeropool.cloud:3001/

Zero is by far the most technically and economically solid zcash-based anonymity projects out there while being the most undervalued at this point in time with a market cap of under $500k, which makes this the ideal point to enter if you want to be part of this exciting journey. More to come!

Donations aren't necessary but welcome: t1hAQZkuMZ96GcY6qWhQ7Jv2N6SZ27yKK1y

P.S. Demarsac I just PMed you, let's chat

Another good news today!
Thank you cryptosights

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
*** Working Windows UI Wallet Here ***

As part of the revival and growth efforts surrounding the Zero project, I have compiled the Zero Swing UI JAR wallet for Windows based on the instructions given by Vaklinov at https://github.com/vaklinov/zero-swing-wallet-ui. Since you can no longer find the compiled Windows executables at https://zeroexplorer.com/zerowin.zip (domain doesn't work anymore), I've taken the liberty to upload the entire bundle to https://files.fm/u/9tbhdbzz for your convenience.

You can do everything yourselves by following this guide: https://github.com/zerocurrency/zero, but thought giving Windows end users a simple file bundle that you can install and run within 2 minutes without having to compile everything on Linux is a better way to go until such time as we have an official GUI wallet (coming soon).

The package includes all 3 executables, the .jar file which is the actual wallet file that you'll need to run (make sure you have Java installed on your windows machine, download from https://java.com/en/download/) and the README file which specifies what you should put in your zero.conf file in order to connect to the network. I've search far and wide for working node IP addresses and added them to the list and it should provide with at least 3 active connections to the Zero network as of writing this.

Make sure you also download the zcash proving keys (instructions also included in the README file). Make sure you run the .jar file from the same folder where the executables are located (zcashd most importantly) and it'll sync with the blockchain and take care of the rest.

Word of caution - the only downside is that you can't encrypt your wallet with this version, so make sure you manually encrypt it by putting wallet.zero inside of a password protected zip or rar file for example.

Two currently working explorers are:

http://zeroexplorer.forgetop.com/
http://zeropool.cloud:3001/

Zero is by far the most technically and economically solid zcash-based anonymity projects out there while being the most undervalued at this point in time with a market cap of under $500k, which makes this the ideal point to enter if you want to be part of this exciting journey. More to come!

Donations aren't necessary but welcome: t1hAQZkuMZ96GcY6qWhQ7Jv2N6SZ27yKK1y

P.S. Demarsac I just PMed you, let's chat
Good morning Miners,

Another shiny day for all of us:)

Price is rising steady and we are ready to thrive again with  our profits  Grin

In a meantime you are welcome to come and give it a try to our mining pool at zero.forgetop.com.

The lowest orphan rate present at the market for the moment  Grin Only 13 orphans for 800+ blocks.

C'mon miners, start your engines!
I have been quite busy these days with new pools but now i read good and bad news

I think that project is still ALIVE with 5Kh/s of global hashrate, even if it's slow because project has not premine or coins for devs.
INDEED My pool stats
BLOCKS FOUND 4924
PAID 44705.19986077 ZER

There is an hopper with coins for develop we can use it @tearo?

This is my new blockexplorer ( synchronizing ) http://zeropool.cloud:3001
thank you lutsifer for your explorer
Now we have 2 blockexplorer in case of downtime

I want to wait little bit before figuring out whether it's the case to abandon the project or to create a fork

@tearo any news?
@david any news about windows wallet?
Hi guys, forgive me if I am incorrect, but I thought the developer of this coin left long ago, right after I had bought and mined a bunch. I have held Zero for a while now and just watched its slow decline.

Has someone brought new life to this coin? Or is this just being sustained by bag holders?

If there is a developer working on this project, how will it compete with the now over a dozen other more known Zcash spinoffs?

Yes you are right the initial developer left long ago
"Bagholder" is a very interesting word
Someone would call bagholders the people that kept Groestlcoin for 2 years and even more bagholders the people that kept mining it without even covering their power costs
A few weeks ago it went 800X up. Yes 800 times up.
I wouldn't call them bagholders now would I?

Zero is far better than many Zcash spinoffs out there. But right now this is not the biggest power of Zero
The biggest power of zero is that it is 10x or x100 times less price and market capitalization than the mentioned crypto's
That alone has a lot of value.

Zero was made for the community
and the community will keep Zero alive

And even if they don't... I WILL

Activity: 47
Hi guys, forgive me if I am incorrect, but I thought the developer of this coin left long ago, right after I had bought and mined a bunch. I have held Zero for a while now and just watched its slow decline.

Has someone brought new life to this coin? Or is this just being sustained by bag holders?

If there is a developer working on this project, how will it compete with the now over a dozen other more known Zcash spinoffs?

Guys,

Things are not always what they seem

In order for big whales to make more money they first need to undervalue something in order to buy it cheap.

I am NOT saying that this is definitely the case here

But it might be....

So be more patient and keep in mind that the richest people in the world are the few...not the many
So act like the few
Activity: 43
can someone point me how to add this coin to z-nomp, wich changes are need to be done to stratum-pool??
@minerentry?
One pool is not the whole project

I would be patient and see what unfolds the coming days
Activity: 65
hello miner,

I closed the pool today
because I have no confidence in this project

all coins are still paid.

best regards
minerentry
Hey Miners,

Little price fluctuation do not scare you, does they?

zero.forgetop.com is waiting for new miners back up!

C'mon guys, it's time to rock while there is not too much crowd, right?

It will take few days for the price to restore, but we will have pockets full with coins when this happen and then ... you know - wonderful life  Cheesy

Start your engines miners!

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
When i see the expansion of zcoin, i think this one has a great futur knowing the big community support.

Definitely a good hold
Activity: 98
Between 19& 20/11 there was 2 payments (340 zero total) that never took place from my suprnova account to my wallet. (looks like those two days i was mining thin air)
In this case is there any relation with the zero project or is it a fault of  my ex-pool (suprnova)?
In other words
How can i understand if it was a mistake from the pool or from the project?
Is there any possibility that my miners didn't found any blocks for two days? and how should i realize now that's late.(suprnova shows last  20 blocks)
Maybe somenone understood what excactly happened those days?
Thanks

I did answer you in the help chat.

thank you very much.
Between 19& 20/11 there was 2 payments (340 zero total) that never took place from my suprnova account to my wallet. (looks like those two days i was mining thin air)
In this case is there any relation with the zero project or is it a fault of  my ex-pool (suprnova)?
In other words
How can i understand if it was a mistake from the pool or from the project?
Is there any possibility that my miners didn't found any blocks for two days? and how should i realize now that's late.(suprnova shows last  20 blocks)
Maybe somenone understood what excactly happened those days?
Thanks

I did answer you in the help chat.
Wallet @ suprnova crashed, I've fixed it and it's back up Smiley

This message seems to be a bit earlier. But there has to be some relation in between.
Pages:
Jump to: